Page 80 of 268 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 6685

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Denver and it's local mtns are country bumpkins compared to the Alps. Winter Park being one of those poor little hills.

Best ski lunch in this lifetime for me so far....$24 including the beer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DE657CB2-7A54-4F8C-ABA2-585531169CCA.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	688.6 KB 
ID:	275164

Winning. Damn that looks fine

First time anything on a glass plate has ever looked appetizing on TGR.

Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

I don't want to burst your bubble... but that's wine.

Yeah, the wine weren’t mine though. The girlfriend is the quiche eatin’ wino, not me. Red meat, taters and beers for me....

<snip> Red meat, and beers
    This is blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Ironically, the route that you take is probably one that a lot of locals will choose - which will, to our Ikon overlords, be proof that it's working and people love it (even the BS locals!) and be likely to insure that Ikon continues after the initial contract expires.

Yeah, but if that's really the case, then won't that actually end up hurting all these local's home mountain more than helping? Since many would-be season pass holders won't be buying expensive season passes anymore...

How can that be a good thing for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I have to call bullshit on that. Most of the IKON passholders I have chatted with made their decisions based upon conditions and have a flexible lifestyle that allows them the freedom to go where they want and when they want.

Factor in that today our seasons pass prices were rolled out. About a 14% increase IF you buy early season, up to $1492 from $ 1337 last season. No IKON consideration and if I want to ski MC areas I can do so at 50% discount, big fucking deal.

My response will be to buy the Mon.-Thursday pass and a full IKON pass. I also have that flexibility and the home mountain will just have to make less off of me than they already do.

Ikon + Open Snow App = Powder Chaser.

Yeah, there is something very seductive to the average person about being able to chase storms. 8,000 miles on my car in the past two months!

I've put in just over 40 days on the slopes since January. So far, 3 out of 4 days have been powder days, the rest have been residual powder days, with only a couple hard pack days.

I hit most of the major storms this season at one resort or another. Before this year, you'd be hard pressed to find many people who could claim that; now it's commonplace.

And to sound like an even bigger asshole, gotta admit, after 30 big powder days in a mere two months, I get salty just thinking about skiing hard pack again. Powder be addictive.

So yeah, I'll be doing Ikon again next year, coupled with a mid-week pass at Alta. All this running around has shown me the value of having an awesome home mountain, to complement the storm chasing.

Just got back to the East coast, and even though I swore I'd never waste my money skiing here again, I'm heading up to Vermont tomorrow to catch a decent size storm promising 4-8" of fluff. Yeah, I caught the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post
    Ikon + Open Snow App = Powder Chaser.

Yeah, there is something very seductive to the average person about being able to chase storms. 8,000 miles on my car in the past two months!

I've put in just over 40 days on the slopes since January. So far, 3 out of 4 days have been powder days, the rest have been residual powder days, with only a couple hard pack days.

I hit most of the major storms this season at one resort or another. Before this year, you'd be hard pressed to find many people who could claim that; now it's commonplace.

And to sound like an even bigger asshole, gotta admit, after 30 big powder days in a mere two months, I get salty just thinking about skiing hard pack again. Powder be addictive.

So yeah, I'll be doing Ikon again next year, coupled with a mid-week pass at Alta. All this running around has shown me the value of having an awesome home mountain, to complement the storm chasing.

Just got back to the East coast, and even though I swore I'd never waste my money skiing here again, I'm heading up to Vermont tomorrow to catch a decent size storm promising 4-8" of fluff. Yeah, I caught the bug.

Damn! And so cheap! $24 at Vail gets you a slice of pizza and a view of hundreds of gapes sitting in a lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    I'm glad that you show the intelligence to understand economic Dynamics as evidenced in the first paragraph. Which makes your second paragraph perplexing. In all the debate over Ikon and MC passes the only hard data that we have put out there are figures from the resort managents. Despite the questioning of these figure, they are the only ones we have and as such must be accepted as valid. I was attempting to provide the only hard data that I have. Maybe now that we are at the tail end of the season, other Ikon / MC user can provide some of their own data and reasons for their skiing choices. I did not include any travel budget figures because those costs are incurred whether I buy a resort day pass or use a Ikon / MC. I didn't travel to get my cost down. That's what it worked out to. Most MC usage was at a few resorts - JH (8), Alta (4), Snowbird (4), and Snowbasin (3) with a quick side trip to Aspen, Colorado so I could resupply. This was all on one extended safari not multiple trips. So as far as carbon footprint goes; are you driving up every weekend from Santa Cruz to Kirkwood to use your season pass? Anybody that is not touring from their back door and spouting carbon footprint is being hypocritical. You say you use air travel elsewhere. I suppose that being in food service management makes you an expert on quality food or at least cafeteria food anyway. I still maintain that quality food can be had at any major N.A. resort. You did not provide any that do not. Dude! Hard facts and data.
    Try a paragraph break and I might try to read your crap. Otherwise, bye bye. And, no, I don't ski every weekend.

And did you research me? So charming. Get a life dude.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    For you, so far.

Not so for others - day ticket purchases, Ikonic areas who don't give benefits to their season pass purchasers, those that enjoy quieter slopes....

Join or die isn't necessarily a good business model for the resorts or consumers. Neither is a duopoly.

How long do you think this "you get more for less" sales pitch can carry on? How long until independents are driven out of business? how long until one of the big players goes under and drags down dozens of resorts with it.

This is all going to end badly.
    This guy is kind of the new bunny.

are we still complaining about that ski family?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    If Bunny is still Bunny, how can there be a new Bunny?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You need to try and keep up with the conversation.

And on a personal level go fuck yourself with a rusty hacksaw blade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Been there, done that. No result.

Quote Originally Posted by soyboy80 View Post
    are we still complaining about that ski family?
    That has moved to the Tahoe thread.

Hey, I'm an Ikon fan. Works for me. Screw the whiney locals. Get a job.

And there it is. In a few years, you’ll be the one complaining about the ikoners. It is just epic redux.

I thought you were a yurp local now.

I Am an Ikoner, and proud of it.

Ikoners Rule and Locals Drool!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

That looks like Chez Vrony...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I Am an Ikoner, and proud of it.
    And good for you and the other Ikoners for getting out and having fun. In a sport that is considered to be dying, getting more butts in chairlifts is important. Maybe it'll suck for the small local hills eventually, but maybe not.

But he's eating better these days.

Holy shmoly! At most US resorts, $24 might get you half of a week old hot dog and a partly crushed bag of chips. Perhaps a fountain soda if you're lucky.