Page 86 of 268 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 6693

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Has anyone done the payment plan?
    Can't find any info on whether they charge more for that.
    Its no additional cost. It is also not done through affirm or anything so its not on credit. The plan is $200 down then the remaining amount split over 4 months.

Wife and myself keep mulling over the options. All things being equal Ikon seems like less of a pain in the ass than the Mountain Collective. No need to pick ski area for the 3 day stay in advance. Ability to stay one place for 5 days. Options to avoid blackouts on MLK and Pres day weekends. Don't have to mess with getting a new pass at every area...this year I did JH, Big Sky, Sun Valley, and Aspen on Mountain Collective and purchased day passes to Targhee and Monarch. Wife and daughter have another trip to Aspen planned. Every place needs a different pass/picture. Pain in the ass.

Our cost for next year with a 9 year old works out about the same either way between MC and Ikon assuming we do what we did this year. 1418 total after figuring in buying two days at half price on MC.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This season has been pretty great for us on the IKON pass. Between NorCal and Utah I've skied at four different resorts.

As of now, our lift ticket per person - per day cost is less than $25. By the time we're done it will be less than $20. The only additional cost is a few hotel rooms and gas money. We generally bring our own grub. Although we usually eat dinner at a restaurant on or near the mountain, we also eat out on the weekends when we're at home so that's a wash.

I'll be on the same program for next season. It's a great time with my two young (11 & 12 y.o.) boys. Something we all love to do.

Ikon beats MC
    Last year some did not see the difference

This year everyone goes ikon

Get ready for the invasion
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Ikon beats MC

For some.

My ski days out west are mostly limited by my vacation time, weekends free which are practically zero with local race team activities. Will make zero difference in my total ski area invasion days. All about costs and convenience and choice.

It appears don't get the re-up discount with the payment plan?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Ikon beats MC

Disagree. For a weekend and holiday ski traveler, the MC still works. I'll be doing it with my family. I don't need 5-7 days at a bunch of resorts where I'll be lucky to get 2-3 days at a place. Plus no blackouts is a bonus. If it ever gets unlimited skiing at my local hill, then I'll go Ikon. Until then, MC is what fits my budget and schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    It appears don't get the re-up discount with the payment plan?
    That would change things.
    Guess I will find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    That would change things.
    Guess I will find out soon enough.
    I called today since I went from a Basic to a full pass next season, but didn't see the renewal discount. I got at CSR right away and she dealt with it quickly and I just paid for my passes on the phone. Quick and ease, so if you have questions call th enumber at the bottom of the Ikon pass page.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I hear Epic is in financial trouble, Ikon plans to buy them out.
    watch out for snakes

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    I hear Epic is in financial trouble, Ikon plans to buy them out.
    Gapril Fools!

Everyone who has posted negative comments in this thread will be banned from ever buying one of our passes! Your IP addresses have been logged! Bend over and grab the lube. We're takin' this mother fucker over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikon_Police View Post
    <snip> Your IP addresses have been logged
    That's cute.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1879.JPG 
Views:	232 
Size:	903.3 KB 
ID:	276771

These signs were posted up around Alta today. Gave me a laugh.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    "IKON ruin your town" on a large bumper sticker sized sticker. It somehow survived on a main sign pointing toward free parking for at least 2 full days over the weekend at Big Sky. Was really shocked it was still there on day two.

Ikonic day at Jackson hole!

Name:	IMG_3345.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	276795

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!

Quote Originally Posted by peterbmoorman View Post
    Ikonic day at Jackson hole!

Name:	IMG_3345.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	276795
    Lol.
    Even better than my idea of ikon stickers all over all of my gear and the pass round my neck flopping in the wind. Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post

Name:	IMG_1879.JPG 
Views:	232 
Size:	903.3 KB 
ID:	276771

These signs were posted up around Alta today. Gave me a laugh.
    We tagged Snowbird even harder...
    Elevators, bathrooms, notice boards, etc.
    Hidden Peak patrol room saw a lot of IKONic traffic yesterday!
    There are still a few Rainbird and West Alta stickers around from yesterday, too.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

The Ikon pass really is taking it to the locals. Lines at the tram, gapers traversing all over, terrible traffic in the Cottonwood canyons.

The latest anecdotal evidence that I’ve heard is even more insult to injury. Ikoners are, from a couple stories that I heard, banging the local chicks, as if those lines weren’t long enough. A friend of a friend went to Jackson and scored with a local hottie after dancing with her at the Cowboy Bar. She told him about the “odds are good but the goods are odd” thing and how local girls are tuning into the ikoners who have real jobs in big cities and viable financial futures.

Another story that I heard is a Big Sky hookup started as a pair up on a Big Couloir run after they met in the tram line. She’s now coming to D town to look for a job and apt and continue the relationship.

Man you locals gotta get rid of this Ikon thing, it’s ruining your whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The Ikon pass really is taking it to the locals. Lines at the tram, gapers traversing all over, terrible traffic in the Cottonwood canyons.

The latest anecdotal evidence that I’ve heard is even more insult to injury. Ikoners are, from a couple stories that I heard, banging the local chicks, as if those lines weren’t long enough. A friend of a friend went to Jackson and scored with a local hottie after dancing with her at the Cowboy Bar. She told him about the “odds are good but the goods are odd” thing and how local girls are tuning into the ikoners who have real jobs in big cities and viable financial futures.

Another story that I heard is a Big Sky hookup started as a pair up on a Big Couloir run after they met in the tram line. She’s now coming to D town to look for a job and apt and continue the relationship.

It’s not your girlfriend it’s just your turn
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Cross posted from the Jackson thread:

Name:	1EB8ED32-A5B6-4A19-9089-4C02C132051E.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	743.3 KB 
ID:	276917

We made a bunch of these yesterday and spread them around. They were a hit.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Well this is interesting.....
    Certainly addressing one of the complaints

https://www.aspensnowmass.com/plan-y...-passes/passes

ANNOUNCING OUR SPRING PASS SALE FOR 2019 - 2020: PREMIER, DOUBLE FLEX, FLEX - SAME PRICE, MORE BENEFITS!

Lock in your 2019 - 2020 Aspen Snowmass season pass at this season’s super early pricing and enjoy extra benefits through spring, summer and next winter. And new this year, all 2019-2020 Premier Adult, Chamber, Senior, and Parent Passes include a complimentary Ikon Base Pass!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

Iconics have all their teeth and can afford microbrews.
    Makes perfect sense.