Page 177 of 268 FirstFirst ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

I sent a few Air B&B owners an email that asked what their refund policy was in the event the town or Mountain of Mammoth was shut down prior to or during my 30 day stay in February. Crickets. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    has anyone been able to upload a new pass picture? They said that it would be available by a certain date (it isn't) and also said we'd get an email with instructions (I haven't).
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Lockdown hair?
    Oh, my, I was really just wanting to update my daughter's pic, but if they will accept the pictures I have (I've since cut the hair and trimmed the beard) that would make an awesome pass pic.
    Finally figured this out, and thanks for the post, PNWbrit! I now have a pretty awesome pass picture. I wish they cropped it a little less (to see more of the crazy hair and glorious beard) but this is still better than what I had.

Name:  pnuyw0mnhgwpupam1vib.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  5.6 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Vail's sales figures are readily available at a keystroke? What are they?

I don't think his point was that the guy didn't have permission to give out numbers. Even publicly traded companies don't just give out current sales numbers. And any corporate spokesman, for Vail or Alterra, is going to sound positive regardless of what their real sales or real internal thoughts are.
    http://investors.vailresorts.com/annual-reports

Vail readily gives out plenty of specifics on their sales numbers all the time. They aren't always positive, but yeah sure, they'll put a positive spin on it, that's their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    http://investors.vailresorts.com/annual-reports

Vail readily gives out plenty of specifics on their sales numbers all the time. They aren't always positive, but yeah sure, they'll put a positive spin on it, that's their job.
    Annual reports, produced 6 months after the season ended, are hardly the kind of sales figures being discussed here. For example, even if Vail is completely transparent with those sales (I browsed one report and didn't see specifics, just generalities, but I'll assume they're there), the figures at issue now -- current sales -- won't be available until October 2021. And externally, we'd probably never see the detailed breakdown (by month of purchase, location of buyers etc), just an aggregate.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Annual reports, produced 6 months after the season ended, are hardly the kind of sales figures being discussed here. For example, even if Vail is completely transparent with those sales (I browsed one report and didn't see specifics, just generalities, but I'll assume they're there), the figures at issue now -- current sales -- won't be available until October 2021. And externally, we'd probably never see the detailed breakdown (by month of purchase, location of buyers etc), just an aggregate.
    I'm not a VR cheerleader or anything, but I also don't think that they are as evil as people make them out to be. They do release data like pass sales numbers, ticket sales, lodging numbers, etc throughout the season. Last two seasons, I distinctly remember Vail releasing pass sales data, while Alterra held it back. I was just proposing that it might be because they are not a publicly traded company (AFAIK) that has to release annual reports. But really I'm just guessing, maybe Vail is all full of shit and it's all just part of their plan to take over the world.

^^ This is simply the difference between a public and private company. It doesn't mean anything good / bad in either direction.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ This is simply the difference between a public and private company. It doesn't mean anything good / bad in either direction.
    And that’s my point but someone was complaining that the head honcho at Alterra wasn’t talking specific numbers and this was my guess.

The original point didn't highlight the difference between public and private companies, it was simply that an Alterra spokesperson was painting as rosy a picture as possible, and *you* said that the difference was the public/private thing. It isn't. All corporations do this type of picture painting. Yes, a public corp will eventually have to release lots of numbers (but even there, they don't release all the numbers, such as demographics, timing, etc, because those are proprietary; they simply release numbers like gross sales and revenue).

The fact the Alterra spokesperson painted a rosy picture without releasing sales data has nothing to do with it being a privately held company. It had to do with it being a company, period. VR would do the same thing, and probably has. In fact, public corps in some ways have even more incentive to do spin (share price). It's just that they do at some point have to publicly report certain details (making spin harder). But what VR sales are so far this pre-season is still not public info.

The original point didn't highlight the difference between public and private companies, it was simply that an Alterra spokesperson was painting as rosy a picture as possible, and *you* said that the difference was the public/private thing. It isn't. All corporations do this type of picture painting. Yes, a public corp will eventually have to release lots of numbers (but even there, they don't release all the numbers, such as demographics, timing, etc, because those are proprietary; they simply release numbers like gross sales and revenue).

The fact the Alterra spokesperson painted a rosy picture without releasing sales data has nothing to do with it being a privately held company. It had to do with it being a company, period. VR would do the same thing, and probably has. In fact, public corps in some ways have even more incentive to do spin (share price). It's just that they do at some point have to publicly report certain details (making spin harder). But what VR sales are so far this pre-season is still not public info.
    So now you get it. Cool.

I was chatting with somebody pretty high up at Elan today who has had convos with multiple privately owned resort CEOs/CFOs and they are saying they are looking for the upcoming season. Barring any mandated closures it will be business as "usual". The big changes will be inside with bars/rental areas/food service/ect. He did say that lift lines and chair rides will have to have limited occupancy standards. Im optimistic and have my fingers crossed for some sort of season happening. I did renew my ikon pass after all.

Anyone involved with the ikon pass lawsuit?

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    I was chatting with somebody pretty high up at Elan today who has had convos with multiple privately owned resort CEOs/CFOs and they are saying they are looking for the upcoming season. Barring any mandated closures it will be business as "usual". The big changes will be inside with bars/rental areas/food service/ect. He did say that lift lines and chair rides will have to have limited occupancy standards. Im optimistic and have my fingers crossed for some sort of season happening. I did renew my ikon pass after all.

So, it sounds like everything will be completely different than business as usual. And if the COVID excrement and flu season create a tsunami of infection, then all bets are off. Wear your fricking masks, people!!! (and social distance while you are at it.)
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Pass holders won’t get diddly. The law firm, on the other hand, will get a bunch of billable hours and the lions share of any compensation.

Fucking lawyers. Maggots excluded of course.

I’m getting more nervous. Middle of summer, more states going full mask order. Bars and gyms never opening. Fuck.

Ski areas can Probably open, but the restrictions combined with the winter Flu resurgence forbode limited fun.

No singles line seems more And more likely. Maybe two singles on opposite ends of a quad?

Even so, long slow lift lines like the vail back bowl fiasco could happen on a non powder day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Pass holders won’t get diddly. The law firm, on the other hand, will get a bunch of billable hours and the lions share of any compensation.

Fucking lawyers. Maggots excluded of course.
    class actions suck for individual plaintiffs and can be a cash cow for lawyers. But it's really the only method I can think of to bring claims like these.

I'm starting to think that people will not book early. They will wait it out and see the steps implanted by the resorts. News reports say that the fall and winter are likely to be really bad, as the prospects for a decrease in COVID cases diminishes. Initially, real estate rentals will be way down. Then, either things will heat up fast and the shit show will commence, or it is going to be a v.g. year for locals at their local resort.
    Right now, people are not staying close to home. The restaurants, shops, trails and mountains in and around Park City are teeming with people. If we slip back into orange, no one will travel.

Today, Delta stated that it will sell no middle seat through at least the end of September.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I haven't bought a pass yet. If I earn every turn I make this winter that's fine with me. But I will miss skiing with my boy. If schools are closed I may still buy us passes for some midweek days. I strongly expect skiing at Abasin/Copper/Winter Park/Eldora on the weekend will be something I will want to avoid even more than usual. The kid will definitely be getting a nordic set up for this winter.

class actions suck for individual plaintiffs and can be a cash cow for lawyers. But it's really the only method I can think of to bring claims like these.
    Why bring any claim at all?

The government ordered them closed, on March 15th.

The firm will get a million and every pass holder will get a voucher for a hot chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Why bring any claim at all?

The government ordered them closed, on March 15th.

The firm will get a million and every pass holder will get a voucher for a hot chocolate.
    I totally agree.

But there were plenty of people who were pissed, felt shortchanged, and WANTED to file suit (when they decided the remedies offered by the company were insufficient). Some of them may even post on TGR. Those people can't possibly file individual suits, the only way they will be able to viably make the corporation pay for its "sins" is to be able to file a collective lawsuit. And if they want to do that, why shouldn't a law firm be able to take that on?

Fwiw, class action settlements do have to be approved by the court, so there is some check on the lawyers. But there certainly are many law firms that seek out such opportunities in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I’m getting more nervous. Middle of summer, more states going full mask order. Bars and gyms never opening. Fuck.

Ski areas can Probably open, but the restrictions combined with the winter Flu resurgence forbode limited fun.

No singles line seems more And more likely. Maybe two singles on opposite ends of a quad?

Even so, long slow lift lines like the vail back bowl fiasco could happen on a non powder day.
    I have it on good authority that it will be business as usual this winter. But in the event it's not biz as usual, then we shall see if ski resorts keep the "middle" seats on a quad empty, or if they just go full on American and United Airlines and "book" every seat.

Could be a good marketing opportunity - Ski resort X is only loading two to a quad or 3 to a six pack. God only knows how trams and gondis would operate.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Nope. But it looks like it's still rumbling on at the JP of MDL.

"Law360 (June 17, 2020, 6:43 PM EDT) -- A proposed class of skiers is asking the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation to consolidate in Arkansas seven lawsuits alleging insurance companies wrongfully denied claims for canceled ski trips because of COVID-19, saying that grouping the suits together will prevent inconsistent rulings and duplicated efforts.

The lead plaintiff in one of those suits currently in Arkansas federal court, James Bradley, said there are common facts and allegations among the seven suits that make them ideal for consolidation into multidistrict litigation."
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I have it on good authority .
    Huh?

Why wouldn’t they just remove the gondi glass? Open air.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I have it on good authority that it will be business as usual this winter. But in the event it's not biz as usual, then we shall see if ski resorts keep the "middle" seats on a quad empty, or if they just go full on American and United Airlines and "book" every seat.

Could be a good marketing opportunity - Ski resort X is only loading two to a quad or 3 to a six pack. God only knows how trams and gondis would operate.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Why wouldn’t they just remove the gondi glass? Open air.
    Good idea. I guess we shall see what the ski areas do on that subject.

Ikon Pass

They won’t remove the glass. Just not going to happen.

I do think they may delay opening until Christmas or until they have adequate terrain/lifts to spread out the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I haven't bought a pass yet. If I earn every turn I make this winter that's fine with me. But I will miss skiing with my boy. If schools are closed I may still buy us passes for some midweek days. I strongly expect skiing at Abasin/Copper/Winter Park/Eldora on the weekend will be something I will want to avoid even more than usual. The kid will definitely be getting a nordic set up for this winter.
    If schools close, you may as well just move and get a long term mountainside rental and maximize the pass that you do end up buying.