Page 204 of 208 FirstFirst ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 5199

Thread: Ikon Pass

Car camping at Mammoth is always an option. Not sure if that is your cup of tea, but very easy to do with the forest land.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Car camping at Mammoth is always an option. Not sure if that is your cup of tea, but very easy to do with the forest land.

I'm totally fine with it. I've got my 4runner set up to sleep in the back and I've camped in it probably 80-100 nights this year already. Problem is that with my new job, I need internet access and a desk, as I have video meetings all day and need two monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    I'm totally fine with it. I've got my 4runner set up to sleep in the back and I've camped in it probably 80-100 nights this year already. Problem is that with my new job, I need internet access and a desk, as I have video meetings all day and need two monitors.
    They have a hostel in mammoth. Not sure how theyíre running it.

Is there even any snow there tho?

Thatís what Iím trying to find out. But Cant do a hostel with my dog, most likely.

Ikon Pass

Thatís what Iím trying to find out. But Cant do a hostel with my dog, most likely.
    SLC will also be a pain with a dog unless you board him during the day or find a place to stay down in the valley.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    SLC will also be a pain with a dog unless you board him during the day or find a place to stay down in the valley.

SLC is actually where I've been able to find the most places that are reasonably priced that I can have a dog, but that's all staying in the city, not in the canyons.

SLC is actually where I've been able to find the most places that are reasonably priced that I can have a dog, but that's all staying in the city, not in the canyons.
    That's because dogs aren't allowed in the canyons, period.

I've stayed with my pup at the La Quinta, near the interstate, pretty cheap and decent (was a few years ago). But not a place I'd want to stay for a long time.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

I've stayed with my pup at the La Quinta, near the interstate, pretty cheap and decent (was a few years ago). But not a place I'd want to stay for a long time.
    I know that. That's not what I meant. I've stayed in enough motels this year since I lost my apartment. I'm pretty over it.

anyway. I'm not asking for advice on lodging. just wondering what mountains on the Ikon pass are open and skiing well right now.

I was just saying skiing in SLC can be a pain logistically if you're used to bringing your dog along in the car during the day was all.

Skiing wise, you could go use a few of your brighton days. Alta is probably skiing a little better, but I'd agree on saving those days for later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

For the most part. Possible to get a dog tag if you live up there. We lived in Big for a couple years and had a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I was just saying skiing in SLC can be a pain logistically if you're used to bringing your dog along in the car during the day was all.

Skiing wise, you could go use a few of your brighton days. Alta is probably skiing a little better, but I'd agree on saving those days for later in the year.

oh. gotcha. Yeah, I've skied alta and bird before, I know about the dog thing. I would just leave her at the airbnb or whatever.

thanks. I'll probably save SLC for when solitude is actually open and there's more snow in general.

:)

Hi there!

I just moved to Colorado for the year, and I am looking to get an IKON pass. A local friend suggested I post on here to see if anyone had a code. I realize I am very late on this but appreciate any tips you can give. I am a very broke law student.

Quote Originally Posted by riley1394 View Post
    Hi there!

I just moved to Colorado for the year, and I am looking to get an IKON pass. A local friend suggested I post on here to see if anyone had a code. I realize I am very late on this but appreciate any tips you can give. I am a very broke law student.
    You can probably get a student discount. I've done it as a PhD student.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

I think IKON has a generic student discount, itís someplace on the webpage but IIRC they donít make it easy to find. Better discounts if your school has a ski club, they get better codes.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Has anyone tried going to resorts without reservations? Tried looking on website today to make reservations for Big Sky and Jackson Hole and every single weekend day is fully booked for January and February. Given I paid for a pass without "blackout dates" I wonder how this can even be legal. Both resorts are selling day tickets on all those dates so clearly not about Covid. I am inclined to just show up without a reservation given I am literally unable to ski a single day otherwise... Has anyone brought this up?

And here we go.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by jwe View Post
    Has anyone tried going to resorts without reservations? Tried looking on website today to make reservations for Big Sky and Jackson Hole and every single weekend day is fully booked for January and February. Given I paid for a pass without "blackout dates" I wonder how this can even be legal. Both resorts are selling day tickets on all those dates so clearly not about Covid. I am inclined to just show up without a reservation given I am literally unable to ski a single day otherwise... Has anyone brought this up?
    Have you thought about skiing on weekdays?

Maybe some slots will open up closer to any planned trips. Or maybe the COVID shuts things down before then. Which is why I'm trying to get as much skiing in before that possibility happens.

Good luck.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Wait, you have to make a reservation to use an Ikon pass? I was under the impression you just show up and go straight to the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Wait, you have to make a reservation to use an Ikon pass? I was under the impression you just show up and go straight to the lift.

Lol, just looked it up. Not necessary for my hills...yet.

Not necessary at Alterra core areas--the ones with unlimited days. Necessary at some non core areas--the ones with a limited number of days on IKON pass.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Not necessary at Alterra core areas--the ones with unlimited days.
    This is incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Not necessary at Alterra core areas--the ones with unlimited days. Necessary at some non core areas--the ones with a limited number of days on IKON pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    This is incorrect.
    Yeah, OG is wrong. Around here, you need a reservation for Eldora and I think for Copper, and Winter Park just announced a reservation system. All 3 are unlimited/no blackouts on the Ikon Base.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Copper is parking reservations, right? Like Killington?

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die