Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3052

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    WTF is an interlodge?

Sounds like I want one.
    If youíre with your wife or significant other itís a great time to get busy and pass the time until they drop the chains on the doors and you have about an hour head start to lap the Collins chair before the crowds show up.
    If youíre with your ski buds skip the first part Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	301118

sorry this might be buried in the thread, but if I use a day at Alta, and then go through the gate to Mineral Basin to Snowbird, is that still one day? Do I have to pay the $38?

WTF is an interlodge?
    [Shakes head in a combination of disgust and shame.]
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

WTF is an interlodge?

Sounds like I want one.

I'll take two, Please.

Yo Pluffen - it's when the only road up to the AltaBird closes for Avy danger/slideage and the peeps staying at the ski area lodging get to make laps as soon as it opens but before the masses get to drive up. That's an outsider, neverhadit summary. Feel free to correct that, SLC mags.
    I suspect Interlodge is Unique to LCC at least in the lower 48.

It's a grail to wish/hope for. I bet a handful here have experienced it, gots to be powski heaven.

~~~~~~~~~

Soli Parking pass is $150, DAMN.

My JH pass for the Ranch lot, (AKA the Boondocks) is $575 w/10 blackout days. $675 for no blackout; The All lot pass is $1350/$1150 Blackout.

On the blackout days I just park in the one hour parking right in front of the tram, before the masses show up. Hang out in line for a while, then recruit 2 peeps to jump in the rig, drive out to the lot, park for free w/3 as a 'carpool'. Then we ride the shuttle back to the tram. Usually less than 300 paces all in and it's easy to get takers when I offer them a safety meeting before we get back.
    Met some cool tourists that way. Kinda blows their mind; and I am a chronic overloader...heh.

^ Thats some crazy shit, the parking fee.
    We donít have that at Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    ^ Thats some crazy shit, the parking fee.
    We donít have that at Silver.
    Yeah, FKNA right it's crazy.
    But after 12 years of poaching the shite outta all the 1 hr parking spots, I decided to work a few extra days and just pay the fucking Man.

Der Parking Fuhrer and I had an understanding that so long as I moved the car in a timely fashion, he'd keep his SS off my back. They nicknamed my Pathy so they could ID it over the radio and save themselves an earful from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I'll take two, Please.

Yo Pluffen - it's when the only road up to the AltaBird closes for Avy danger/slideage and the peeps staying at the ski area lodging get to make laps as soon as it opens but before the masses get to drive up. That's an outsider, neverhadit summary. Feel free to correct that, SLC mags.
    I suspect Interlodge is Unique to LCC at least in the lower 48.
    Happened occasionally at my long time home hill, Stevens Pass. West side of the pass would close. Sometimes would result in an entire morning with the chill eastern folk and no hoards from Seattle. Had a 30" day like that. Still have memories of that one.

And paid parking, WTF! And they wonder why the sport isn't growing...

Schweitzer has paid parking in the upper lot.

Silverton gets snowed in several times a winter, but the road from town to SM closes rarely (they helibomb it).
    It's not quite as exclusive as Altabird interlodge though.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

The Interlodge at altabird is really something special. Iíve caught it a couple times on some big snow days. Ghost town for many many laps.

Too lazy to read all 122 pages... how late can I buy the Ikon pass?

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    sorry this might be buried in the thread, but if I use a day at Alta, and then go through the gate to Mineral Basin to Snowbird, is that still one day? Do I have to pay the $38?
    You have to scan your pass to go through the Mineral gate, and I think you have to already have the $38 Bird ticket purchased and on the pass from the Alta base area. You canít do it at that checkpoint.

Honestly, just ski Alta, then ski the Bird on another day. $38 is better spent on beers than trying to wrap your head around quality runs in all that terrain.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Pick Alta or Snowbird for the day - either has ample terrain. The ability to cross between them is a marketing thing, but not really useful.

And I think one Ikon day gets you one or the other, but not both. Not sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

You can ski both alta bird in one Ikon day.

https://www.pugski.com/threads/alta-...t.13731/page-4

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Keyhole before 3:30 is a fun run and free drop.

Pretty sure Ikon days are Alta/Bird combined, so you can pass through the gates as you want.

And it is more than a novelty, particularly when certain terrain is open or when certain lifts open after a storm. But I'm not going to spew my crowd avoidance strategy all over the internet

Just ski Keyhole over to the Bird. Better terrain, no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Pick Alta or Snowbird for the day - either has ample terrain. The ability to cross between them is a marketing thing, but not really useful.

And I think one Ikon day gets you one or the other, but not both. Not sure though.
    Its very useful when you are on the MC and chose your bonus 3rd day for use at Alta, but then your significant other wants to snowboard... Its still only $38 to upgrade the MC comp ticket to an Altabird ticket.

I used MC in the past and a single MC day covered both Alta and Snowbird. I didn't know that about Ikon.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Pretty sure Ikon days are Alta/Bird combined, so you can pass through the gates as you want.

And it is more than a novelty, particularly when certain terrain is open or when certain lifts open after a storm. But I'm not going to spew my crowd avoidance strategy all over the internet
    Yup, it's usually the other way ... you're at the 'Bird, visibility sucks, and you want to get in the trees, so you head to Alta for great trees.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 11-07-2019 at 08:14 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Alta sucks. Donít go there. I hear Deer Valley has nice groomers.

Ikon sucks up the bush......

https://liftblog.com/2019/11/13/alte...arbush-resort/

That will be the end of the cheap ass mid week Boomer pass. That’s too bad. That was one of the best deals going right now.

Woohoo!!!!1!1!

How is the powder there? I only ski powder.

So no unlimited access? Is that what they did in other acquisitions?

Sugarbush Resort Ikon Pass access will remain the same for winter 2019/2020, with 7-day access on the Ikon Pass and 5-days access with blackouts on the Ikon Base Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Alta sucks. Don’t go there. I hear Deer Valley has nice groomers.
    Hell yeah brother, thanks for doing your part to keep Alta a secret