Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 173 174 175 176 177 178
Results 4,426 to 4,439 of 4439

Thread: Ikon Pass

I'm going to use my Don King hair photo
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

Ikon Pass

Anyone else feel like expectations are being lowered for the upcoming season?
    First I got an email from deer valley that lessons, child care etc are being delayed until later, now I read Brighton is pausing pass sales until evaluating social distancing etc. I just feel like it’s too calculated with these announcements today.
    All you locals sound like you may have a country club season. I’m jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who says the locals will be able to ride chairs?

Jezuz, if this thing is exploding in hot states right now on the fourth of July, with Fauci talking about 100,000 cases a day soon, how the fuck are ski communities going to open with everyone crammed inside? They were the hotspots in Feb./March.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Ap
    Don't get too jealous. Lines could be horrible with social distance measures. Imagine one person per chair and 6 feet of spacing while waiting in line. I think a lot of experienced locals will skip resort skiing altogether and stick to the backcountry.

Sent from my 1999 Motorola flip phone

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Anyone else feel like expectations are being lowered for the upcoming season?
    First I got an email from deer valley that lessons, child care etc are being delayed until later, now I read Brighton is pausing pass sales until evaluating social distancing etc. I just feel like it’s too calculated with these announcements today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My expectation is that my touring gear has a good chance of carrying the vertical load this season. Going to keep a positive attitude along the way and not just be an Eeyore all summer. With VT being quick with the lockdown trigger picking my home mtn, the bush, could net me a rebate.

Good times were had this spring

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_164449.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	333211
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I will curious how accessible closed resort slopes will be this winter. Mammoth patrol were huge dicks about skinning right after the closure. Not sure how long the policy lasted. Usually they are pretty chill about using the seasonally closed areas at your own risk.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Interesting article on ski pass Covid strategy from Bloomberg.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsl...ave-the-season

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Interesting article on ski pass Covid strategy from Bloomberg
    At Alterra, Gregory says early pass sales are going “shockingly well,” though he declined to give specifics. “It’s become clear,” he said, “that people are really dreaming about going skiing.”

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    At Alterra, Gregory says early pass sales are going “shockingly well,” though he declined to give specifics. “It’s become clear,” he said, “that people are really dreaming about going skiing.”
    Have to say, I’m shocked to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    I mean, what did you expect him to say?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I mean, what did you expect him to say?
    Well, AFAIK, Vail is a publicly traded company who's numbers are readily available at a keystroke, whereas Alterra (I think) is a privately owned company who does not disclose that kind of info without shareholder approval. Just a guess, but I bet he can't just go sprouting off numbers without getting some kind of "Go-ahead".

The article talks about a cutoff date of Dec 10 to postpone your pass, so not exactly up to date, even though it was published today.

Ikon Pass

Yeah. That is just bad reporting. You have until April 11, 2021 to decide if you want to use your pass.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventur...QaAsxnEALw_wcB

https://snowbrains.com/melbourne-aus...k-operations1/

This isn't a good sign for the upcoming winter in North America especially as the US is failing to get infection rates under control