Page 169 of 268 FirstFirst ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 6685

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I’ll sell you mine.

Sled trailheads were even worse, because there’s a lot less of them and the the fact most people can’t drive a trailer worth shit.

The Ikon pays for itself in about a week.
    You all know you’ll cave.
    There's plenty of zones around Tahoe / Eastern Sierra where you can get out with a sled and there's way less people around. I'm sure there are regional differences.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    We will have drugs/treatments by then, and further understanding of the virus and potential mitigation strategies. What you're describing is opening today - not 6 months from now. A lot will change, and for the better IMO. We got this.
    What are you basing this on? I haven’t seen anything that says we will have a vaccine before the end of the year. I’m not saying it will always be like this but no way we have a vaccine in 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    What are you basing this on? I haven’t seen anything that says we will have a vaccine before the end of the year. I’m not saying it will always be like this but no way we have a vaccine in 6 months.
    Didn't say vaccine. In fact I bet a vaccine for this never comes to the general population.

Treatments could mean a better understanding of the virus and what's needed to treat patients, drugs could mean anything really - even something that reduces symptoms or shortens recovery time would be a game-changer. I just think its nuts to think that an entire planet can't come up with something by then, especially with hundreds of human trials and research happening already.

I'm basing this on humans being smart as shit and focused on solving this problem on a global scale. We're too good for this.

Let's hope billions upon billions of fiat currencies being spent finds some type of solution. And it doesn't end up being like HIV and cancer with hundreds upon hundreds if not trillions spent with little to show for it for decades.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

~600 to ski wherever the fuck you want seems like a decent deal.

, drugs could mean anything really .
    Hookers and blow!

I can't buy a sled for 600. With a trailer.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I'm basing this on humans being smart as shit and focused on solving this problem on a global scale. We're too good for this.
    You forgot the /S
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There's plenty of zones around Tahoe / Eastern Sierra where you can get out with a sled and there's way less people around. I'm sure there are regional differences.
    We could keep our sleds at the top of the gondi, which is really convenient. But on March 15 there were 40-50 sleds stranded up there, that we needed to shuttle/skin up to.
    The two trailheads that can access that zone were total clusterfucks, from then on.

Sled skiing also really beats my body up. After skinning a bunch, I just feel better and I really got into the quiet solitude.

My kid will be pissed, but I think I'll sell both of mine come fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    You forgot the /S
    I meant outside of the USA.

Didn't say vaccine. In fact I bet a vaccine for this never comes to the general population.

Treatments could mean a better understanding of the virus and what's needed to treat patients, drugs could mean anything really - even something that reduces symptoms or shortens recovery time would be a game-changer. I just think its nuts to think that an entire planet can't come up with something by then, especially with hundreds of human trials and research happening already.

I'm optimistic about what next winter will look like as well but I would add this for perspective. My brother has been a pulmonologist working in ICU's for the past 20 years and he says a vaccine by the end of the year is more likely (not guaranteed by any means mind you) than effective treatments for two reasons:

1. The amount of money and work being poured into vaccine development for COVID far exceeds any other vaccine in modern history and certainly more than any other outbreak or pandemic of the last 20-30 years.

2. Effective treatments for upper-respiratory viruses have, historically speaking, been few and far between. We've been studying the common influenza strain for over a 100 years, doctors and researchers can see and study it in millions of people every year, and the best we have is Tamiflu, and all it does is shorten the duration of symptoms. Treatment for most upper respiratory viruses, even in an ICU, is primarily supportive in nature; help treat the symptoms so the immune system can do it thing and hope the patients immune system is up the task.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

That’s all well and good, but the coronavirus may not be a respiratory illness. It may be a vascular disease.

https://elemental.medium.com/amp/p/2c4032481ab2

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    That’s all well and good, but the coronavirus may not be a respiratory illness. It may be a vascular disease.

https://elemental.medium.com/amp/p/2c4032481ab2
    That's pretty damn interesting.

An aspirin a day and we should be good.

Yeah dudes, that's what I'm sayin'.

By the time winter rolls around we'll have figured something out that will significantly alter the severity of this illness. It'll still be around, sure, and we may all be wearing stupid masks on the lifts, but we'll be skiing.

If this were an episode of a medical TV show, we would be like in the middle when people are still getting sick and the grumpy veteran doctor has tried seemingly everything - but now he sees a kid throwing rocks at a can or something and totally changes his perspective. The next few months are the end where he figures some shit out and tries this new idea despite being told he's crazy, and bam it works and corona goes running back to whatever wet market it came from. Celebrations at the bar, all is well again. Then a drone shot of a tractor trailer in the mexican jungle, closing in on the back, goes inside, and we see cages of bats, chickens, pigs, and dogs all stacked on top of each other, and then a dead animal with foam coming out of its' mouth at the bottom. Fade to black.

yall gotta try this weed.

You'll need one of these to get on a chair lift. Bonus, the altitude won't be a big deal. Just that big O2 tank on your back.

Name:  O2 images.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  6.8 KB
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Yeah dudes, that's what I'm sayin'.

By the time winter rolls around we'll have figured something out that will significantly alter the severity of this illness. It'll still be around, sure, and we may all be wearing stupid masks on the lifts, but we'll be skiing.

If this were an episode of a medical TV show, we would be like in the middle when people are still getting sick and the grumpy veteran doctor has tried seemingly everything - but now he sees a kid throwing rocks at a can or something and totally changes his perspective. The next few months are the end where he figures some shit out and tries this new idea despite being told he's crazy, and bam it works and corona goes running back to whatever wet market it came from. Celebrations at the bar, all is well again. Then a drone shot of a tractor trailer in the mexican jungle, closing in on the back, goes inside, and we see cages of bats, chickens, pigs, and dogs all stacked on top of each other, and then a dead animal with foam coming out of its' mouth at the bottom. Fade to black.

yall gotta try this weed.
    lol. What's it called?

Life

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I don't understand why Ikon hasn't caved and matched Epic's guarantee. I would buy my pass if they did, but as is I am willing to wait things out at the risk of paying an extra $50-100 later. I suspect there are a LOT of people like me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't understand why Ikon hasn't caved and matched Epic's guarantee. I would buy my pass if they did, but as is I am willing to wait things out at the risk of paying an extra $50-100 later. I suspect there are a LOT of people like me.
    Yup, I view any price bump as an insurance premium, although as it stands now, I'm going to have a difficult time convincing my wife to let me ride lifts next year. That's a whole 'nuther subject.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I’m still holding out too.

New England pass which is Sugarloaf Sunday River guarantee 150 days of skiing. That's part of Ikon (Boyne) so wondering if Ikon does that?
    Would that make you happy? New England has a shorter season than CO etc. So not sure if 150 days is enough?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Same. I’ll take my chances.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

NEW INFO

ZERO-DAY CREDIT

Ikon Pass holders will have the option to defer the purchase price of their unused 20/21 Ikon Pass to a 21/22 Ikon Pass using the new Zero-Day Credit. NEW: they can make this decision anytime until April 11, 2021, no questions asked. The Zero-Day Credit applies to any 20/21 Ikon Pass, Ikon Base Pass, Ikon Base Plus Pass or Ikon Session Pass 4-Day.

ADDED ASSURANCE DUE TO POSSIBLE COVID-19 CLOSURES

Should any eligible Ikon Pass destination close due to COVID-19 between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, Ikon Pass holders will receive a proportional credit towards any 21/22 Ikon Pass purchase. There is no fee to participate. More information on how credits are awarded and applied to a future purchase can be found on https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance-program . Subject to the program’s terms and conditions.

We have extended the deadline for the group pricing for purchases through 9/1/2020. Renewal pricing and the child discount are still subject to the 6/16 deadline and should purchase in advance of the deadline.

Not sure if there will be a pricing change to Group after 6/16. But Renewal Pricing and Child Discount will END ON 6/16. If you are applying these discounts, you need to purchase prior to then. OTOH, if you miss the deadline, shot me a PM for Group Pricing. Even if you are Renewing, shot me a PM. Sharing some data will help a maggot or more out come this winter. Details in the PM. We are 2/3 of the way toward being able to help a mag (not me, btw) out this year. If you are renewing, send me a PM and help us get over the top.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance-program

-20/21 Ikon Pass holders can select One Eligible Destination or All Destinations as their Adventure Assurance destination.
    One Eligible Destination selections include Steamboat, Winter Park, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort, Stratton, Sugarbush Resort, Snowshoe, Crystal Mountain, Solitude Mountain Resort, Tremblant, and Blue Mountain, provided no closure announcement has been made prior to October 1, 2020. In the event an Ikon Pass holder has already selected a destination that makes any closure announcement prior to October 1, 2020, that destination will no longer be an eligible destination and the pass holder will be required to select a new eligible destination or All Destinations. Failure to select a new eligible destination by October 1, 2020 will automatically default to All Destinations.
    All Destinations includes all North American Ikon Pass destinations except CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures.

-All 20/21 Ikon Pass holder accounts will automatically be set to All Destinations as their selection for eligibility to receive COVID-19 credits. A pass holder wanting to designate One Eligible Destination must choose their destination between September 10, 2020 and October 1, 2020. A One Eligible Destination selection is final and cannot be changed, provided however that if a 20/21 Ikon Pass holder’s previously selected One Eligible Destination issues a closure announcement for any reason whatsoever prior to October 1, 2020, the pass holder will be required to select a new eligible destination or All Destinations. Failure to select a new eligible destination by October 1, 2020 will automatically default to All Destinations.

-If a 20/21 Ikon Pass holder selects One Eligible Destination as their Adventure Assurance destination and that Ikon Pass destination closes due to COVID-19 for at least 7 consecutive full days or 21 or more total full days between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, the pass holder will receive a proportional credit of the actual purchase price paid for their used 20/21 pass to be used toward the purchase of a 21/22 Ikon Pass product. Once this initial threshold is met, the actual credit a pass holder will receive for their used 20/21 Ikon Pass will be based on the percentage of days your selected One Eligible Destination is closed due to COVID-19 during that 123 day period (between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021).

-If a 20/21 Ikon Pass holder selects All Destinations as their Adventure Assurance destination and if any North American Ikon Pass destination remains closed due to COVID-19 for at least one full day between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, the 20/21 Ikon Pass holder will receive a proportional credit of the actual purchase price paid for their used pass toward the purchase of a 21/22 Ikon Pass product. The actual credit a pass holder will receive for their used 20/21 Ikon Pass will be calculated based on the number of days any North American Ikon Pass destinations are closed due to COVID-19 during that 123 day period (between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021) divided by the total number of possible days at all North American Ikon Pass destinations during that 123 day period (between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021).
    At the bottom if their Adventure Assurance page: Stay tuned to this page in the coming weeks for more information on the Adventure Assurance program.

Ikon Pass

I was told there would be no maths.