Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 2955

Thread: Ikon Pass

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,356
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    One thing to note about the Base Pass: HOLIDAY RESTRICTIONS on the "extra" locations - Xmas -> NY and I'd wager MLK and Prez w/e.
    You don't need to wager, it says so right on the Ikon Pass page. Blackouts are Dec. 26-31, 2018; Jan. 19-20, 2019; Feb. 16-17, 2019
    https://www.ikonpass.com/en/ikon-base-pass

    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Ugh. I finally ditched the Squaw shit-show this year and did Sugar Bowl combined with the Mountain Collective (same total price) and the combo has worked out great. I assume the MC pass is virtually dead now... which leaves me with a tough decision next year.
    Supposedly, the Mountain Collective will continue to exist next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    243
    In for one

    Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app

  3. #128
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,073
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Supposedly, the Mountain Collective will continue to exist next year.
    Well, we'll see what resorts are left on it... I guess they could overlap since they still want to attract skiers who don't have any of the IKON resorts as a home mountain.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    13,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    $599 Ikon Base Pass
    Unlimited access: Copper Mountain, Winter Park
    5 days: Steamboat, Jackson Hole, Aspen/Snowmass, Revelstoke, Big Sky, Alta/Snowbird

    vs

    ~$670 Epic Local
    Unlimited: Abasin, Keystone, Breck
    10 days: Vail, Beav, Whistler

    Ikon is pretty attractive... maybe enough to drop Epic for a year... would be tough though because I'd then have to choose between Loveland vs A-Basin as a second pass in order to be able to ski 1 of the 3 closest mountains to me. I'd probably pick A-Basin.
    You have to think that Vail Resorts has something up their sleeve to counter this move, right?

    I'm guessing they purposely waited to announce their '18-19 offering until after the Ikon details came out. Their little corporate worker bees are buzzing around in circles this morning trying to figure out what to do. Since the Ikon Pass doesn't go on sale for 10 days, they have plenty of time to put together a press release and give customers something to think about.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    17,699
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You have to think that Vail Resorts has something up their sleeve to counter this move, right?

    I'm guessing they purposely waited to announce their '18-19 offering until after the Ikon details came out. Their little corporate worker bees are buzzing around in circles this morning trying to figure out what to do. Since the Ikon Pass doesn't go on sale for 10 days, they have plenty of time to put together a press release and give customers something to think about.
    You are probably right... perhaps they will drop prices and add in Telluride + some Euro resorts? That might keep me Epic...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,261
    looks ok for the CO or CA skier, and travellers, but for a Utah local this pass has nothing to offer really.

    Should create a stir for Vail though....so there is that.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    looks ok for the CO or CA skier, and travellers, but for a Utah local this pass has nothing to offer really.

    Should create a stir for Vail though....so there is that.
    My thoughts exactly. One thing it does do though is push even more tourists up LCC. I was considering an alta/bird pass next year but I think I’ll stick with my BCC pass.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,285
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You have to think that Vail Resorts has something up their sleeve to counter this move, right?

    I'm guessing they purposely waited to announce their '18-19 offering until after the Ikon details came out. Their little corporate worker bees are buzzing around in circles this morning trying to figure out what to do. Since the Ikon Pass doesn't go on sale for 10 days, they have plenty of time to put together a press release and give customers something to think about.
    I hope that you are right. Because right now I am thinking that WP becomes even more of a shitshow than it is right now, and that sucks. Maybe the Epic folks can knock some socks off and keep the defections down.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    formally Roch, now HMB
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Ugh. I finally ditched the Squaw shit-show this year and did Sugar Bowl combined with the Mountain Collective (same total price) and the combo has worked out great. I assume the MC pass is virtually dead now... which leaves me with a tough decision next year.
    I've been riding the Epic Train for the past three seasons(first California winters, thought i had missed the drought ), two adults two younguns, both boys are now older than 12, wife and I were already planning to go Squawlpine for next year - just because variety...This definitely makes it more likely I will be admiring a new Ikon next season...have reasons to visit SLC for work- Parkcity is nice, but Alta Bird is Nicer...

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ten Mile Vistas
    Posts
    3,518
    Given the current state, this Ikon Pass will have a big impact on Epic Pass sales in the Front Range market.
    I used to hike 2 hours for 10 minutes of turns on 207 gs skis, without needing “skins” or “hike mode.” Tell me again how I’m a gaper.
    -mikdes26

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,509
    Man, tough decision. Gotta think there will be a huge exodus over to Ikon but then Copper and especially WP will be crowded shitshows. Many of the old WP lifts can’t handle that.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,285
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Many of the old WP lifts can’t handle that.
    Has nothing to do with the "old lifts"; Super G and Pano are shitshows every weekend and they're both very new. Though not sure what lifts you're talking about, as WP/MJ seems to have a fairly normal distribution of old to new lifts. Out of 19 chairlifts (not counting magic carpets and beginner pomas and stuff like that), 9 are high speed quads or sixes, and 10 fixed grip (4 triples and 6 doubles).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I dunno... next year might just be Abasin + Loveland
    Loveland unlimited + A Basin 4 pack is the way to go

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,203
    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Loveland unlimited + A Basin 4 pack is the way to go
    Other way around, but yeah.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    gnArvada
    Posts
    3,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Has nothing to do with the "old lifts"; Super G and Pano are shitshows every weekend and they're both very new. Though not sure what lifts you're talking about, as WP/MJ seems to have a fairly normal distribution of old to new lifts. Out of 19 chairlifts (not counting magic carpets and beginner pomas and stuff like that), 9 are high speed quads or sixes, and 10 fixed grip (4 triples and 6 doubles).
    Zephyr gondola to Lunch Rock, Sunnyside upgrade, and moving old Sunnyside to Looking Glass could happen sooner than we think.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,285
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Zephyr gondola to Lunch Rock, Sunnyside upgrade, and moving old Sunnyside to Looking Glass could happen sooner than we think.
    Agreed. But that won't do anything to make the lines shorter on the Jane side. Replacing C chair with a quad would help, but would also suck. Powder days have already been shortened to a powder hour, with that it would become a powder run or two.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    gnArvada
    Posts
    3,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Agreed. But that won't do anything to make the lines shorter on the Jane side. Replacing C chair with a quad would help, but would also suck. Powder days have already been shortened to a powder hour, with that it would become a powder run or two.
    That ship has sailed Danno. Powder hours are the name of the game anywhere near Denver.
    It would help make the WP side ski a little better, as well as cutting down on the general clusterfuck near Pano and Sunnyside.
    Can't make those legendary bumps without legendary crowds beating the hill to a pulp!

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ten Mile Vistas
    Posts
    3,518
    I've recently been working on a bunch of infrastructure improvements at Copper.....they must be preparing for the mass exodus.
    I used to hike 2 hours for 10 minutes of turns on 207 gs skis, without needing “skins” or “hike mode.” Tell me again how I’m a gaper.
    -mikdes26

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,285
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    That ship has sailed Danno. Powder hours are the name of the game anywhere near Denver.
    It would help make the WP side ski a little better, as well as cutting down on the general clusterfuck near Pano and Sunnyside.
    Can't make those legendary bumps without legendary crowds beating the hill to a pulp!
    I hear ya, expecting more than a powder hour is a lost cause. And the legendary bumps are getting shittier with the legendary crowds!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aloft
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Zephyr gondola to Lunch Rock, Sunnyside upgrade, and moving old Sunnyside to Looking Glass could happen sooner than we think.
    Has anyone else noticed that the WP website advertises "gondola dinner rides"

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Given the current state, this Ikon Pass will have a big impact on Epic Pass sales in the Front Range market.
    Yep. Those 5 JH days alone are going to be a big pull.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter65 View Post
    I've been riding the Epic Train for the past three seasons(first California winters, thought i had missed the drought ), two adults two younguns, both boys are now older than 12, wife and I were already planning to go Squawlpine for next year - just because variety...This definitely makes it more likely I will be admiring a new Ikon next season...have reasons to visit SLC for work- Parkcity is nice, but Alta Bird is Nicer...
    So what you're saying is, with the IKON pass Squawlpine is almost definitely going to be an even bigger shit show than it already was the past few seasons... *sigh* Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,356
    I wouldn't be surprised if they put in a Zephyr gondola.

    Interestingly, an 8p gondola often has a lower uphill capacity than a quad chair, because you can't load the cars as quickly. However the real life uphill capacity might be better because gapers are less likely to stop the lift on a gondola. More importantly a gondola is useful for marketing and for getting people comfortably to on-mountain restaurants for fancy expensive dinners.
    Go here and take a look at capacities for various lifts at various places, it's interesting. https://liftblog.com/colorado/ If you really want to move people the 6-pack is the way to go.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the WP website advertises "gondola dinner rides"
    They currently have a few gondola cabins for the Zephyr that they throw on in the evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    243
    I wonder how if they will let some early spring skiing through if the pass goes on sale in two weeks. Mammoth usually does that.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    965
    So do passholders of the seven day access "Destination Resorts" get any kind of reciprocity from this like we did from the Mountain Collective?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •