Page 236 of 268 FirstFirst ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 6693

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    You don't want interlodge, you want a slide closing the LCC road before people in town can get up there and them still opening lifts to ski. Interlodge you are stuck inside watching it snow out the window with the lifts closed.
    one of the greatest ski days i ever had was driving into LCC when two cars ahead of me spun out. I kept the momentum going uphill, narrowly missed both cars pinwheeling around me, white knuckled my way up to the Alta lot and parked the car. Got booted up and on the chair and only then when I looked down at the lot did I see that my car was the last one in the line of parked cars. Yeah, I was that guy that threaded the fukn needle and was the last car that made it through before those two cars blocked the road and they just shut it down for the day. By the third ride up the chair (where you just skied onto the chair with nobody there), the whiteboard said "WELCOME TO A COUNTRY CLUB DAY!"

Everybody should be so lucky to experience that.

Was country clubbing on a huge day skiing with a group I’d never really met before. One of the guys wife was in labor…couldn’t get down so he kept skiing. Great great day

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

That February 2020 country club was an excellent day. 6” of water in like 72 hours. I’ve never skied faster pow. Bluebird, hero snow and we skied on lifts all day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1637790640.409923.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	393899

Gotta love an empty parking lot at 11 pm lol

If you've got the dough to pay for lodging in LCC and don't want this experience I'm not sure what you're doing.

You must have a very large trust fund.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    You don't want interlodge, you want a slide closing the LCC road before people in town can get up there and them still opening lifts to ski. Interlodge you are stuck inside watching it snow out the window with the lifts closed.
    Both of these are true. Generally long interlodge equals a lot of water and very heavy snow. Not epic Alta conditions, but can result in grip it and rip it conditions or totally upside down fucked snow. I’ve certainly been out skiiing during interlodge when it was actually too deep to ski. Imagine straight lining under colllins and barely going downhill because the snow is to deep. Now, a short interlodge or it starts snowing 3+in/hr @ 9. That’s the good. Road closure at 8/9 after most on hill control work is done, you’ve hit the absolute jackpot. Lifts spin road is closed, in the last 20 years I think that’s happened maybe 3 times. And each time was as good as skiing gets.

Edit: tried multi quote and failed, but I’ll stand by what I’ve said.
    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    We got out to Deer Valley early (because we stayed in Park City) and it wasn't too crowded once on the mountain.

And yeah, I think I maybe got Covid then too. It was early February though so I thought it was just the worst flu ever.
    Did you go to High West or The Spur in Old Town? Did you go to a spa for a massage?

All the folks I know in town who work those jobs got COVID that week.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Did you go to High West or The Spur in Old Town? Did you go to a spa for a massage?

All the folks I know in town who work those jobs got COVID that week.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    We went to High West, yes…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You must have a very large trust fund.
    I served fries and cleaned bathrooms so try again.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That's when I was there. Sucked sitting in an hour traffic jam just to ski...Deer Valley.

Pretty sure I got Covid on that trip, too.
    we drove 2 hours staid in pocatelly didnt git coviod
    skied walk on lifts and untracked pebbs pow all weekend kept laughing everytime my bro got another road closed interlodge udot text

sometimes your the slugger or peeler
    bunnies the spud

sometimes it all comes togather
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

What's that I smell?

Anybuddy get the magic words but not cast the spell? I'm looking for help with a late buy-in on behalf of my gf. If you got in on the group buy and got the email from Ott, but didn't pull the trigger and can send me the "email", much appreciated. Being vague to steer clear of any friction with ikon folx. Here's a pic of my gf:
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

All fine, but it's her that needs to be nekkid. You're doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Now we know why it’s not snowing, Ullr is pissed about this improper offering…

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Have you checked the forecast??? Turned around the day I posted that!
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Ikon Pass

Way to go mang, you made Ullr turn ghey (nttiawwt). Now we all gotta start posting dic pics before we go skiing ?

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

It’s aboot time we started getting some offerings and idk- it started snowing here today so maybe ullr is an ullher?

And edit to add that I have no help on the ikon pass
    skid luxury

aboot time she says
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Ullr seems like one of the old ass gods where their gender and the gender of their sex partners doesn’t matter anymore. Just wants some fresh meat

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    ass gods

Long shot, but does anyone have the ability to jam through a (paid) pass upgrade? I was originally planning on staying in Denver and skiing Winter Park/Copper during the holiday blackout period but plans changed. Thanks!
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

Next year don’t be a cheap ass.
    One day here or Jackson is easily worth the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Next year don’t be a cheap ass.
    One day here or Jackson is easily worth the upgrade.
    No. No one should do this. Base passes only.

See you in January Shred…

If anybody knows where to get these stickers I would love to buy some.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Attachment 269527

Solitude (an Ikon resort now) had it's busiest day ever this year.

Snowbird had it's busiest day ever this year.

Last Friday at the bird was the busiest Friday I've ever seen in 30 years of skiing there. Busier than 95% of the most crowded Saturdays I've seen.

Weekends have almost always been busy but manageable, this year however, weekends are a complete fucking shitshow.

Everyone I know that skis Alta says it's the busiest they've ever seen it.

30 minutes from international airport, unlimited cheap places to eat and stay, AltaBird, and unlimited days at Soli make the Wasatch an Ikoners wet dream.

Not to mention the complete fucking shit quality of skiers/boarders zig zagging across the mountain seem to have doubled this year.

FUCK THE IKON PASS!!!!!!!
    Whoopsy forgot to quote the post.

Yeah I've noticed in my travels more intermediate skiers everywhere

The model is changed. Who wouldn't buy a 600/800$ pass. I've been skiing Indy pass areas or rest days on weekends. Sat especially. Let em have it.

Looking forward to remaining focused through late April this season. Now is about the time the typical tourist skier will wane out of the picture. We are now starting the best part of the season.