Page 55 of 268 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    2 years paid up front and you get a $37 discount.
    Ha. Perfect. Though a little deeper discount than I expected.

Just dawned on me that these multi pass companies should move from a set quantity at certain mountains, you know, five and seven days, and offer midweek holiday restricted passes instead, or at least many more midweek days. What's the harm? Only slackers and retired people can take advantage, anyway. Working fools, the majority of skiers, will think they're getting a good deal, but, no, they can't use it. The Abasin thread got me to thinking about this. The problem there is on the weekends, right? Or, here in the East. Sugarbush is dead during the week, even though they're Ikon and basically make skiing free for 65 plus seniors.

That is an East Coast mentality that doesn't matter as much at destination resorts.
    Live Free or Die

"Whats good for me must be whats good for the economic of the for profit businesses involved!"

What. As mentioned elsewhere, Vail sold something like 895K Epic Passes. The partner ski areas receive per skier day compensation. Sure there are other factors, but reducing the marketability of the product they are selling sure ain't one of them. So you are looking for a cheaper cheapskate pass that is blacked out more and costs less?

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    That is an East Coast mentality that doesn't matter as much at destination resorts.
    What? Suppose you're living in Summit? You're not skiing Saturday anyway, probably not Sunday. East coast?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    "Whats good for me must be whats good for the economic of the for profit businesses involved!"

What. As mentioned elsewhere, Vail sold something like 895K Epic Passes. The partner ski areas receive per skier day compensation. Sure there are other factors, but reducing the marketability of the product they are selling sure ain't one of them. So you are looking for a cheaper cheapskate pass that is blacked out more and costs less?
    Well, sure, because I'm a cheapskate that avoids busy days, because I can. What's the harm to anybody, anyway? Like I said, the marketing people get to create an illusion that a customer is getting something more than they paid for, but, in reality, most won't be able to use those days. It's happening now. Are you really going to ski all the Ikon or Epic mountains? Of course not. But I hear pass owners talk about it a lot. Ooh, I can ski Tahoe! Vail! Stowe! But, bottom line, they still get the same meager day count their lives allow. Zero sum. But the excitement sells more passes. Meanwhile, Benny gets cheap skiing. Win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What? Suppose you're living in Summit? You're not skiing Saturday anyway, probably not Sunday. East coast?
    I've been a season pass holder both out West (JHole) and back East (Cannon and Whiteface). The variance between midweek crowd levels and weekend crowd levels is 10 times greater back East.

Sure there is an increase on weekends, and I will concede the summit resorts seem to get some of this as well, but they are still a junk show on midweek pow days where you can go to any East Coast place on a midweek pow day and have the place basically to yourself. Here in Jhole you see an uptick on Saturdays with group lessons for locals programs, otherwise if the snow is good, we are crowded, regardless of whether its midweek or weekend.

I skied 42" of pow at Whiteface on Valentines Day once with literally 20 other people plus patrollers. That much snow happens out here and we're mobbed with 5-10k people.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I've been a season pass holder both out West (JHole) and back East (Cannon and Whiteface). The variance between midweek crowd levels and weekend crowd levels is 10 times greater back East.

Sure there is an increase on weekends, and I will concede the summit resorts seem to get some of this as well, but they are still a junk show on midweek pow days where you can go to any East Coast place on a midweek pow day and have the place basically to yourself. Here in Jhole you see an uptick on Saturdays with group lessons for locals programs, otherwise if the snow is good, we are crowded, regardless of whether its midweek or weekend.

I skied 42" of pow at Whiteface on Valentines Day once with literally 20 other people plus patrollers. That much snow happens out here and we're mobbed with 5-10k people.
    You've been in Jackson too long. Weekends are a shitshow in Summit, SLC (including Snowbasin), and, from what I read here, Tahoe.

Whiteface is a pretty distant and uncrowded mountain for a big Eastern hill. No beds at the base.

and, from what I read here, Tahoe.
    Nonsense! A 12 to 15 hour drive to go skiing seems perfectly reasonable! lol...

I think the 800k epic pass was last year. I read that this year is was 1,140k + or - a few g's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anyone know how many IKON passes sold this season? Wondering what the difference was between that and EPIC.

Meanwhile, Benny & Thom get cheap skiing. Win win.
    FIFY.

I'd print I skied with Benny t-shirts.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I think the 800k epic pass was last year. I read that this year is was 1,140k + or - a few g's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I paid about 650 for the local, which gets me an awful lot, even in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    FIFY.

I'd print I skied with Benny t-shirts.

Hey, just getting mine. Stuff just doesn't fall from the sky for old Benny. Well, sometimes.

Hey, just getting mine. Stuff just doesn't fall from the sky for old Benny. Well, sometimes.
    When it does, it's usually pidgeon shit (born in NY too).

... Thom

Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I hear from a normally reliable source that Alta is signing up for next year. Can't verify anything but I also heard that the almost 30% IKON skiers is vastly over estimated.

I can't believe that with the IKON everywhere that we have not had a maggot find out how much the non Alterra resorts are getting reimbursed.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I hear from a normally reliable source that Alta is signing up for next year. Can't verify anything but I also heard that the 30% IKON skiers is vastly over estimated.

I can't believe that with the IKON everywhere that we have not had a maggot find out how much the non Alterra resorts are getting reimbursement.
    It has been stated (or guessed) a few times, maybe not in this thread though?

Heard from a few reliable little birdies lately that A-basin will be on IKON next year. Should be interesting for IKON to pick up 1/2 the Summit county resorts, that would be hudge for them. Don't know that it'll help with the parking situation much though.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Heard from a few reliable little birdies lately that A-basin will be on Epic next year. Should be interesting for IKON to pick up 1/2 the Summit county resorts, that would be hudge for them. Don't know that it'll help with the parking situation much though.
    ?? Do you mean Ikon? Or am I just terrible at reading comprehension? Which is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    ?? Do you mean Ikon? Or am I just terrible at reading comprehension? Which is possible.
    Yeah I fucked up, fixed it. Not enough coffee this am.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I can't believe that with the IKON everywhere that we have not had a maggot find out how much the non Alterra resorts are getting reimbursed.
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    It has been stated (or guessed) a few times, maybe not in this thread though?
    It's been stated and guessed, but I don't believe those, or rather, don't believe they tell the full story. For one, I bet it is resort-specific, I doubt that there's one standard deal they give out. Second, I am sure the deal is more intricate than $50 per skier day (I believe that was one of the figures thrown out). Because that would mean that someone who skis mostly at a partner resort would end up costing Alterra a lot of money. I have skied at Eldora a dozen or so days, and MANY at Eldora have Ikon passes; I doubt very much that Alterra is taking a loss on each and every one of us. I suspect that if it's a flat per skier day fee, it also has a cap. For ex, $50/day up to 5 days, then nothing after. Or a graduated payment, $50 for days 1-4, $25 for days 5-8, etc.

And I doubt that we will ever really find this info out, because I imagine it's super confidential (especially if it is resort specific).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's been stated and guessed, but I don't believe those, or rather, don't believe they tell the full story. For one, I bet it is resort-specific, I doubt that there's one standard deal they give out. Second, I am sure the deal is more intricate than $50 per skier day (I believe that was one of the figures thrown out). Because that would mean that someone who skis mostly at a partner resort would end up costing Alterra a lot of money. I have skied at Eldora a dozen or so days, and MANY at Eldora have Ikon passes; I doubt very much that Alterra is taking a loss on each and every one of us. I suspect that if it's a flat per skier day fee, it also has a cap. For ex, $50/day up to 5 days, then nothing after. Or a graduated payment, $50 for days 1-4, $25 for days 5-8, etc.

And I doubt that we will ever really find this info out, because I imagine it's super confidential (especially if it is resort specific).
    I've heard between $8-15 per skier day reimbursement for Abasin from Epic, and if they ski Keystone before Abasin that day then Abasin gets $0. If IKON is paying $50 (which I doubt) then no wonder Abasin would want to switch.

Taos sure was Ikonic this weekend. CO made the trip in force (us included). 15 inches overnight Friday/Saturday , probably double that in places. Love the terrain there, and coverage is awesome right now. STEEP and DEEP!!
    Locals seem amazed with how busy it was Saturday. Lines were long but manageable by CO standards. Patrol did a good job managing the crowds and the snow, popping terrain throughout the weekend. With some hiking and exploring we skied knee/thigh deep all weekend. Kachina never opened, understandably considering snowpack/ history.
    The overnight parking situation is amazing!! We had a primo van spot with free plug-ins walking distance to the base. Good times for sure
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2783.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	271336
    (picture is a double post from the ski pic thread, but this page needs stoke too)

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Heard from a few reliable little birdies lately that A-basin will be on IKON next year. Should be interesting for IKON to pick up 1/2 the Summit county resorts, that would be hudge for them. Don't know that it'll help with the parking situation much though.
    Fack! I was really hoping they would go it alone.

Did they say if it would be Ikon unlimited or part of the 5/7 day deal?

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Fack! I was really hoping they would go it alone.

Did they say if it would be Ikon unlimited or part of the 5/7 day deal?
    I don't know any details. Who knows, Maybe 5/7 on the IKON base, and unlimited on the full IKON. That would make the most sense.

I just don't think they would've done all the upgrades to F&B if they didn't still want the traffic of a pass like IKON.