Page 7 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So what you're saying is, with the IKON pass Squawlpine is almost definitely going to be an even bigger shit show than it already was the past few seasons... *sigh* Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.
    Congratulations SquawPine. You win the $599 unlimited pass. Mammoth locals just got fucked over. Really thought they would have a local hill unlimited pass.

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Congratulations SquawPine. You win the $599 unlimited pass. Mammoth locals just got fucked over. Really thought they would have a local hill unlimited pass.
    I would argue that unlimited Squaw days for $599 is not winning... not if you want any chance of ever finding a parking spot after 7:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    I wonder how if they will let some early spring skiing through if the pass goes on sale in two weeks. Mammoth usually does that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    They had this in their email... Can't find any details on their site.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1175
Size:  32.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

They currently have a few gondola cabins for the Zephyr that they throw on in the evening.
    No shit? Did not know that. It's inevitable then.

$599! Done.

No love for or and wa from anyone? Lol..

So what you're saying is, with the IKON pass Squawlpine is almost definitely going to be an even bigger shit show than it already was the past few seasons... *sigh* Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.
    When I get there, for sure! lol......and, weekends certainly! but yeah, I was actually thinking it(IKON) might turn out to be a bad bad thing, making a bad situation at SV/AM worse.... I've been lurking a bit on the tahoe thread, hearing ridiculous horror stories bout no parking, really long lines, skied out in an hour, etc etc NStar, while no comparison to Squaw or AM has been fun, fewer powder hounds, tree skiers, so been able to get my fill, not so much this season of course, and the lines do suck - midweek is really the only time to enjoy yourself in tahoe...if only midweek were an option ;-)

My motivation is more about three years on epic is enough and I will need to endure the crazy at SV/AM simply for the variety/change of pace. May come to hate the decision...

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Yep. Those 5 JH days alone are going to be a big pull.
    It's not the far-flung days that are going to be of interest... but the Aspen days, I suspect, will get a LOT of folks. Because those resorts... they rule.

I would say so. I ski Mammoth 3 weekends a month, which requires a ski lease. I spend about 2500 a year on that ski lease, which means I really don't have much of a budget for ski travel. One of my best friends from my Tahoe days still lives up there, so with a free place to stay and tickets paid for I am more likely to do a trip there. My guess is that there will be others like me who are in the same boat. I will be curious to see if Mammoth gets more traffic. Mammoth is pretty tough to access from anywhere other than socal, the airport is much sketchier than flying into Reno. This might also get me to do a trip to SLC on the cheap, I love Alta/Bird.

People are complaining about the lack of a Mammoth pass, but a $200 dollar upgrade to get all that is a good deal. I don't know if I like it or not, I'm not a huge fan of conglomerates owning everything, but if you live in California this is a great deal. I have heard some bad things about KSL and Squaw though, I'm worried Mammoth will be affected negatively.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

As a Mammoth pass holder, this will be a good deal for me. Upon positioned it prevent me from buying the cheaper pass, but the 899 pass still works out better then any other combos in the past. My usual days in Mammoth and a trip or two to Jhole or Altabird and I'm saving bigly. Gives options at Big Sky and Revi/Banff as well. Even if you only ski Mammoth it is not that much more then a regular early pass, and probably what it would have been anyway.

I'm satisfied. I'll never ski more then seven days at any other hill, and if I do, I just move to the next nearest one, or tour.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

As a Solitude pass holder, this doesn't exactly shake up Utah. I've mentioned it before, but currently the wasatch benefit got me 4 days at deer valley, 2 brighton, 2 alta and 2 snowbird and unlimited Soli. Now that they are the redheaded step child of the Wasatch, I imagine no more deer valley, alta or snowbird. I am glad because it almost pushes more skier to the front range of colorado. WP and Steamboat have like $165 walk up tickets. The pass would be paid for in a one week vacation for most urbanites from the east coast.
    Oh well.

This may have been discussed before but what exactly is the money making metric on this? I can guess the economics is that huge numbers buy it and then don't ski really at all. Because even 3-4 days at the most expensive resorts covers the cost of this pass.

Why not go the GEM card route? Why not do much more aggressive price scheduling (midweek vs. weekend vs. holidays)?

Just realized Eldora is unlimited. Both WP and Eldora will be overwhelmed with people wanting to avoid the tunnel metering and all that weekend bullshit. I talk to so many people who have had it.

So for Alta and Snowbird skiers they can still buy a traditional season pass with no days elsewhere or maybe just the Wasatch Benefit.

Well its $400 more for the wife and I to ski the same terrain next season. That is not winning in my book. We own in Mammoth and have no desire to travel to other destinations. For those that do travel good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Just realized Eldora is unlimited. Both WP and Eldora will be overwhelmed with people wanting to avoid the tunnel metering and all that weekend bullshit. I talk to so many people who have had it.
    Yep.

I used to look at WP and Eldora as a solution. But the craziness at WP (both resort and the drive) and the lack of terrain at Eldora aren't really a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    So for Alta and Snowbird skiers they can still buy a traditional season pass with no days elsewhere or maybe just the Wasatch Benefit.
    there hasnt been different pass prices with or without wasatch benefits..it was only early season and after end september. $999 early and $1199 after the early price expired..the wasatch benefits part of it is limited to the first X amount of pass buyers...so even if you buy pre price raise you might still not get the extra day benefits dueto too many buying before you.

Least thats how i've always seen it..i'd love a cheaper pass option that didnt even consider the wasatch extra resort days., but those are just like a bonus for buying early.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    looks ok for the CO or CA skier, and travellers, but for a Utah local this pass has nothing to offer really.
    It's not great for anyone who wants unlimited days, but with the Jackson days it could be pretty attractive to certain people. 7 strategically used Alta/Bird days, 7 days of groomer shred at DV, and 7 days at Jackson is a pretty respectable season.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Yep.

I used to look at WP and Eldora as a solution. But the craziness at WP (both resort and the drive) and the lack of terrain at Eldora aren't really a solution.

As an Epic Pass holder I am stoked about this new pass!

Hopefully big numbers of people will switch to the IKON pass and I can enjoy reduced crowds at beaver creek.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I agree that WP will see lots more traffic from this. But I doubt Eldora will see that much increase over the past few years. They've been on the Epic Pass and then the RMSP+ for a few years now. I just don't see that many people buying this pass because of Eldora or even just going to Eldora a bunch because now they have it on their pass.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Your move Loveland. What you got ?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    As an Epic Pass holder I am stoked about this new pass!

Hopefully big numbers of people will switch to the IKON pass and I can enjoy reduced crowds at beaver creek.
    There have been crowds at Beaver Creek?

End days...

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Your move Loveland. What you got ?
    Hopefully nothing. Maybe get those few days at CB back without lodging. Or add a few more bonus days somewhere like Taos or Wolf.

Or in a dream world, convince ABasin to give Vail the finger, run shuttles between the two, and create "The Basins" pass.

With Ikon Base, my home mountain will probably be more busy. But I get a ton more days at awesome places.

I guess the answer is, "we will see". If anyone has an extra home is one of the premium destinations, give me first dibs before AirBnB.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm with doebedoe. Why should Loveland do anything? Seems like they're doing just fine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Well its $400 more for the wife and I to ski the same terrain next season. That is not winning in my book. We own in Mammoth and have no desire to travel to other destinations. For those that do travel good for you.
    Early season pricing this year for mammoth lift only pass was $800. Would've likely gone up to $900 this year. Don't see what the gripe is.