Page 27 of 268 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikon Pass

I'll admit, their computer system is not top notch. They sent me an email 2 days ago with the subject "ACTION REQUIRED: Update missing account information to receive your pass". I logged in to see what was up, and their system tells me that everything is complete. My wife (who is listed there as part of my family) didn't get an Ikon pass so possibly it was her info that was incomplete. Because, you know, she didn't get a pass.

So, while the above bitching is just that, it doesn't seem like they have the sharpest IT people working on this.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'll admit, their computer system is not top notch. They sent me an email 2 days ago with the subject "ACTION REQUIRED: Update missing account information to receive your pass". I logged in to see what was up, and their system tells me that everything is complete. My wife (who is listed there as part of my family) didn't get an Ikon pass so possibly it was her info that was incomplete. Because, you know, she didn't get a pass.

So, while the above bitching is just that, it doesn't seem like they have the sharpest IT people working on this.
    My email said exactly that. For the new photo.
    Evidently the release I signed last Spring at Mammoth was enough, they weren’t asking for that.

Got the same email and just need to up load a picture.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Ikon Pass

This could make for some much more unique ski pass photos this season
    Last edited by mcski; 08-10-2018 at 07:16 PM.

"That's not my butt with hat and glasses on, I just had a bad allergy reaction to peanuts that day, ma'am"

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    "That's not my butt with hat and glasses on, I just had a bad allergy reaction to peanuts that day, ma'am"
    Still, it's am improvement

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    This could make for some much more unique ski pass photo this season
    I did some pretty goofy ones for my kids... we'll see if they get printed.

I got the email AGAIN. Tells me to look for "My Mountain Checklist" to see what's wrong. Logged in again. Can't find the checklist anywhere on the site. Still seems like everything is GTG. So I emailed them asking what's up, got this response:

Please disregard the email you received pertaining to your Ikon Pass account. This was sent to many people in error, as we work on completing all Ikon Pass Holders online profiles. This is to ensure a smooth delivery process this coming fall. If you log into your account and do not see a yellow banner stating "My Mountain checklist" then you are good to go. If you see this banner, please follow the missing items located on the right hand side of the banner.
    So, yeah, not the sharpest IT department. Because you think the email could be modified to, ya know, actually say this?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ikon Pass

Both of the base areas of Copper and WP are currently huge construction zones, building up infrastructure to handle the coming shitshow migration from Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Still, it's am improvement
    Well, I do have a nice ass, thank you for noticing.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Both of the base areas of Copper and WP are currently huge construction zones, building up infrastructure to handle the coming shitshow migration from Epic.
    Um, I think it has more to do with the fact that both mountains are replacing a base area lift. There is no infrastructure project related to Ikon per se. And in any case, from what I gather it doesn't seem like there will be a mass migration from Vail Resorts to Alterra, at least not in Colorado.

We (Epic passholders) can only hope.

BTW, sounds like there will be Copper 5 packs for sale at REI over labor day. Decent deal, and probably an option for the wife and I as she loves Copper.

Um, I think it has more to do with the fact that both mountains are replacing a base area lift. There is no infrastructure project related to Ikon per se. And in any case, from what I gather it doesn't seem like there will be a mass migration from Vail Resorts to Alterra, at least not in Colorado.
    Aren't these projects the result of a huge influx of Alterra capital? Or is it just coincidence?

Re:migration. Guess it depends on circles you run in. I know that probably 1/3rd of the people I know who used to be Epic skiers are going IKON this year because of addition of Aspen + Jackson on top of steamboat.

Replacing Flyer and American Eagle will be huge improvement but I'd hate to see Main Vein on a Saturday afternoon or opening weekend. Best thing about Copper is the Super B, never a line, and it gets you to the top fast AF.

While I'd miss Jackson, I'll take CB over Aspen, and fuck Steamboat anyway. I really hope this amounts to a big rebalancing of skier traffic this season.

Ikon Pass

I thought I read the new lifts were from an influx of Alterra capital.

A bunch of my friends have jumped the Epic ship to go to Ikon, including a few you were all about that #vaillife so if that’s any reflection of what’s happening generally in the Front Range, I think things will rebalance a bit. WP and Copper will be more crowded no question. Many I talk to are sick of dealing with the tunnel and metering.

These replacements have been planned for a while; they weren't drawn up after the purchase. I doubt anyone would say they are a direct result of new capital. But maybe so.

As for a rebalancing of skiers, if so these folks will be sorely disappointed. Because Winter Park was crowded as fuck. But maybe I'm wrong.

These replacements have been planned for a while; they weren't drawn up after the purchase. I doubt anyone would say they are a direct result of new capital. But maybe so.

As for a rebalancing of skiers, if so these folks will be sorely disappointed. Because Winter Park was crowded as fuck. But maybe I'm wrong.
    I’m hoping there’s also a rebalancing of touron skiers to other fantastic locales away from CO. Hey Texans, try to try something other than Breck

I’m hoping there’s also a rebalancing of touron skiers to other fantastic locales away from CO. Hey Texans, try to try something other than Breck
    Nooo .... You keep all the fucking Texicans.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Replacing Flyer and American Eagle will be huge improvement but I'd hate to see Main Vein on a Saturday afternoon or opening weekend. Best thing about Copper is the Super B, never a line, and it gets you to the top fast AF.

While I'd miss Jackson, I'll take CB over Aspen, and fuck Steamboat anyway. I really hope this amounts to a big rebalancing of skier traffic this season.
    No offense, but perfect, you and take those 151,999 tards with you please........
    "One Dollar, cheaper than a lift ticket and it lasts forever" Powder Winter 72-73 Issue #1

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Nooo .... You keep all the fucking Texicans.
    We’ve hosted them long enough. WA, WY, UT, MT...your turn!

Quote Originally Posted by Upper View Post
    No offense, but perfect, you and take those 151,999 tards with you please........
    Yeah, it's all just paying to slide down a hill, just pick your spot and pay for it. The less you have to travel the better.

We’ve hosted them long enough. WA, WY, UT, MT...your turn!
    What if we herd them all into Breck and launch it into outer space or something?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Best thing about Copper is the Super B, never a line, and it gets you to the top fast AF.

Shhhhh..........let them all drive to Vail.

Rumors are strong that ABasin will leave the Epic pass next season (19).

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Shhhhh..........let them all drive to Vail.

Rumors are strong that ABasin will leave the Epic pass next season (19).
    I'll believe it when I see it. Been hearing that for years. Considering how focussed they've been on the bottom line the last few years, it seems unlikely that they'd make that change but I can tell you that a lot of locals like myself would probably be happy about it.

But if they start charging for parking, they'd probably do OK. Ugh. I have pretty much the definition of a love hate relationship with that place.

Rumors from who.

I've heard that this is their last year under their current agreement. But they still have a bunch of big projects they want to complete like a new Pali lift. Which they claim they want to keep as a fixed grip double...but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets upgraded. And I have to think they want to upgrade that slow-AF Lenawee now that Norway is gone.

EDIT: I take back upgrading Pali. Apparently a lift of the same uphill capacity and fixed-grip was approved in the 2016 FS plan for the Beavers.