Page 58 of 119 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2955

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Ok so I have to say I was completely joking about all of that but not surprised they are trying to bump it forward and at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if they go further. How can the consumers push back? Seems like we're fairly well trapped. If they made you pay $1200 all up front in February there's a lot of people that would. Totally disgusting. Can't we just enjoy the current season?
    You have until sometime in April to buy at this rate, which isn't different than previous years, don't think. And this year they're offering a payment plan unlike last year. So the sky isn't really falling (at least not rapidly).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

First they lull you into complacency.

Adding the free spring skiing makes early purchase worth it for some, I didn't get one last year hoping they would include spring this year for 2020 pass. Still thinking MC might be a better option for me, hopefully that gets announced soon.

Valid point there. I guess I'm still bitter about last season the worst in recorded history when vail said in March, hey Rideski we know you had an awesome season cause you got x number of days!! which was one of my lowest numbers ever, and asked for my money for the following year.

Its good to see that IKONation is living up to their rep as difficult to please whiners.

You ain't never gonna get more skiing for less money. Buy the pass, manage the crowds. Smile. Be a welcome guest while in vacation. Learn now to carry your skis in the tram line. Don't stop on traverses. Lanyard on the outside.

Trump has an Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    No Arapahoe Basin thank you lord
    I really want to see how the scene over there shakes out if they stay independent....c'mon NO Ikon.
    I used to hike 2 hours for 10 minutes of turns on 207 gs skis, without needing “skins” or “hike mode.” Tell me again how I’m a gaper.
    -mikdes26

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    First they lull you into complacency.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    I really want to see how the scene over there shakes out if they stay independent....c'mon NO Ikon.
    Although it would be cool, they are still beholden to maximising profits for their corporate overlords so I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Although it would be cool, they are still beholden to maximising profits for their corporate overlords so I doubt it.
    This is what escapes people, Ski Areas are in the business of maximizing revenue, they have come up with a new method.

I am over bitching about it and now I go out of my way to be nice to our new buddies.

What corporation?

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What corporation?
    https://www.bloomberg.com/profiles/c...l-partners-llc
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Hmm....I never knew. Those smart private equity guys have to figure out more parking. Tough one.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

KSL doesn't own A-Basin, Dundee Resort Development does, a subsidiary of Dream Corp....
    https://www.dream.ca/
    I used to hike 2 hours for 10 minutes of turns on 207 gs skis, without needing “skins” or “hike mode.” Tell me again how I’m a gaper.
    -mikdes26

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    KSL doesn't own A-Basin, Dundee Resort Development does, a subsidiary of Dream Corp....
    https://www.dream.ca/
    But they do own Alterra and the whole Ikon pass business?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I was focusing in on Abasin.

Still somebody has to invent more parking. Doubtful.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Are you serious?
    I have barely started using mine. For me, it is a Spring pass, required because someone at Vailwood has a head up an ass somewhere.
    Two Springs seasons on one pass.
    Plus Mammoth in July. It was paid off last year in two weekends.
    Surely you are joking.
    My brother visited me coming from Europe and he got an IKON Base pass he only used for ~3 weeks. It's probaby pretty rare but there are situations out there so might as well ask.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    But they do own Alterra and the whole Ikon pass business?
    60%
    Henry Crown & Co. 40%

Your ikon pass does not ensure you will ski if resort is over sold or lot is full. They already got your money they don’t claim you will actually ski. You get to go to these resorts and see them. Nice
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

2018/2019 (24/32)

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    This is what escapes people, Ski Areas are in the business of maximizing revenue, they have come up with a new method.

I am over bitching about it and now I go out of my way to be nice to our new buddies.
    Just like how cable companies such as comcast oversell their capabilities (bandwidth) to maximize short term profit, even when their infrastructure can literally not support everyone using the service at the speeds they have paid for, it is possible for other industries to oversell their capacity for short term gain. This may lead to people taking their business elsewhere, meaning that long term it may not be a winning strategy.

In the USA we seem incapable of looking beyond the next couple quarters or years, so this isn't surprising, but I wish we still lived in an era in which businesses focused first on their long term profitability and viability instead of trying to maximize profit RIGHT NOW GO GO GO

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Your ikon pass does not ensure you will ski if resort is over sold or lot is full. They already got your money they don’t claim you will actually ski. You get to go to these resorts and see them. Nice
    Just like any other season pass since forever?

I think you are a Bird local right? You guys in LCC are great at not carpooling and not taking the bus. I know it sucks and I know it is not how it used to be but we are inventing new and different ways to complain.

If you try to get to any resort at 10:30 on a Saturday, you are doing it wrong and shouldn't be disappointed if you get shitty or no parking. But if you just go back to town, grab some breakfast and give it another shot around 12:30 you'll roll right in. That's just how it is. You can't expect the world to conform to your expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    They're working on that, obviously. We got surprises well into the summer last year. Crystal full season was added in July?
    that one confused and ticked off a few southern resort@crystal pass holders. probably the end of late spring/early summer ski ops as we knew it. soon as they shut down skiing, the tourists will pay cash to ride the gondy round trip some without ever touching snow.

If you try to get to any resort at 10:30 on a Saturday, you are doing it wrong and shouldn't be disappointed if you get shitty or no parking. But if you just go back to town, grab some breakfast and give it another shot around 12:30 you'll roll right in. That's just how it is. You can't expect the world to conform to your expectations.
    I don't know if you have been up LCC lately but it has reached it's own special type of retarded. As in it might take you as long to go Sandy>Alta as it does to go Lakewood>Vail. And then you get there and there is no parking. I know 20+ year passholders who certainly know what's up. The only was they do it on the weekends is leave downtown by 6:30 drive up to the bird at use there $250+ parking pass, ski all day and then hang out in the P Dog until the traffic is done. You Colorado Traffic Management Techniques will not work there.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Its good to see that IKONation is living up to their rep as difficult to please whiners.

You ain't never gonna get more skiing for less money. Buy the pass, manage the crowds. Smile. Be a welcome guest while in vacation. Learn now to carry your skis in the tram line. Don't stop on traverses. Lanyard on the outside.
    And realize that skiing with a group of 6 people of varying abilities is a terrible idea which just results in a shitload of lost people standing directly in front of or even IN the maze. If you are waiting for someone you wait off to the side outside of the maze. This is just common courtesy.