Page 156 of 171 FirstFirst ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 4262

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Crazy that just a few weeks ago, our biggest gripe was long lift lines. Just let that sink in for and minute.
    Maybe we found a way to fix that?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Yeah, close em all down. Fuck, and I just spent the last few years convincing myself that lift served wasn't that bad. Back to skinning, fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Like I said a few pages ago... in a recession the pow day lines are definitely shorter. It was really noticeable - in Tahoe at least - the last time around. 2009 / 10 / 11 were huge (10/11 is the biggest snowfall year on record still, when Squaw got over 800 inches) and the lines never really got that bad. Frequency of storms helped but it was more than that. And nothing close to recent seasons that have been pretty big snowfall-wise.

Granted, real estate prices were already inflated in NorCal so this area may have been more impacted during 2008 than some other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    There's no benefit to holding out as far as passes, because they always guarantee that the early season buy is the best deal you'll get. So if they lower the price later, they'd have to refund the early purchasers.

No, I don't.
    Itís a whole different world now. Who knows what will happen in terms of pricing.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    I understand this is a shitty situation for everyone that were hoping to get more days out of their pass but I think it's worth keeping in mind what a season pass to some of the resorts use to cost before ikon or epic.
    Iím not complaining as we are trying to avoid apoplectic situations.

That said, my effecting Pass price has increased 100% since Vail bought Kirkwood. No no love. And they increased my KW only Pass price another $50 for next season. Cause they want us all to be Epic. Well, I ainít rich and I donít fly to ski. So, no, I donít recall how expensive it was before cause it used to be really fucking affordable.

I hope Vail takes a huge hit from this and needs to sell off properly. Starting with the resort they reinvest no money in like Kirkwood.

I hear ya Ot. I love Kirkwood and was bummed when Fail bought it as my multi day price went up big time. I would love to ski up there for a season, one of these coming years.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Got an Ikon Pass flyer in the mail last night. I chuckled and threw it in the recycle bin. I've spent a few dollars on a new road bike this spring. Not thinking about skiing these days.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I'm more concerned with there actually being a ski season next winter than what pass to buy and when. Who knows how long this shit is gonna last...

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/...e-to-covid-19/

$180 million is almost real money
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē
    Hunter S. Thompson

Wouldn't it be kinda nice if the big corporate-owned ski areas went Tango Uniform and some local communities picked up the banner and ran them... you know, like local communities.

A man can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    They just write it off, Jerry!

Government bailout coming........

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Wouldn't it be kinda nice if the big corporate-owned ski areas went Tango Uniform and some local communities picked up the banner and ran them... you know, like local communities.

A man can dream, right?
    Had that thought earlier because Vail is tanking as we speak. I'm sure they have some kind of Loyd's of London insurance on their spring break season or something. But what if the Epic dynasty completely collapsed, and was forced to sell all assets from bankruptcy back to the states, counties, towns, or whomever they confiscated them from in the first place. Could be kinda cool. Of course there would be varying levels of success, just like back in the old days.

When do I need to renew by to save the $50?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    When do I need to renew by to save the $50?
    You save $699 by not renewing now.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    /endThread
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē
    Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    /endThread
    ^^^ this ^^^ Do folks really think they won't be incentivizing pass purchases through at least November this year, or that life will return to a facsimile of normal before January?

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-01-2020 at 01:51 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Yeah, no point in renewing now whatsoever.

Agreed, unless Ikon gets serious about helping people.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    hypothetically, what would people need to see from Ikon to give them an incentive to purchase a pass again given what is going on.

No idea. But saving $50 isn't enough for me to pull the credit card out of my wallet at this moment.

^^^ Not even close. There is no guarantee there will be a ski season next winter, is there a guarantee if that does not happen you get your $$$ back?
    Ooof!

Anybody buying now to save $50 is a sucker.

How much have Ikon/Epic sales cratered? My knee jerk thought is about 95% lower than this time last year in terms of total sales.

Yes, but if/when this is over they will be back to normal I would think. Costs of day passes are ridiculous so not much choice if you plan on skiing much.

I asked Sugar Bowl if there would be a refund if no season next year. They said they're thinking about it. Obviously IKON would have said there would be a refund if no next season if they had made the decision so they must be thinking about it too. Which means there might not be a refund. You'd have to be nuts to buy if all they were offering was a credit for the following season (if any of us live that long). I'll wait until we're free and clear of the virus and it looks like there will be a next season. I doubt they are in the financial position to give refunds if next season doesn't happen, and anyway a guarantee from a bankrupt company is worthless.