Page 171 of 178 FirstFirst ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 4431

Thread: Ikon Pass

That’s all well and good, but the coronavirus may not be a respiratory illness. It may be a vascular disease.

https://elemental.medium.com/amp/p/2c4032481ab2

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    That’s all well and good, but the coronavirus may not be a respiratory illness. It may be a vascular disease.

https://elemental.medium.com/amp/p/2c4032481ab2
    That's pretty damn interesting.

An aspirin a day and we should be good.

Yeah dudes, that's what I'm sayin'.

By the time winter rolls around we'll have figured something out that will significantly alter the severity of this illness. It'll still be around, sure, and we may all be wearing stupid masks on the lifts, but we'll be skiing.

If this were an episode of a medical TV show, we would be like in the middle when people are still getting sick and the grumpy veteran doctor has tried seemingly everything - but now he sees a kid throwing rocks at a can or something and totally changes his perspective. The next few months are the end where he figures some shit out and tries this new idea despite being told he's crazy, and bam it works and corona goes running back to whatever wet market it came from. Celebrations at the bar, all is well again. Then a drone shot of a tractor trailer in the mexican jungle, closing in on the back, goes inside, and we see cages of bats, chickens, pigs, and dogs all stacked on top of each other, and then a dead animal with foam coming out of its' mouth at the bottom. Fade to black.

yall gotta try this weed.

You'll need one of these to get on a chair lift. Bonus, the altitude won't be a big deal. Just that big O2 tank on your back.

Name:  O2 images.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  6.8 KB
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Yeah dudes, that's what I'm sayin'.

By the time winter rolls around we'll have figured something out that will significantly alter the severity of this illness. It'll still be around, sure, and we may all be wearing stupid masks on the lifts, but we'll be skiing.

If this were an episode of a medical TV show, we would be like in the middle when people are still getting sick and the grumpy veteran doctor has tried seemingly everything - but now he sees a kid throwing rocks at a can or something and totally changes his perspective. The next few months are the end where he figures some shit out and tries this new idea despite being told he's crazy, and bam it works and corona goes running back to whatever wet market it came from. Celebrations at the bar, all is well again. Then a drone shot of a tractor trailer in the mexican jungle, closing in on the back, goes inside, and we see cages of bats, chickens, pigs, and dogs all stacked on top of each other, and then a dead animal with foam coming out of its' mouth at the bottom. Fade to black.

yall gotta try this weed.
    lol. What's it called?

Life

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

I don't understand why Ikon hasn't caved and matched Epic's guarantee. I would buy my pass if they did, but as is I am willing to wait things out at the risk of paying an extra $50-100 later. I suspect there are a LOT of people like me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't understand why Ikon hasn't caved and matched Epic's guarantee. I would buy my pass if they did, but as is I am willing to wait things out at the risk of paying an extra $50-100 later. I suspect there are a LOT of people like me.
    Yup, I view any price bump as an insurance premium, although as it stands now, I'm going to have a difficult time convincing my wife to let me ride lifts next year. That's a whole 'nuther subject.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Iím still holding out too.

New England pass which is Sugarloaf Sunday River guarantee 150 days of skiing. That's part of Ikon (Boyne) so wondering if Ikon does that?
    Would that make you happy? New England has a shorter season than CO etc. So not sure if 150 days is enough?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Nothing in the ski industry is ever as it seems or is being made out to be - unless you were just buried in an avalanche.

Same. Iíll take my chances.

NEW INFO

ZERO-DAY CREDIT

Ikon Pass holders will have the option to defer the purchase price of their unused 20/21 Ikon Pass to a 21/22 Ikon Pass using the new Zero-Day Credit. NEW: they can make this decision anytime until April 11, 2021, no questions asked. The Zero-Day Credit applies to any 20/21 Ikon Pass, Ikon Base Pass, Ikon Base Plus Pass or Ikon Session Pass 4-Day.

ADDED ASSURANCE DUE TO POSSIBLE COVID-19 CLOSURES

Should any eligible Ikon Pass destination close due to COVID-19 between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, Ikon Pass holders will receive a proportional credit towards any 21/22 Ikon Pass purchase. There is no fee to participate. More information on how credits are awarded and applied to a future purchase can be found on https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance-program . Subject to the programís terms and conditions.

We have extended the deadline for the group pricing for purchases through 9/1/2020. Renewal pricing and the child discount are still subject to the 6/16 deadline and should purchase in advance of the deadline.

Not sure if there will be a pricing change to Group after 6/16. But Renewal Pricing and Child Discount will END ON 6/16. If you are applying these discounts, you need to purchase prior to then. OTOH, if you miss the deadline, shot me a PM for Group Pricing. Even if you are Renewing, shot me a PM. Sharing some data will help a maggot or more out come this winter. Details in the PM. We are 2/3 of the way toward being able to help a mag (not me, btw) out this year. If you are renewing, send me a PM and help us get over the top.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance-program

-20/21 Ikon Pass holders can select One Eligible Destination or All Destinations as their Adventure Assurance destination.
    One Eligible Destination selections include Steamboat, Winter Park, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort, Stratton, Sugarbush Resort, Snowshoe, Crystal Mountain, Solitude Mountain Resort, Tremblant, and Blue Mountain, provided no closure announcement has been made prior to October 1, 2020. In the event an Ikon Pass holder has already selected a destination that makes any closure announcement prior to October 1, 2020, that destination will no longer be an eligible destination and the pass holder will be required to select a new eligible destination or All Destinations. Failure to select a new eligible destination by October 1, 2020 will automatically default to All Destinations.
    All Destinations includes all North American Ikon Pass destinations except CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures.

-All 20/21 Ikon Pass holder accounts will automatically be set to All Destinations as their selection for eligibility to receive COVID-19 credits. A pass holder wanting to designate One Eligible Destination must choose their destination between September 10, 2020 and October 1, 2020. A One Eligible Destination selection is final and cannot be changed, provided however that if a 20/21 Ikon Pass holder’s previously selected One Eligible Destination issues a closure announcement for any reason whatsoever prior to October 1, 2020, the pass holder will be required to select a new eligible destination or All Destinations. Failure to select a new eligible destination by October 1, 2020 will automatically default to All Destinations.

-If a 20/21 Ikon Pass holder selects One Eligible Destination as their Adventure Assurance destination and that Ikon Pass destination closes due to COVID-19 for at least 7 consecutive full days or 21 or more total full days between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, the pass holder will receive a proportional credit of the actual purchase price paid for their used 20/21 pass to be used toward the purchase of a 21/22 Ikon Pass product. Once this initial threshold is met, the actual credit a pass holder will receive for their used 20/21 Ikon Pass will be based on the percentage of days your selected One Eligible Destination is closed due to COVID-19 during that 123 day period (between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021).

-If a 20/21 Ikon Pass holder selects All Destinations as their Adventure Assurance destination and if any North American Ikon Pass destination remains closed due to COVID-19 for at least one full day between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, the 20/21 Ikon Pass holder will receive a proportional credit of the actual purchase price paid for their used pass toward the purchase of a 21/22 Ikon Pass product. The actual credit a pass holder will receive for their used 20/21 Ikon Pass will be calculated based on the number of days any North American Ikon Pass destinations are closed due to COVID-19 during that 123 day period (between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021) divided by the total number of possible days at all North American Ikon Pass destinations during that 123 day period (between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021).
    At the bottom if their Adventure Assurance page: Stay tuned to this page in the coming weeks for more information on the Adventure Assurance program.

Ikon Pass

I was told there would be no maths.

Ikon Pass

Holy complicated lawyerized terms there.

Time to break out the venn diagrams

Something that complicated means no improvement.

IMO
    Ď

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Dude, you will never see improvement. The whole world is fucked.

Seriously, you have until April 11th to decide if you want to use your pass. How much fucking more do you want? Free skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Dude, you will never see improvement. The whole world is fucked.

Seriously, you have until April 11th to decide if you want to use your pass. How much fucking more do you want? Free skiing?
    Its that simple to a simpleton isnt it?

What kind of moron are you to suggest that I should pay thousands and then not ski until April. Thats bullshit.

Explain to me what happens if I ski once at eldora and all the resorts shut down? How much do I get back?

What if Copper shuts down announced in October and I had it as Destination and then ski once and everywhere shuts down?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

For selfish reasons I still wish they would extend upcoming June deadline. Despite that, this is a definite improvement IMO. They provided examples of what potential credits could look like. IK_AAexampleschart_English_1_.pdf
    Last edited by CaliKid; 06-04-2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: can't seem to get attachment to load inline

break out the old calculus text book

Vets is online now Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    NEW INFO

ZERO-DAY CREDIT

Ikon Pass holders will have the option to defer the purchase price of their unused 20/21 Ikon Pass to a 21/22 Ikon Pass using the new Zero-Day Credit. NEW: they can make this decision anytime until April 11, 2021, no questions asked. The Zero-Day Credit applies to any 20/21 Ikon Pass, Ikon Base Pass, Ikon Base Plus Pass or Ikon Session Pass 4-Day.

ADDED ASSURANCE DUE TO POSSIBLE COVID-19 CLOSURES

Should any eligible Ikon Pass destination close due to COVID-19 between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, Ikon Pass holders will receive a proportional credit towards any 21/22 Ikon Pass purchase. There is no fee to participate. More information on how credits are awarded and applied to a future purchase can be found on https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance-program . Subject to the program’s terms and conditions.

We have extended the deadline for the group pricing for purchases through 9/1/2020. Renewal pricing and the child discount are still subject to the 6/16 deadline and should purchase in advance of the deadline.

Not sure if there will be a pricing change to Group after 6/16. But Renewal Pricing and Child Discount will END ON 6/16. If you are applying these discounts, you need to purchase prior to then. OTOH, if you miss the deadline, shot me a PM for Group Pricing. Even if you are Renewing, shot me a PM. Sharing some data will help a maggot or more out come this winter. Details in the PM. We are 2/3 of the way toward being able to help a mag (not me, btw) out this year. If you are renewing, send me a PM and help us get over the top.

Iím almost glad I am unemployed. I donít suffer all the emotional angst of whether or when to buy a pass.

Almost. Rather have a job.

Hell yeah, Ikon finally gets it: zero-days-used 19/20 passes are being rolled over to next season. Just got the email. No idea what they're doing for those who only got in a few days.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 06-10-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Its that simple to a simpleton isnt it?

What kind of moron are you to suggest that I should pay thousands and then not ski until April. Thats bullshit.

Explain to me what happens if I ski once at eldora and all the resorts shut down? How much do I get back?

What if Copper shuts down announced in October and I had it as Destination and then ski once and everywhere shuts down?

To keep it simple, if all the resorts shut down after being open 10 days you will get 113/123 of your purchase credited to next year.

(123-x)/123=credit. X is the number of days open.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Hell yeah, Ikon finally gets it right: zero-days-used 19/20 passes are being rolled over to next season. Just got the email.
    I got no such email - where is this worded?

Still not good enough for me. They have to institute what Epic has offered - a percentage off based on use of 19/20 pass. And there's no concrete number for how much they will credit for 21/22 if you use it one or three days in 20/21.