Page 114 of 266 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 6644

Thread: Ikon Pass

OK, I got one, the basic. With always in style blackouts.
    I'll scrape your pow with true gomerific elan.

Aspen maybe in January 27-29.
    Maybe a pass through SLC in mid-late January and again in early February.

Then there's spring break, April 3-11 with da fam somewhere.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Buster, if you come anywhere near the front range I owe you a beer or two.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Thanks, man. Who knows, maybe WP is in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Buster, if you come anywhere near the front range I owe you a beer or two.
    Careful Buster, dude will buy you a White Claw and try to convince you to ski Eldora.

Anyone else notice a significant rise in lodging costs? Sheesh, 50-100% increases.

SnoPark pass is still $25/yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Anyone else notice a significant rise in lodging costs? Sheesh, 50-100% increases.
    yep. resort-owned lodging properties have got to make up the lost revenue from their cannibalized multi-day lift ticket sales, and non-resort properties are expecting more crowds than ever. lodging price increases have been pretty significant at many destinations.

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    yep. resort-owned lodging properties have got to make up the lost revenue from their cannibalized multi-day lift ticket sales, and non-resort properties are expecting more crowds than ever. lodging price increases have been pretty significant at many destinations.
    Prices in Aspen at independently owned places have gone from $150-200/night last year up to $200-300+/night this year.

Show me a $250/night place would ya? I need a place to stay for a weekend in feb. I’m seeing $378 as the lowest.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Show me a $250/night place would ya? I need a place to stay for a weekend in feb. I’m seeing $378 as the lowest.
    Oh, they're just pricing out the riff raff to make room for more well to do Texans and understated N00 Yawkahs.

Behind the dumpster at Safeway is free.
    Room for the whole family.
    Free food, too.
    Walk to lifts and
    Private toilet inside said dumpster...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Air B&B/VRBO will get a boost from that trend which will further exacerbate housing shortages and employee happiness will skyrocket.

A win all the way around.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Pass price goes up 10/17

Huge 50% off deal some people scooped today. Posted on Colorado Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Facebook Group. Lots of drama, hope some folks scooped it before they deactivated!

Links:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/COBa...3420642638267/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ikonpass/co..._college_code/

Wouldn't be surprised if they check everyone that was bought through that. Or just cancel them. A bunch of pass owners that paid full price gonna be pissed if they find out potentially hundreds of people got 50% off w/o a valid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if they check everyone that was bought through that. Or just cancel them. A bunch of pass owners that paid full price gonna be pissed if they find out potentially hundreds of people got 50% off w/o a valid reason.
    Say what? Not pissing people off ain't one to the requirements to running a sale. I know nothing about that Facebook Group. What do you mean by "check everyone"?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Say what? Not pissing people off ain't one to the requirements to running a sale. I know nothing about that Facebook Group. What do you mean by "check everyone"?
    They didn't "run a sale". A discount code for college kids got leaked out to the general public. A lot of non-college people used it. Some of Ikon/Alterras reps have already said they will require verification to pick up the pass (valid college ID, current enrollment etc). People are banking on that not happening.

Imagine being an Ikon pass holder, and you found out a bunch of people just got it for 1/2 price after you bought their advertised "lowest price". You're out several hundred dollars because of your loyalty to buy early? Good way to burn people.

I just logged on and bought my Ikon pass for zero dollars as part of the Aspen deal. Probably won't even us it, but you never know I guess.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I don't have to imagine, I am that person. Shit happens all the time, you pay full price then see the same thing on sale 50% a week later. Life goes on.

I just looked at reddit for the first time. I now feel retarded. I have no idea about the particulars of the coupon code or the applicable fraud laws. I think it is awesome that Little Freddie Freeride is triggered by the lack of fairness in the consumer product world. Almost as awesome as the class action suit. I'm sure there is a closet industry of attorneys taking mom and dads money because Powder Polly thinks the world ain't fair.

They didn't "run a sale". A discount code for college kids got leaked out to the general public. A lot of non-college people used it. Some of Ikon/Alterras reps have already said they will require verification to pick up the pass (valid college ID, current enrollment etc). People are banking on that not happening.

Imagine being an Ikon pass holder, and you found out a bunch of people just got it for 1/2 price after you bought their advertised "lowest price". You're out several hundred dollars because of your loyalty to buy early? Good way to burn people.
    I think legally they can't rescind the purchase because there were no strings attached to the purchase itself. The coupon was public, whether it was an accident or not. Though I am not a lawyer. We shall wait and see, but I AM a college student so I'm not too worried. Scored a deal today!

But I agree this is BS by Ikon and it's stupid that they offer these "under the covers" deals at events around the country. I hate this kind of business operation.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I think legally they can't rescind the purchase because there were no strings attached to the purchase itself. The coupon was public, whether it was an accident or not. Though I am not a lawyer. We shall wait and see, but I AM a college student so I'm not too worried. Scored a deal today!

But I agree this is BS by Ikon and it's stupid that they offer these "under the covers" deals at events around the country. I hate this kind of business operation.
    Legal smeagle.

Pricing errors happen all the time across a wide range of industries. Consumers typically get screwed. Corporations win.

You'll learn that in college.

Legal smeagle.

Pricing errors happen all the time across a wide range of industries. Consumers typically get screwed. Corporations win.

You'll learn that in college.
    They can just cancel the purchase and blame a pricing error. Happens all the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Yeah, the notion that they're legally obligated to honor that price is absurd. Whether they do or not remains to be seen.

As for the issue of early pass purchasers being pissed, they might have grounds to object under false advertising (which is more serious than foggy's "the little guy gets screwed, deal with it"). That is, if ikon guaranteed the lowest pass price in advertising. However, the fact that this wasn't intended for the general public and was instead intended to be for college students, and that they shut it down when the "general public" purchasers were discovered, seems to make that a losing argument, even if they honor the few purchases that went through.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You don't pick it up. They send it to you.

And the Ikon people are probably pretty happy with the volume. It's a marketing company.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You don't pick it up. They send it to you.

And the Ikon people are probably pretty happy with the volume. It's a marketing company.
    DING DING DING. Everyone made a ton of revenue today on people that were on the fence (like me). It barely will affect the bottom line of the ski resorts (actually it will affect it positively by extra amenity sales) and obviously affects Ikon zero.