Page 128 of 268 FirstFirst ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 6685

Thread: Ikon Pass

A little story about ikon passes: Yesterday skiing with uglymoney and east or bust at Taos, we were getting scanned at a lift by a really cute little blond liftie. She was all business looking down at the passes and scanned the other two guys’ ikon passes, but when she got to my regular local Taos pass she did a double take, looked up at me and gave a big smile and said “hi!”

Lifties profiling on ikon passes...

Hell of a story, bro.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    A little story about ikon passes: Yesterday skiing with uglymoney and east or bust at Taos, we were getting scanned at a lift by a really cute little blond liftie. She was all business looking down at the passes and scanned the other two guys’ ikon passes, but when she got to my regular local Taos pass she did a double take, looked up at me and gave a big smile and said “hi!”

Lifties profiling on ikon passes...
    This is a pretty unscientific observation. The local pass probably didn't hurt but it was also one good looking genteel skier and two stinking, ugly (speaking for myself) Ikonic dudes who had been sleeping in our cars and farting on our ski pants all week. Of course you got the smile

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Hell of a story, bro.
    The teacher must have called for Unfunny Dick's opinion and right on cue here you are.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Hell of a story, bro.
    Have anything to say about ikon passes that isn’t kind of stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    This is a pretty unscientific observation. The local pass probably didn't hurt but it was also one good looking genteel skier and two stinking, ugly (speaking for myself) Ikonic dudes who had been sleeping in our cars and farting on our ski pants all week. Of course you got the smile
    Hey, I saw what I saw. But that was undeservedly kind...and undeservedly self deprecating.

I'm super stoked! Got my envelope full of IKON swag in the mail today! A key chain. A bumper sticker ("All friends on a powder day"--I don't think that's right is it?) , a window sticker, a couple of postcards--big ones--and sheet of little sticker figures I can use to customize one of the post cards, a cloth patch--iron on maybe?, assorted other stickers. I only wish I had enough places to put all this stuff. I'm headed down to the garage right now to get started.

BTW--I actually saw an IKON sticker on a car today. At Sugar Bowl.
    Last edited by old goat; 01-28-2020 at 11:03 PM.

^^^ say wha'?
    Getting yours kinda late aren't you?
    My buddy Miqy reckons we should mail all that crap back to them. Make a point about the environment and what not...
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    FWIW...was crowded at AlpineMeadows but the lines weren't bad after the am rush cleared.
    Yeah, because it's all tracked out in a half hour!!!...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170124_115546.jpeg 
Views:	154 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	312823

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Wasn't me... but I have both an Ikon pass and a Sugar Bowl pass. But let's not talk about Sugar Bowl... it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Wasn't me... but I have both an Ikon pass and a Sugar Bowl pass. But let's not talk about Sugar Bowl... it sucks.
    Yeah--if it was any good maybe more people would ski there.
    As far as the swag--they probably mailed it in May but the Truckee post office being what it is . . . . (Actually I ordered my pass the last day they were selling them; wasn't sure I was going to be skiing this season.)

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    FWIW... at Sugarloaf, Maine a Boyne owned resort and Ikon Pass member last Thursday:

Walk up day rate ticket was $105.
    Online the night before day rate ticket was $89.
    My Ikon visit day rate ticket appears to have been $46.

I was a bit baffled when the nice old lady at the ticket counter handed me the receipt with what I can only assume discloses the rate that Ikon will re-imburse Boyne for my day of skiing.
    Thx for sharing. We all wondered in the beginning at what rate they got reimbursed.

I wonder if it changes for each user as they consume too many days.
    If you hit all 5 at the loaf they get $230. If you used another five at Kmart they get $230?
    And so on. Pretty easy for ikon corporate to lose money that way.

However not everyone skis that much. Hell you can justify the ikon pass just by skiing at one resort vs the day ticket prices.

As for the loaf getting an extra $46 ain’t bad

Went there last weekend for the first time and spent the lift ticket “savings” on a sweet ski in ski out lodging. So Boyne resorts won bigly on me
    . . .

I'm super stoked! Got my envelope full of IKON swag in the mail today! A key chain. A bumper sticker ("All friends on a powder day"--I don't think that's right is it?) , a window sticker, a couple of postcards--big ones--and sheet of little sticker figures I can use to customize one of the post cards, a cloth patch--iron on maybe?, assorted other stickers. I only wish I had enough places to put all this stuff. I'm headed down to the garage right now to get started.

So goat we have received 7 of those packets for 3 passes.

Seems they would have been better off sending everyone a single goggle lens protector, that way everyone on the shuttle would have a big IKON on their forehead.

Or a poly knock gaiter.

Something most people would bother using because it improves the skier experience.

My kid has been warned to not put an ikon sticker anywhere someone may see it outside of Santa Cruz.

Is that guy at Sugarbowl hoping for deflated tires? Or maybe that is why he is at Sugarbowl. Can’t take that car around the corner safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Thx for sharing. We all wondered in the beginning at what rate they got reimbursed.

I wonder if it changes for each user as they consume too many days.
    If you hit all 5 at the loaf they get $230. If you used another five at Kmart they get $230?
    And so on. Pretty easy for ikon corporate to lose money that way.

However not everyone skis that much. Hell you can justify the ikon pass just by skiing at one resort vs the day ticket prices.

As for the loaf getting an extra $46 ain’t bad

Went there last weekend for the first time and spent the lift ticket “savings” on a sweet ski in ski out lodging. So Boyne resorts won bigly on me

That's pretty crazy they only get $46/day. I don't even look at those receipts, but I should. I wonder if its the same at the other Boyne resorts.

The loaf this weekend was awesome. Bit of a rain crust on Sunday AM but once it warmed up and got minced it was soft and fun.

I live in Portland, ME so I do my 5 days at SR + SL and then usually 1-2 trips out west a year. Ikon is the best choice for me bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    So goat we have received 7 of those packets for 3 passes.

Seems they would have been better off sending everyone a single goggle lens protector, that way everyone on the shuttle would have a big IKON on their forehead.

Or a poly knock gaiter.

Something most people would bother using because it improves the skier experience.

My kid has been warned to not put an ikon sticker anywhere someone may see it outside of Santa Cruz.

Is that guy at Sugarbowl hoping for deflated tires? Or maybe that is why he is at Sugarbowl. Can’t take that car around the corner safely.
    A food voucher would have been nice
    Anf if anyone can figure out what the Squalpine GM drives and where he parks maybe the North Tahoe Truckee locals can cover all the windows with IKON stickers.

Is it safe to assume that if you want to ride on a blackout day there is no discount for base pass holders? Just realizing I'm going to be visiting during a blackout period. Works out on some other levels, but SMH at how Valentine's day warrants a blackout.

Because they love you. Kisses.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Because they love you. Kisses.
    If it were Vail, not Asssspen I'd try and sweet talk you into guiding me on a little tour. I'll probably just Nordic ski unless my travelling partner wants to skin up Burnt Mountain or something. Can't bring my self to pay over 100 bucks to ski Snowmass.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    If it were Vail, not Asssspen I'd try and sweet talk you into guiding me on a little tour. I'll probably just Nordic ski unless my travelling partner wants to skin up Burnt Mountain or something. Can't bring my self to pay over 100 bucks to ski Snowmass.
    Crack a couple laps with the lady up Richmond Ridge and get laid. Ski pow, pop a prosecco (Prosecco has lighter, frothy bubbles that don’t last as long. Still, the aromas in Prosecco smell fabulous. Fine bottles of Prosecco offer up aromas of tropical fruits, banana cream, hazelnut, vanilla, and honeycomb.), grab some supermarket sushi, some cheap brie and crackers, and sleep in the back seat folded down. Easy livin. Seriously.

Enjoy life.

Did I type that, bore. Well, it's up to you son. Full on. Go forward. 11 is your favorite number. You can't get preggo if it's frozen.

That, bare repeating, for the sentiment that this shit still can very much happen, and it damn sure should. Everyone who is not banned, has your back.

Pics of course.

I suggest Rolland Hanna. A Child Is Born is a starter to get her in, then go to the heaver stuff. Google it. Have a time and a memory that you will never forget. I trust that that is already planted. Enjoy those moments. Every one second, even the hiccups.

BTW, if you are serious and want some good date worthy nordic day objectives, please feel free to pm me. Or if you want some gnar, same same. Or if you want a wine recco, same. It's all the same. It's about sharing the love. Getyousome.

Here, play this on the way up. If it fails, it ain't me, and it doesn't even matter if you just sit in a park, have an intimate snack and hold hands:

Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 01-30-2020 at 06:08 AM.

The Nordic trails are awesome, but you could just skin up to the Knob, from the village.
    Hit all the good terrain working your way East, then take the free shuttle back from Two Creeks.

^^ This works. Don't forget the music, cheese, lots of cheeze, and keep her warm.

You got this.

I appreciate the offer Makers Tele and the suggestion ShredHead. Makers I'll probably reach out to you when we get a little closer to the dates.

Speaking of, I wish is was a hot V-day date, but it's actually a good friend. We haven't gotten a chance to talk and put all the pieces together yet.

It seems I will be locked out of lift access over the weekend, so I very well might go poking around Castle Creek / Richmond Hill or over by Snowmass Village. Gotta do some homework and make a plan.

Is it safe to assume that if you want to ride on a blackout day there is no discount for base pass holders? Just realizing I'm going to be visiting during a blackout period. Works out on some other levels, but SMH at how Valentine's day warrants a blackout.
    Valentines Day is not blackout.

The next two days (15,16) are Presidents weekend and are blackout which should not come as a surprise.

And pretty sure they offer you a discount if you buy a ticket. on a blackout day. Can’t seem to confirm with the webs but I think it is either 25 or 50% off window price.

I appreciate the offer Makers Tele and the suggestion ShredHead. Makers I'll probably reach out to you when we get a little closer to the dates.

Speaking of, I wish is was a hot V-day date, but it's actually a good friend. We haven't gotten a chance to talk and put all the pieces together yet.

It seems I will be locked out of lift access over the weekend, so I very well might go poking around Castle Creek / Richmond Hill or over by Snowmass Village. Gotta do some homework and make a plan.
    People are just a capsule for a soul. If you find one that meshes, take the ride.

No discounts on blackout dates afaik. Copper isn't blacked out and it isn't that far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 friends from Maine left yesterday. They got a damn good deal on airfare from Portland to Bozone, had IKON passes, stayed with me 4 nights and another buddy 4 nights. Skied 5 days at Big Sky on IKON, 2 days at BB that they paid for, spent money in some shops, went to Yellowstone, took me out for a nice dinner and bkfst and had a great time.

The didn't stand around mouths agape or impede the flow of either mountain and were a joy to ski with. Met 2 other friends of theirs who were also in town on the dreaded passes. They stayed in Big Sky were fun to hang with and left me a nice blunt.

OTOH I had some interactions with some "Locals" who strafed me on a cat track yelling to get out of their way. We had words I was ready to drop one of them but they decided they were assholes and beat it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Snowmass is terrible. It will be the usual shit show on Presidents day weekend. All four mountains have been really bad this year. Shitty snow and a million Ikoners. Even on weekday powder days.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I'm not sure but it probably doesn't even matter....just buy whatever discounted advance rate you can get online. It will almost definitely be cheaper than 25% off the ridiculously inflated window price you would get with the Ikon. In my experience, ski with a buddy tickets are useless unless you are stuck paying window otherwise.
    Last edited by Shaaarrrp; 01-30-2020 at 09:55 AM.