Page 88 of 268 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Does the Ikon Base give any summer discounts for Winter Park’s lift accessed MTB?
    No. Same deal with Epic and various places. If they were smart they’d charge a bit more for a combo pass.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

i feel like it's the death of the industry.

totally into it.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    No. Same deal with Epic and various places. If they were smart they’d charge a bit more for a combo pass.
    With an Epic, you get discounted bike haul at Vail.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post

Not to cunt up the Jackson thread.
    It’s not like long lift lines there is a new phenomena.
    I first skied there in 78 and it was a 6 box wait at 9am.

If you remember back then you bought a lift ticket and tram passes were $2 apiece extra. First # (don't remember exactly how many) of trams in the morning were by reservation. Miss your tram and you went to the back of the line. Ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    With an Epic, you get discounted bike haul at Vail.
    For Tahoe, back when I used to get the Epic, if they said something like "pay $150 more for lift served MTB at Northstar too" i would totally have done it, but no way am I buying a lift served MTB pass for $350 or whatever it is. I like to earn my turns but it would be cool to use a handful of times during the summer. And I'm also not likely to drop $80 on a day pass more than maybe once.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    For Tahoe, back when I used to get the Epic, if they said something like "pay $150 more for lift served MTB at Northstar too" i would totally have done it, but no way am I buying a lift served MTB pass for $350 or whatever it is. I like to earn my turns but it would be cool to use a handful of times during the summer. And I'm also not likely to drop $80 on a day pass more than maybe once.
    I like earning my riding too but a handful of lift served days is awesome. My skill level jumps every time I spend a whole day at Trestle.

Anyway, it doesn’t sounds like they’ve added anything to the Ikon.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The Ikon pass really is taking it to the locals. Lines at the tram, gapers traversing all over, terrible traffic in the Cottonwood canyons.

The latest anecdotal evidence that I’ve heard is even more insult to injury. Ikoners are, from a couple stories that I heard, banging the local chicks, as if those lines weren’t long enough. A friend of a friend went to Jackson and scored with a local hottie after dancing with her at the Cowboy Bar. She told him about the “odds are good but the goods are odd” thing and how local girls are tuning into the ikoners who have real jobs in big cities and viable financial futures.

Another story that I heard is a Big Sky hookup started as a pair up on a Big Couloir run after they met in the tram line. She’s now coming to D town to look for a job and apt and continue the relationship.

Man you locals gotta get rid of this Ikon thing, it’s ruining your whole life.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ha! This has been going on forever, but I can see the new twist in the angst.

Last edited by byates1; 04-05-2019 at 11:13 PM. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Ditto, at least while we are open.
    I would like to go ski Squaw and Mammoth late season.

Not to cunt up the Jackson thread.
    It’s not like long lift lines there is a new phenomena.
    I first skied there in 78 and it was a 6 box wait at 9am.
    I went back years later during a huge powder cycle. Dave Miller hooked me up with a group of locals, that hired guides just to cut lift lines.
    Literally every guide there was booked by locals @ $125pp.
    yea..and having cali in the same zone as Utah is silly .. the lot is full of Cali plates at Soli, now that spring is here
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

So the real solution is for Epic and Ikon to merge, Epikon?

Oar just buy both.

A number of Ikonic friends are going back to Gapic next year. Wonder if that’s trending.

Those passes attract a rough element.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Those passes attract a moranic element.
    FIFY. Munity, yos.

Interesting development it seems. JH says that if you buy their season pass before Dec '19 you get a free Ikon base pass. That at least seems fair. Won't change the lines and grumbling too much, but one of the arguments I heard in the Tram line in JH was why couldn't they at least use the Ikon benefits and go down and ski Alta/ Bird or any of the other Ikon resorts.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Interesting development it seems. JH says that if you buy their season pass before Dec '19 you get a free Ikon base pass. That at least seems fair. Won't change the lines and grumbling too much, but one of the arguments I heard in the Tram line in JH was why couldn't they at least use the Ikon benefits and go down and ski Alta/ Bird or any of the other Ikon resorts.
    Same thing for Aspen.

So that's pretty cool for the guys in Jackson and Aspen, but what about us in SLC that want those same benefits? Would be nice to be able to chase the snow with all my midwestern friends but I aint about to buy a ikon just for a trip or two (on top of my bird pass).

Quote Originally Posted by boardtodeath View Post
    So that's pretty cool for the guys in Jackson and Aspen, but what about us in SLC that want those same benefits? Would be nice to be able to chase the snow with all my midwestern friends but I aint about to buy a ikon just for a trip or two (on top of my bird pass).
    Yup. Although on the other hand a Jackson pass is ~1500 and they are already closed. Can't wait to tell everyone from Jackson to go home when they invade next April.

I heard a rumor that the Alta-Bird pass will include some sort of Ikon benefits but it was just that, a rumor. Alta and Snowbird both have their pass info for next year up already but no info on the combo pass which strikes me as odd.

Yeah, I am gonna reup my pass in the next week or two and I would imagine if they were going to do this, they'd already be mentioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    a Jackson pass is ~1500 .
    And for reference an aspen pass for next year is $1899 but we're still skiiing (this year at least)

I will concede many but by no means all locals get a discount through their employer but still......

I wrote Snowbird and asked them if we would be getting the same deal Jackson and Aspen got, negatory. Please write them and let them know your displeasure, they won't know if nobody complains.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I wrote Snowbird and asked them if we would be getting the same deal Jackson and Aspen got, negatory. Please write them and let them know your displeasure, they won't know if nobody complains.
    Yep. Planning to pen letters to the Bird and Alta.

Write letters and raise holy hell on social media (sometimes facebook, twitter, instagram get better results than old fashioned letters/email).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The crybaby social media generation....

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    The crybaby social media generation....
    totally. but it is amazing how it gets results. I was having problems with my insurance company, complaint letter and talking to a supervisor got me nowhere, but a friend suggested I complain on facebook, and within minutes I was getting results. Letters tell them who you feel, social media posts tell the world how you feel. And get piggyback responses.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy