Page 8 of 266 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Hopefully nothing. Maybe get those few days at CB back without lodging. Or add a few more bonus days somewhere like Taos or Wolf.

Or in a dream world, convince ABasin to give Vail the finger, run shuttles between the two, and create "The Basins" pass.
    That be a nice dream, but the odds are low. More 3 day partnerships be great !

IKON landed quite the upper cut today, but we’ll see what epic, the collective hills and other players respond with. I look forward to seeing if any other pass options surface in the coming months .

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's not great for anyone who wants unlimited days, but with the Jackson days it could be pretty attractive to certain people. 7 strategically used Alta/Bird days, 7 days of groomer shred at DV, and 7 days at Jackson is a pretty respectable season.
    Yah, I know people who buy 10 time SB passes for $650 and would def travel to JH on the weekends.

Loveland will counter with cat skiing into Dry Gulch and relocating the old decommissioned lift between the Valley and the Basin up Mt Trelease.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    Early season pricing this year for mammoth lift only pass was $800. Would've likely gone up to $900 this year. Don't see what the gripe is.
    Actually $699.
    $799 for the premium.

Sent from my SM-N900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    there hasnt been different pass prices with or without wasatch benefits..it was only early season and after end september. $999 early and $1199 after the early price expired..the wasatch benefits part of it is limited to the first X amount of pass buyers...so even if you buy pre price raise you might still not get the extra day benefits dueto too many buying before you.

Least thats how i've always seen it..i'd love a cheaper pass option that didnt even consider the wasatch extra resort days., but those are just like a bonus for buying early.

My question was not very clear. As Snowbird and Alta will not have unlimited access with an IKON pass I wonder if we will have the same season pass options currently available? Alta offers 10 pack powder cards that are transferable. We buy a couple of those each season and use them for family and friends that come out and ski with us, hope that does not go away.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    My question was not very clear. As Snowbird and Alta will not have unlimited access with an IKON pass I wonder if we will have the same season pass options currently available? Alta offers 10 pack powder cards that are transferable. We buy a couple of those each season and use them for family and friends that come out and ski with us, hope that does not go away.
    I imagine it won't go away. No Alta offerings changed with mtn collective I assume same will hold true for the ikon

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Has Winter Park been noticeably more crowded during the weekdays over the past few years?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Hopefully nothing. Maybe get those few days at CB back without lodging. Or add a few more bonus days somewhere like Taos or Wolf.

Or in a dream world, convince ABasin to give Vail the finger, run shuttles between the two, and create "The Basins" pass.
    this is what i want. I got a season pass at Loveland and a weekday pass at A Basin. wish theyd do a pass for both.

As a Denver skier there are pluses and minuses. Pluses are some awesome places that are drivable. However, I think Copper and WP will be more crowded for day trips. With a 2-year-old and another coming in April getting to the new resorts for a multi day trip won’t be easy.

I hope Vail comes out with something awesome so people stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Has Winter Park been noticeably more crowded during the weekdays over the past few years?
    I don't ski weekdays much, but it sure is on powder weekdays.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Lots of east and west.

Stratton is my only choice for unlimited? For real? Fucking Stratton?
    Go On Now
    crab in my shoe mouth

Very much so. 2nd homos come up the night before. Non pow days, not so much. Honestly, everything that was great about this valley ain't so great anymore. I never thought I would say this but I might have to make some changes after next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Go On Now
    Would you prefer Okemo?

It’s better than Stratton. I would prefer Killington.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    I wonder how if they will let some early spring skiing through if the pass goes on sale in two weeks. Mammoth usually does that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    I found this while digging through their FAQs:

CAN I USE MY 2018-2019 IKON PASS TO SKI OR RIDE AT PARTICIPATING DESTINATIONS DURING SPRING 2018?
    Yes. You can use your 2018-2019 Ikon Pass or Ikon Base Pass starting March 6, 2018 at Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Blue Mountain and Snowshoe; and starting on April 9, 2018 at Winter Park Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows and Mammoth Mountain.

This makes it sound even better to me.

I find it interesting that some people think this is a great deal while others think it’s a shit deal.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Go On Now
    NE got fucked. I'd take Sunapee/Okemo over Flatton. I heard Boyne is doing a sun>fri pass, I may hold out for that.

Its a NY/CT pass now. Flatton/k/Bush.

Come on Biff.

Is this going to be an add on to season passes like the maxpass?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Is this going to be an add on to season passes like the maxpass?
    Evidently, no.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's not great for anyone who wants unlimited days, but with the Jackson days it could be pretty attractive to certain people. 7 strategically used Alta/Bird days, 7 days of groomer shred at DV, and 7 days at Jackson is a pretty respectable season.
    Yeah, I have a tendency to always assume every skier wants to get at least 50 days a year, when in reality most are happy to get 10. Probably not a bad option for a fair amount of Utah skiers.

Great pass with prices for us students that get that $479. Everyone can say goodbye to the Winter Park/Jane that we've known for years(I know it is a shit show right now on weekends but this is going to take it to the next level once people start dropping Epic for Ikon because they want try something new).

Any word on whether cheap 4 packs at Copper and WP will go away or get way more expensive? I’d selfishly be ok with those disappearing since those people may go elsewhere, I think.

The EB Berthoud backups next year will start at 1st Creek all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    As an Epic Pass holder I am stoked about this new pass!

Hopefully big numbers of people will switch to the IKON pass and I can enjoy reduced crowds at beaver creek.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    As a Denver skier there are pluses and minuses. Pluses are some awesome places that are drivable. However, I think Copper and WP will be more crowded for day trips. With a 2-year-old and another coming in April getting to the new resorts for a multi day trip won’t be easy.

I hope Vail comes out with something awesome so people stay there.
    The EB Berthoud backups next year will start at 1st Creek all weekend.
    This is the million $ question. Will enough people vacate Epic and make Ikon a shit show while VR are deserted or will enough stay Epic and allow Ikon to be be an escape? Ikon has me excited for something different (though I don’t love the local unlimited options) but the fear of sub par terrain choices combined with massive crowds has be thinking twice. At least there’s good options for road trips....