Page 104 of 268 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 6685

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You must be a cool Backcountry skier, because ain't nobody going to be spinning lifts for a generation that's a trillion point five in debt just for school.
    A good chunk of that generation is also making over $100,000 a year before they turn 26 and own million dollar homes by the time they are 30. They are also skiing quite a bit, buying equipment and traveling to ski. Managed debt is really not a big deal. A college education continues to remain one of the highest ROIs out there. I wouldn’t worry too much about it, climate change is a bigger issue for the ski industry. The generation has less kids, more flexible work schedules, and will ski and spend their money on skiing differently than previous generations. We are naturally open to traveling to multiple resorts a season for 3-5 days. The traditional season of skiing at your local mountain every weekend, with one-three family trips for 3-7 family vacations is changing. How the ski experience industry adapts to this will be interesting to see.

Dude, the priorities soon will be schools with books and computers, clean water, bridges that don't fall down, and paved roads. Something as frivolous as an operating ski hill will be hard to find.
    Just imagine the competitive advantage it will give some communities...

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    A good chunk of that generation is also making over $100,000 a year before they turn 26 and own million dollar homes by the time they are 30.
    [Citation needed]

Counter cite: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...al-households/

"More Millennial households are in poverty than households headed by any other generation."

A-Basin added 3 days at Monarch. Nothing else in the works in sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    [Citation needed]

Counter cite: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...al-households/

"More Millennial households are in poverty than households headed by any other generation."
    Um, yeah. What world do some people live in to think that "a good chunk" of young people are doing that well? (Oh wait, this is TGR, sorry) The small minority who are probably have little time to ski.

The real chuckle is owning a million dollar house at 30. 100k doesn't support that note at all.
    Live Free or Die

No “note” needed. Just save every bit of your $100,000 salary for 10 years and you have the $1 million need for the $1 million house. It’s just that simple......

Um, yeah. What world do some people live in to think that "a good chunk" of young people are doing that well? (Oh wait, this is TGR, sorry) The small minority who are probably have little time to ski.
    I parked next to a 20 something Chinese guy driving a brand new DB11 this morning.

He's probably still deciding on Stevens or Crystal/Epic or Ikon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    A-Basin added 3 days at Monarch. Nothing else in the works in sounds like.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    No “note” needed. Just save every bit of your $100,000 salary for 10 years and you have the $1 million need for the $1 million house. It’s just that simple......
    You forget about the bank of mom and dad.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Nice!
    Wait. Where are all the Monarch locals pulling their hair out?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    A good chunk of that generation is also making over $100,000 a year before they turn 26 and own million dollar homes by the time they are 30.
    Lol. Sorry to dogpile but this individual you know I’d likely put in the top .5% of all earners in their generation and are a childless couple.

I’m 30 and my combined household income income would rank in the top 10% in the usa of my generation ~(100k combined annually). Housing, medical, and student loans (daycare too) is where all the money goes.

On my Facebook/insta the only people taking non dirt bagging trips all come from family money.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wait. Where are all the Monarch locals pulling their hair out?
    I know that you're just trying to be snarky, but there's nothing new about this arrangement. For a few years now, the smaller mountains have offered a few days to season pass holders of other small mountains. Monarch isn't offering 3 days to Ikon, just to AB season pass holders. And in return, I can only assume Monarch gets the same benefit at AB.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Monarch pass gets you 3 days at each:
    Abasin, Loveland, Cooper, Copper, Sunlight, Purgatory, Powderhorn, and a bunch others

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Monarch pass gets you 3 days at each:
    Abasin, Loveland, Cooper, Copper, Sunlight, Purgatory, Powderhorn, and a bunch others
    Here’s hoping that Silverton throws in some unguided days.

Isn't Copper Ikon?

Look at them playing both sides of the field.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Isn't Copper Ikon?

Yup. Copper is a whore.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Isn't Copper Ikon?

Yep, and their Copper-only pass is actually a good deal.

They're on the ikon pass as a full participant (ie unlimited days) but they're not owned by Alterra.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I know that you're just trying to be snarky, but there's nothing new about this arrangement. For a few years now, the smaller mountains have offered a few days to season pass holders of other small mountains. Monarch isn't offering 3 days to Ikon, just to AB season pass holders. And in return, I can only assume Monarch gets the same benefit at AB.
    Taos’ pass usually gets you 3 at Monarch, and vice versa. A-Basin too. But quit pissing on Bunny’s localism. The guy’s salty af.

Has the majority of the skiing consumer buying power ever really accounted for more than the wealthiest 3-5% of Americans? No. Yes, there are a shit ton of terribly poor folks in my generation; those folks were never in danger of buying an ikon pass. Just because student loan debt crippling a generation is a fun story line doesn’t mean it’s inclusive of the whole generation.
    My point is, contrary to Benny’s generalization, there is plenty of buying power for skiing in Millennials; there is also a willingness to travel often. Less have kids to tie up their finances and anchor them home on weekends. Come hang out in Seattle, Boston, Denver, Austin and other growing cities. There are a fuck ton of 25-35 yo dinks with plenty of excess income and enough free time to get into skiing; even if it means flying to a new ski area every other weekend. Personally I think Vail and Alterra have recognized this upcoming change in how the skiing demographic is going to want to spend their time and money. They generally don’t want to be tied to one ski area.
    Last edited by XavierD; 08-09-2019 at 04:46 AM.

Plenty of high school students around here [northeast ski community] without family money that will be getting a virtually debt free college education that will result in a good paying job and have a family that skis.

I will say that a majority of these kids move west.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

They ain't getting those good paying jobs in Vermont.

You must be a cool Backcountry skier, because ain't nobody going to be spinning lifts for a generation that's a trillion point five in debt just for school.
    Tell that to all the millennials that have and continue to move into the Front Range.....I think there is a sign at the state line now that says you must buy a ski pass and a mountain bike.

Friends selling their house in Redmond for 1.4M were told they needed to re-stage to better attract the 30-35 demographic who would be the potential buyers.

They are renting out their xtal parking pass too.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by steadieflow View Post
    Tell that to all the millennials that have and continue to move into the Front Range.....I think there is a sign at the state line now that says you must buy a ski pass and a mountain bike.
    And then they are required to bitch about trail maintenance and traffic.