Page 70 of 108 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2683

Thread: Ikon Pass

Goddamnit, I have the exact same fartbag as Swiss Fambly MoMoSon (wore it to the last BBI, in fact), and I got it at the DI, so go figure. Dang. Mebbe I can get meself a KKK 4 way with Kathryn, Kyla and Kelsey.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I was wrong. I guess I don't know my own kind well enough. That's what I get for hanging around here too much.
    I think the second oldest daughter being a coffee rebel gives it away. Unless the latest mo-mo literature expanded the list of appropriate libations.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Ebay, man EBay! I buy up all the low mileage units from the Midwest. I think I have enough pairs in reserve to get me through to the end of days. I never wore them back in the day... I was a plug boot stick chaser with no toenails back then. Hence the appreciation now.
    I was in the Sports Loft in SLC on Highland, for the uniformed they essentially only sell boots. 80+ year old walks in with five Salomon rear entry boots. As I am standing there I ask him what's the deal? he says he scours EBAY, DI, Goodwills etc and buys them for parts for the boots he uses. Brings them to the Sports Loft and they keep them in the back just for him.

BTW, a close friend who refused to ski in anything other than the SX 91's passed away after a long illness about five years ago. He owned his own business and was well off, money was no object. We always gave him shit about his old rear entry boots to the point that he got testy about it so we dropped it. At the funeral they had his helmet on the casket, ski's propped up, pictures galore of his ski trips etc. I asked his daughter where Chuck's boots are? You got it, she said "he's wearing them".

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    BTW, a close friend who refused to ski in anything other than the SX 91's passed away... At the funeral they had his helmet on the casket, ski's propped up, pictures galore of his ski trips etc. I asked his daughter where Chuck's boots are? You got it, she said "he's wearing them".
    My man! If they were good enough for Schmidt, Hattrup, and Chuck then they're good enough for me. Did I mention comfy and warm?

I had a pair of 91Es the red and white ones with foam injection liners and really liked them. I missed them a few years after I went back to 4 buckle boots. Perhaps my memory of the good old days far exceeds reality but for their time they were awesome.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

I was at Targhee last year and looked down and somebody just took off a pair of red ones that looked basically brand new. I even took a picture, have it somewhere. Stange, he was maybe 45.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Bobo and sfb are grouchy Gus’s.
    My goodness, always so serious.
    I purchased the full boat IKON for next year. Unlimited at Solitude, thinking about spending a couple of months out there, any shops with a Wintersteiger Mercury and a good binding bench in the area? Can I crash at yer place sfb?
    Take a lap, burnouts.
    Lies. No way a shop rat can afford a full pass and taking a few months off in winter. Take a lap for being a shitty troll.

There’s a payment plan, guy. It’s new this year. You should look into it. Cool if I crash at yer place?
    crab in my shoe mouth

X

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    X
    I know where a pair of these exact boots are.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Do any of the resorts on the ikon pass charge for a kid 4 & under? Noticed Ikon sells a $50 pass, but I have never seen a ski area charge for that age. At Big Sky they printed out a free pass last year for the kid. I wouldn't be surprised if Mammoth charged.
    Don’t be a hater.

Mammoth
    Lift Ticket Details
    Kids 4 & Under / Seniors 80+ Ski Free

SX-91s were ok. I had 2-3 pairs.

The Force-9s were a great ski patrolling boot as were the Force-93s. By now I cannot see how the liners would be worth a shit.

Today at the really Big the Tram line was huge. Mostly Ikon passes. Chatted with several of them, they has all come up from JHMR and said the vibe down there was very aggro towards IKON.

^^^And if your kids are cool with it, June is free up to age 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

X
    Other than retro style, what's the appeal for the SX91? I remember my dad had a pair a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

Today at the really Big the Tram line was huge. Mostly Ikon passes. Chatted with several of them, they has all come up from JHMR and said the vibe down there was very aggro towards IKON.
    You know what to do

Aggro bro
    They expect it
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

There's a rumor of a Black Ikon Pass coming that you can skip all the tram/chair lines anywhere. $5K.

How can you tell if someone is using an Ikon pass or not? Isn't it tucked in your pocket and not visible? (that's the case at Squaw / Alpine / Mammoth / and even Niseko).

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Other than retro style, what's the appeal for the SX91? I remember my dad had a pair a long time ago.
    I wouldn't count "retro style" as any type of positive for these boots... most everyone looks at me as if I farted in church when they see me in mine. They are comfortable, they are warm, they are easy to get on and off, and they don't hinder my skiing in any way. I don't ever notice them once up on the hill, even at the end of long days, they just disappear and I can focus on skiing. That's probably the best compliment I can give. Oh, and they are cheap...I paid $27 for my last pair.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    There's a rumor of a Black Ikon Pass coming that you can skip all the tram/chair lines anywhere. $5K.
    Holy crap, JH locals will break out the guns.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3543.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	273419
    first time for everything
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Black ikon is a BBS deal
    https://m.facebook.com/BlackIKONPass/
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

is this a good or bad thing this black ikon? looks like buttflake is gonna get 5 days at my mediocre hill, will he make the destination or waste the chance? we’ll see. and no, i don’t have any couch space, don’t ask.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Holy crap, JH locals will break out the guns.
    I know. For the record though I totally made this up.

They'll find another excuse to shoot a tourist.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Black ikon is a BBS deal
    https://m.facebook.com/BlackIKONPass/
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I know. For the record though I totally made this up.
    not really
    Black Ikon is a real thing
    Don't be rayyciss
    Hunter S. Thompson