Page 95 of 266 FirstFirst ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 6644

Thread: Ikon Pass

I like the countdown clock on the ads here on tgr. I wonder how much ikon has spent advertising to me? seems every webpage/app I go to shows an ikon ad.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I like the countdown clock on the ads here on tgr. I wonder how much ikon has spent advertising to me? seems every webpage/app I go to shows an ikon ad.
    Ads?

What ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Anyone have a group code for Ikon pass before I purchase. Just read up on that option. Wish I started a group for here to save. Anyway, if you have a group, let me know, and send the link. Thanks.
    Interesting. How many?

Anyone see any downsides to the payment plan?
    He who has the most fun wins!

I did the payment plan. I am not sure if you do the payment plan, you can use the pass this spring? I dont have plans to use the pass in the spring anyway so did payments.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Interesting. How many?

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Interesting. How many?

They do it by total volume of sales. Looks like 12K in sales is the minimum. So about 20 base passes, or 13 full passes. It looks like the 2nd round will be a reduced price of $100 (so the current price), so I assume the current group discount is cheaper than the current retail.

from the confirmation email:
    19/20 pass holders (including those that purchased with the payment plan) can hit the slopes until the final closing day of the 18/19 winter season. Spring skiing is available immediately after purchase at Big Bear Mountain Resort, Blue Mountain and Snowshoe. Spring skiing is available starting April 8, 2019 at Winter Park Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Crystal Mountain, Solitude and Tremblant.

Just bought my pass. I will wear it with pride....On a lanyard around my fuckin neck for everyone to see.
    Decisions Decisions

I am still waiting for a potential abasin announcement but will probably give in anyways tonight.

Renewed.

A bit annoying that you have to pay up for next year when this years pass is still valid for another month or more.

I did hear a nice rumor that they might try to alleviate some of the tram lines at Jackson and Big Sky and other places (since according to locals they’re primarily caused by Ikon pass holders) by creating special Ikon only lines so the locals won’t have to be in the same lines. Ownership did listen to the locals!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    <snip>
    I did hear a nice rumor that they might try to alleviate some of the tram lines at Jackson and Big Sky and other places (since according to locals they’re primarily caused by Ikon pass holders) by creating special Ikon only lines so the locals won’t have to be in the same lines. Ownership did listen to the locals!!
    They're gonna be PISSED when they see the Ikon lines are shorter.

Nobody in the Ikon line will know how to alternate but at least we won't have to deal with super bro Jackson local from Masshole who can't be bothered on his phone getting zoned to crush the air force chutes.

I'll be a double clueless gaper next year. Iowan with Ikoner.

I think A-Basin will go Mountain Collective. MC needs the Basin in the worst way to show fresh vitality, to kick start front range metro area sales, and it falls in line with Al's stated goal of reducing base area cluster while giving them another revenue stream.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A bit annoying that you have to pay up for next year when this years pass is still valid for another month or more.
    What? You didn't have to pay up for next year. You just had to do that if you wanted the lowest price and the payment plan.

Ikon bitching is all well and good, but bitching about stuff that has existed for years before Ikon, and blaming Ikon for it, is really silly. End of season pricing on next year's passes has existed for a long time (my 15 second search shows that it's existed since at least 2011). Nobody holds a gun to anyone's head and makes them buy the pass at the cheapest price. You could have waited until the Fall to buy your pass. You chose not to, but are annoyed that you chose not to wait. Huh?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What? You didn't have to pay up for next year. You just had to do that if you wanted the lowest price and the payment plan.

Ikon bitching is all well and good, but bitching about stuff that has existed for years before Ikon is really silly. End of season pricing on next year's passes has existed for a long time (my 15 second search shows that it's existed since at least 2011). Nobody holds a gun to anyone's head and makes them buy the pass at the cheapest price. You could have waited until the Fall to buy your pass. You chose not to, but are annoyed that you chose not to wait. Huh?
    "I want it all... and I want it NOW."

Ikon bitching is all well and good, but bitching about stuff that has existed for years before Ikon, and blaming Ikon for it, is really silly. End of season pricing on next year's passes has existed for a long time (my 15 second search shows that it's existed since at least 2011). Nobody holds a gun to anyone's head and makes them buy the pass at the cheapest price. You could have waited until the Fall to buy your pass. You chose not to, but are annoyed that you chose not to wait. Huh?
    Hey, I never thought of that. I didn’t HAVE to buy the Ikon now? They didn’t force me to?
    I could have waited and paid $500 or so more at a later date for the 4 passes?

Maybe you could be my life coach or something.

Name:  wzhnr3gmm1u21.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  45.1 KB

I mean, you got the pass cheaper. What’s the problem?
    Decisions Decisions

I think he believes he is paying twice for spring skiing
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Think of the opportunity cost involved with buying now, vs buying later. You coulda bought, stepped on, then sold at least a few 8 balls with that money and maybe you coulda bought an additional Epic pass with the proceeds. Fucking amateurs.

Hey, I never thought of that. I didn’t HAVE to buy the Ikon now? They didn’t force me to?
    I could have waited and paid $500 or so more at a later date for the 4 passes?

Maybe you could be my life coach or something.

You can't afford me, because you clearly need a lot of help. You are bitching about their business practices as if they created those practices and then have screwed you through implementing those new practices. When in fact a) those practices have existed for many years and all they did was continue what others in the industry did before them, and b) they are offering the passes cheaper now. You get all snarky about the "forced" part yet you don't seem to get it. They are offering a quid pro quo: commit to buying now -- you don't even have to pay for it all now -- and we will give you a better deal in exchange for that comittment, or wait till later, and pay a higher price. Many people will not buy now, and will buy later, either because they can't commit or are lazy or whatever. There is a choice. You chose to buy now to save yourself a little scratch. And then you're bitching about that, as if you're forced to buy now, "A bit annoying that you have to pay up for next year when this years pass is still valid for another month or more." Not really sure what your complaint is if it isn't that you're forced to buy now. Is it that you think they should offer the best price in the Fall? Why should they do that? Why would anyone buy the pass now if that was the case?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Just bought my pass. I will wear it with pride....On a lanyard around my fuckin neck for everyone to see.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IKONic.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	345.9 KB 
ID:	279785

I had a lot of fun "acting like an IKON douche"...it was really pretty easy. No actually "acting" required.
    sproing!

You can't afford me, because you clearly need a lot of help. You are bitching about their business practices as if they created those practices and then have screwed you through implementing those new practices. When in fact a) those practices have existed for many years and all they did was continue what others in the industry did before them, and b) they are offering the passes cheaper now. You get all snarky about the "forced" part yet you don't seem to get it. They are offering a quid pro quo: commit to buying now -- you don't even have to pay for it all now -- and we will give you a better deal in exchange for that comittment, or wait till later, and pay a higher price. Many people will not buy now, and will buy later, either because they can't commit or are lazy or whatever. There is a choice. You chose to buy now to save yourself a little scratch. And then you're bitching about that, as if you're forced to buy now, "A bit annoying that you have to pay up for next year when this years pass is still valid for another month or more." Not really sure what your complaint is if it isn't that you're forced to buy now. Is it that you think they should offer the best price in the Fall? Why should they do that? Why would anyone buy the pass now if that was the case?
    Heh. Yeah I’m a cheapskate so there it is.

Why are you so worked up about it?

Why are you so worked up about it?
    the funneh

In for $1238 so Jackson opening day 2019
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Waffling between base and full pass. Generally we avoid holidays blacked out but school is getting harder to schedule time around them. Plus Im delusionally pondering a Southern Hemisphere trip. Should I pull the trigger and waste a few hunny extra?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Waffling between base and full pass. Generally we avoid holidays blacked out but school is getting harder to schedule time around them. Plus Im delusionally pondering a Southern Hemisphere trip. Should I pull the trigger and waste a few hunny extra?
    For me the answer sadly was yes. Plunk down the extra money. With a 10th and 8th grader next season, I delude myself into saying I won’t ski holidays, yet this past season there I was in Utah New Years week, MLK weekend and the tail end of President weekend. I suggested homeschooling or dropping out to my kids. So instead I paid for the full Monty.
    My solitude family pass was a much better bargain regarding blackouts and wasatch benefits. I was pretty much forced into full Ikons at a nearly 1000 bump compared to prior seasons. If the wife didn’t like deer valley so much it’s almost not worth it, but one family trip to deer valley for a long weekend almost pays for the ikon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk