Page 187 of 268 FirstFirst ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

A few hours ago, this hit the inbox from Mammoth:

This effort starts with controlling resort visitation levels to avoid overcrowding. We are prioritizing access for season pass holders and will tightly regulate the number of daily lift tickets that will be available by advance purchase only. To this end, walk-up window sales will be eliminated, and the sale of most undated lift ticket products will be discontinued until further notice.
    WTF does that mean? Does that include the IKON horde of passholders? Or did I miss that nugget somewhere else?

Well so far Steamboat is saying no reservation unless needed. So I can imagine some really busy days having reservations.

We have a place there and don’t need to worry about parking or shuttle bus. With me working from home for the foreseeable future been spending a lot of time in Steamboat and planning to this winter.

Was hoping reservations wouldn’t be required so I can get out for an hour or two on weekdays.

Overall I think demand will be down for destination resorts. Tourists love all the non skiing stuff that will be limited or nonexistent. I don’t see families prioritizing expensive ski vacations this year.

I think the immediate Front Range resorts will be a cluster from local demand. Steamboat is just far enough people can’t day trip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    A few hours ago, this hit the inbox from Mammoth:

WTF does that mean? Does that include the IKON horde of passholders? Or did I miss that nugget somewhere else?
    All Mammoth passholders are IKON passholders. Not sure what you mean?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by steadieflow View Post
    Well so far Steamboat is saying no reservation unless needed. So I can imagine some really busy days having reservations.

We have a place there and don’t need to worry about parking or shuttle bus. With me working from home for the foreseeable future been spending a lot of time in Steamboat and planning to this winter.

Was hoping reservations wouldn’t be required so I can get out for an hour or two on weekdays.

Overall I think demand will be down for destination resorts. Tourists love all the non skiing stuff that will be limited or nonexistent. I don’t see families prioritizing expensive ski vacations this year.

I think the immediate Front Range resorts will be a cluster from local demand. Steamboat is just far enough people can’t day trip it.
    I heard that people got emails from Steamboat and Winter Park about prioritizing season pass holders and restricting ticket sales. Reading between the lines, I’m wondering if they’ll end up giving priority to SS and WP pass holders vs Ikon eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Any tips on how to choose the assurance option? I get a separate pass at my home mountain and then travel around and hit ikon places enough to make it worth it.
    I understand how it works but not sure what to choose
    Pick the resort that you think has the highest expected number of days closed due to COVID-19, regardless of whether you're planning to ski there. I'd recommend someplace in a state with a Democratic governor and a high likelihood of a COVID breakout. (Squaw? Mammoth? Crystal? Copper?)

Selecting "All Destinations" is a sucker's bet - you're amortizing the risk for Ikon, and hence decreasing your expected payout.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I heard that people got emails from Steamboat and Winter Park about prioritizing season pass holders and restricting ticket sales. Reading between the lines, I’m wondering if they’ll end up giving priority to SS and WP pass holders vs Ikon eventually.
    Well for Steamboat Ikon is the pass unless you have an employee pass. If you want unlimited Steamboat you buy the full Ikon.

Eldora has parking reservations, but hasn't announced a thing about them. And while they do sell a separate Eldora pass, it's only slightly cheaper than an Ikon Base, so I am sure the vast majority of passholders are Ikon.

Eldora also announced (though it is well hidden) that they will charge $10 per single occupant vehicle on weekends and pow days.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

that went over so well last time, why not try again?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I'd do that if it means fewer people.
    Yup, I gladly would too. And I say that as someone who probably makes a bit less than the average mag.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    All Mammoth passholders are IKON passholders. Not sure what you mean?
    That's what I was asking, which I did poorly. Thanks for clearing that up.

I was tripped up by the language around a non-specific date ticket. To me, that could mean an IKON pass. Then again, I've yet to have an IKON pass and didn't realize it's the new season pass for a lot of ski areas.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Eldora has parking reservations, but hasn't announced a thing about them. And while they do sell a separate Eldora pass, it's only slightly cheaper than an Ikon Base, so I am sure the vast majority of passholders are Ikon.

Eldora also announced (though it is well hidden) that they will charge $10 per single occupant vehicle on weekends and pow days.
    So they’re going to encourage students from Boulder (currently one of the counties with the most cases/100,000 in CO) to pack a car, to avoid that $10 charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

I'm sure they'll find as many ways to fuck it all up as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'm sure they'll find as many ways to fuck it all up as possible.
    $10. Interesting. So they're incentivizing people who don't live in the same household to carpool.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

They are CHARGING $10 extra for "pow days" at Eldora??? Good luck, not sure I'd go if they paid $10🤣

Squaw passes may have been 1600 years ago but in the cheap pass era the price dropped considerably and then went up a couple hundred bucks I believe when they went to Ikon. Some of you guys are living way in the past. (Also, they did away with senior passes, which I think is fair, since seniors probably use their passes more than most skiers and we have all the money as I'm constantly being reminded on this forum.)
    Alpine lot has been filling by 10A on ordinary Saturdays for many years, and Squaw lot has filled before Ikon on non holiday Saturdays as well.

Edit--combined Squaw Alpine adult pass was $439 for the 16-17 season, first season of the merger. I think it was about 100 less for seniors.

I wonder if the Covid will do in the IKON pass. Maybe next season I'll be able to buy a Squalpine only pass--for the price of this year's Ikon, or more.

The website said something like the fee was imposed by Boulder County.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Telluride's adult season pass price is $1750. They give you a 10% discount off of that price (through end of September) because they closed early last season.

I just learned Taos has a 14-day quarantine for many states (but Colorado is currently on the exempt list...for now).
    https://www.newmexico.org/covid-19-t...r-information/

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So I’ve heard Vail and now Al say they don’t expect reservations will affect anything, other than a handful of the busiest of days. Should we trust them?
    Yes. Ski industry is saying "we need 75% capacity of our busiest day ever." That means its pretty rare to ever hit the cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Yes. Ski industry is saying "we need 75% capacity of our busiest day ever." That means its pretty rare to ever hit the cap.
    While that may sound good on paper, I can't imagine what the lift lines will look like to keep everyone spaced out. It will be a shitshow.

Just snagged A-Basin passes before the price went up. $700 for myself and two teenage boys, which I think is a steal. We will be deferring our Ikon passes until next season. Really purchased the Ikon for A Basin, Taos, Aspen and Jackson, and I really just don't want to mess with the reservation system.

While we will still mostly be at Loveland, I'm really looking forward to skiing A basin a bunch this year. The east wall and steep gullies are my happy places. It will also be really nice to have 6 days at Monarch.

^^ I would kill for that. However, i guarantee the price point won't increase more than 10% in a given year or most of the customers simply go away. Back when passes cost 20x the day ticket price, VR wasn't selling 900,000 passes to people skiing an average of <5 days a year.

Rusty just sent this out to the Mammoth crew. I like it.

This effort starts with controlling resort visitation levels to avoid overcrowding. We are prioritizing access for season pass holders and will tightly regulate the number of daily lift tickets that will be available by advance purchase only. To this end, walk-up window sales will be eliminated, and the sale of most undated lift ticket products will be discontinued until further notice. Please visit mammothmountain.com/covid for more information regarding our policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Ikon Pass

Are walk up sales really that significant anywhere? Multi passes kinda killed them, no?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ikon Pass

I plunked down for the Abasin pass yesterday. Being out of work for 6 months drained the accounts for an expense pass of questionable use.
    But as a friend said. No work, more time to ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums