Page 224 of 268 FirstFirst ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Maybe I'm dense for not finding the answer... Just rolled my unused 20/21 pass credit into the 21/22 pass, which means I can ski Mammoth this Spring. Do I use the pass card I currently have for skiing Mammoth next weekend, or are they mailing a new card?
    Go to customer service and they will print a pass for you. My guess would be the current pass won't work.
    Ikon sends us new passes every year instead of reusing them.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Your 2020-2021 pass should work, just bring it to the customer service and they can re-activate it. That’s what I did up at Squaw this week. You get the new pass later in the fall

Maybe I'm dense for not finding the answer... Just rolled my unused 20/21 pass credit into the 21/22 pass, which means I can ski Mammoth this Spring. Do I use the pass card I currently have for skiing Mammoth next weekend, or are they mailing a new card?
    I think it might be up thread but because you have a pic on file just go to the Mill ticket kiosk and they’ll issue you a new pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I think it might be up thread but because you have a pic on file just go to the Mill ticket kiosk and they’ll issue you a new pass.
    Awesome, thanks guys.

My current pass worked at Squaw without having to to go to the pass office.

I think I just Tech Washed my current pass in that sleeve pocket of my Patagucci jacket and stored it away.

"Thank you for contacting the Season Pass Contact Center. 21/22 Season Passes will be printing & mailing out in the Fall (Sept-Oct) prior to Opening Day of Winter Season. Please make sure you have uploaded a photo to be printed on the pass as well as accept the Liability Release Waiver to activate the Pass.

To access Spring Riding at the Locations offering this Bonus perk, simply show your valid photo ID & Ikon purchase confirmation number to the Guest Services Ticket Window. A temporary Pass will be issued for remainder of this current Season. "

Yeah, very easy picking up spring pass today at mammoth main lodge. Pass looks like my unused 20/21 pass, but different numbers on bottom. Glad they used my quarantine mohawk photo I submitted last year. Teenage bucket list complete ��

New for 21/22 Ikon Pass holders, unlock untouched powder and crispy corduroy with free Ikon Pass First Tracks, once per month at select destinations, on designated days. Grab early morning laps before the lifts open to the public.

Stay tuned, Ikon Pass First Tracks dates and more details will be announced by November 1, 2021.

GRAB IKON PASS FIRST TRACKS AT:

Big Bear Mountain Resort
    Blue Mountain
    Crystal Mountain
    Deer Valley Resort
    June Mountain
    Mammoth Mountain
    Snowshoe Mountain
    Solitude Mountain Resort
    Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
    Steamboat
    Stratton
    Sugarbush Resort
    Tremblant
    Winter Park Resort

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/search?t...I0MTE3NjcwMgS2

such a deal....

I think this is a good move and it will be good for both ikon users and locals. They will probably pick a Monday or Tuesday on low peak days. Ikoners will love it, especially if they get a POW day. Some may save their ikon days at limited resorts, so they get early admission. This might place less ikon stress on non first tracks days. This could lead to less locals on ikon ft days, but more days for locals to enjoy an ikon free-ish mountain.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I think this is a good move and it will be good for both ikon users and locals. They will probably pick a Monday or Tuesday on low peak days. Ikoners will love it, especially if they get a POW day. Some may save their ikon days at limited resorts, so they get early admission. This might place less ikon stress on non first tracks days. This could lead to less locals on ikon ft days, but more days for locals to enjoy an ikon free-ish mountain.
    That list is mostly (all?) Alterra owned/unlimited resorts though.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    That list is mostly (all?) Alterra owned/unlimited resorts though.
    Yeah. So they're just opening early one day per month, right?

If that list included JHMR, a civil war would have erupted

I can only imagine the scene if they actually let certain people lap runs for any considerable length of time on a crowded powder day while the locals waited for lifts to open for them.

What exactly are first tracks? Opening for you 30 minutes or so prior? First chairs of the day? Does every single Ikoner have the same date to go early at each resort?

Given they are offering only 3 early track days for the entire winter at seemingly random, it's intriguing but hardly a draw imo. That said, it would obviously be awesome if you got lucky enough to draw one of those killer days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    What exactly are first tracks? Opening for you 30 minutes or so prior? First chairs of the day? Does every single Ikoner have the same date to go early at each resort?

Given they are offering only 3 early track days for the entire winter at seemingly random, it's intriguing but hardly a draw imo. That said, it would obviously be awesome if you got lucky enough to draw one of those killer days.
    From how I interpreted the FAQs it seems every Ikoner will have the same day. Given it's all at Alterra owned resorts where the only pass option is an Ikon it's essentially opening early 1 day / month. Lots of marketing, not much upside (except an extra 30 mins or whatever of skiing, which is cool).

lame gimmick
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    New for 21/22 Ikon Pass holders, unlock untouched powder and crispy corduroy with free Ikon Pass First Tracks, once per month at select destinations, on designated days. Grab early morning laps before the lifts open to the public.

Stay tuned, Ikon Pass First Tracks dates and more details will be announced by November 1, 2021.

GRAB IKON PASS FIRST TRACKS AT:

Big Bear Mountain Resort
    Blue Mountain
    Crystal Mountain
    Deer Valley Resort
    June Mountain
    Mammoth Mountain
    Snowshoe Mountain
    Solitude Mountain Resort
    Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
    Steamboat
    Stratton
    Sugarbush Resort
    Tremblant
    Winter Park Resort

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/search?t...I0MTE3NjcwMgS2

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    lame gimmick
    It would be way cooler if you could put your name in a lottery each day for first tracks and they gave it to a handful of folks.

The locals ARE the Ikoners. It's all happening at Ikon owned mountains, the locals have Ikon passes. No out of towner is going to plan a trip elsewhere to start an hour early on these mountains on most likely very limited terrain, or the early day may be cancelled because patrol has to do control work after a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    I can only imagine the scene if they actually let certain people lap runs for any considerable length of time on a crowded powder day while the locals waited for lifts to open for them.

It's just test marketing right now. Toe in water. They know how this gets people riled up, Intrawest did it, but dropped it. The Covid has given them a lot of time to figure new things to try for revenue and whatever this is.

It’s all capitalism and people eat up marketing, but it sucks because what real down-to-earth improvements have actually been done for these mountains that makes them better on a regular basis?

Things I would love to see at Crystal:

- High resolution webcams all over the mountain to judge conditions and number of visitors

- Better food options at the base, more seating for people (and more covered / heated seating)

- Paved parking lots

- Higher resolution pass option

- More non-skier activities offered

- Better / usable website and tech

These guys that run places like Alterra and Epic are frankly idiots. Sure they might be good at making their P/L look good to shareholders (in Epics case) but what are they doing to make these places sustainable and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    It’s all capitalism and people eat up marketing, but it sucks because what real down-to-earth improvements have actually been done for these mountains that makes them better on a regular basis?

Things I would love to see at Crystal:

- High resolution webcams all over the mountain to judge conditions and number of visitors

- Better food options at the base, more seating for people (and more covered / heated seating)

- Paved parking lots

- Higher resolution pass option

- More non-skier activities offered

- Better / usable website and tech

These guys that run places like Alterra and Epic are frankly idiots. Sure they might be good at making their P/L look good to shareholders (in Epics case) but what are they doing to make these places sustainable and enjoyable.

How about we making Nacho Mountain at the Elk great again! Shit is like Nacho knoll at this point...
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by adrian.bee View Post
    If that list included JHMR, a civil war would have erupted
    Quoted for Motherfucking Truth.

Sooooo.... ikon first tracks occurs on weekends & holidays. It’s a ~$150 upgrade or perhaps 175.... can’t recall. You get access to the mtn ~1 hour prior to everyone else. You also get first tracks access by staying in Alterra exclusive properties- think the Fairmont @ Tremblant.

I think this move is lame AF.

Basically every clown in rental boots on the wrong feet will now be human gates while I’m on my SuperG skis.

Plus many already renewed thinking that they would not have to share the hill because they actually paid for first tracks or booked upscale lodging.

Yeah - Steamboat has been doing that "First Tracks" thing for *decades* IIRC.