Page 115 of 124 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3097

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    The best place I ever skied was the one that had fresh pow.

All time every time.
    My buddy always says, any hill with a foot of fresh is great.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by dump View Post
    Skiing JH last year after the big dump and there were moose walking around the lower runs. Ski patrol had to direct idiot skiers away. The moose win
    I can't remember if it was Steamboat or CB but I saw the same thing a couple years ago.

Ikon Pass

^^^ Same at Breck the past few seasons. Fucking tourons.

OK, I got one, the basic. With always in style blackouts.
    I'll scrape your pow with true gomerific elan.

Aspen maybe in January 27-29.
    Maybe a pass through SLC in mid-late January and again in early February.

Then there's spring break, April 3-11 with da fam somewhere.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Buster, if you come anywhere near the front range I owe you a beer or two.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Thanks, man. Who knows, maybe WP is in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Buster, if you come anywhere near the front range I owe you a beer or two.
    Careful Buster, dude will buy you a White Claw and try to convince you to ski Eldora.

Anyone else notice a significant rise in lodging costs? Sheesh, 50-100% increases.

SnoPark pass is still $25/yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Anyone else notice a significant rise in lodging costs? Sheesh, 50-100% increases.
    yep. resort-owned lodging properties have got to make up the lost revenue from their cannibalized multi-day lift ticket sales, and non-resort properties are expecting more crowds than ever. lodging price increases have been pretty significant at many destinations.

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    yep. resort-owned lodging properties have got to make up the lost revenue from their cannibalized multi-day lift ticket sales, and non-resort properties are expecting more crowds than ever. lodging price increases have been pretty significant at many destinations.
    Prices in Aspen at independently owned places have gone from $150-200/night last year up to $200-300+/night this year.

Show me a $250/night place would ya? I need a place to stay for a weekend in feb. Iím seeing $378 as the lowest.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Show me a $250/night place would ya? I need a place to stay for a weekend in feb. I’m seeing $378 as the lowest.
    Oh, they're just pricing out the riff raff to make room for more well to do Texans and understated N00 Yawkahs.

Behind the dumpster at Safeway is free.
    Room for the whole family.
    Free food, too.
    Walk to lifts and
    Private toilet inside said dumpster...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Air B&B/VRBO will get a boost from that trend which will further exacerbate housing shortages and employee happiness will skyrocket.

A win all the way around.
    Ooof!

Pass price goes up 10/17

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Huge 50% off deal some people scooped today. Posted on Colorado Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Facebook Group. Lots of drama, hope some folks scooped it before they deactivated!

Links:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/COBa...3420642638267/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ikonpass/co..._college_code/

Wouldn't be surprised if they check everyone that was bought through that. Or just cancel them. A bunch of pass owners that paid full price gonna be pissed if they find out potentially hundreds of people got 50% off w/o a valid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if they check everyone that was bought through that. Or just cancel them. A bunch of pass owners that paid full price gonna be pissed if they find out potentially hundreds of people got 50% off w/o a valid reason.
    Say what? Not pissing people off ain't one to the requirements to running a sale. I know nothing about that Facebook Group. What do you mean by "check everyone"?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Say what? Not pissing people off ain't one to the requirements to running a sale. I know nothing about that Facebook Group. What do you mean by "check everyone"?
    They didn't "run a sale". A discount code for college kids got leaked out to the general public. A lot of non-college people used it. Some of Ikon/Alterras reps have already said they will require verification to pick up the pass (valid college ID, current enrollment etc). People are banking on that not happening.

Imagine being an Ikon pass holder, and you found out a bunch of people just got it for 1/2 price after you bought their advertised "lowest price". You're out several hundred dollars because of your loyalty to buy early? Good way to burn people.

I just logged on and bought my Ikon pass for zero dollars as part of the Aspen deal. Probably won't even us it, but you never know I guess.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I don't have to imagine, I am that person. Shit happens all the time, you pay full price then see the same thing on sale 50% a week later. Life goes on.

I just looked at reddit for the first time. I now feel retarded. I have no idea about the particulars of the coupon code or the applicable fraud laws. I think it is awesome that Little Freddie Freeride is triggered by the lack of fairness in the consumer product world. Almost as awesome as the class action suit. I'm sure there is a closet industry of attorneys taking mom and dads money because Powder Polly thinks the world ain't fair.

They didn't "run a sale". A discount code for college kids got leaked out to the general public. A lot of non-college people used it. Some of Ikon/Alterras reps have already said they will require verification to pick up the pass (valid college ID, current enrollment etc). People are banking on that not happening.

Imagine being an Ikon pass holder, and you found out a bunch of people just got it for 1/2 price after you bought their advertised "lowest price". You're out several hundred dollars because of your loyalty to buy early? Good way to burn people.
    I think legally they can't rescind the purchase because there were no strings attached to the purchase itself. The coupon was public, whether it was an accident or not. Though I am not a lawyer. We shall wait and see, but I AM a college student so I'm not too worried. Scored a deal today!

But I agree this is BS by Ikon and it's stupid that they offer these "under the covers" deals at events around the country. I hate this kind of business operation.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I think legally they can't rescind the purchase because there were no strings attached to the purchase itself. The coupon was public, whether it was an accident or not. Though I am not a lawyer. We shall wait and see, but I AM a college student so I'm not too worried. Scored a deal today!

But I agree this is BS by Ikon and it's stupid that they offer these "under the covers" deals at events around the country. I hate this kind of business operation.
    Legal smeagle.

Pricing errors happen all the time across a wide range of industries. Consumers typically get screwed. Corporations win.

You'll learn that in college.

Legal smeagle.

Pricing errors happen all the time across a wide range of industries. Consumers typically get screwed. Corporations win.

You'll learn that in college.
    They can just cancel the purchase and blame a pricing error. Happens all the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk