Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49
Results 1,201 to 1,208 of 1208

Thread: Ikon Pass

Ok, Copper it is but tossing the skins in just in case we need to bail to Dry Creek or something.

IME, WP/MJ doesn't get good coverage and truly fun (read trees and steeps) until closer to a 60" base. Early directed skiing openings happen, but take the rock skis, and stay out of the woods if you value your legs. What's open had good coverage though, last Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Ikon Pass

Iíd rally up to Aspen for this or next weekend. Highlands has the Bowl, Temerity and Steeplechase open.
    Ajax has Walshes, Bell, Glades and the Dumps. The skiing is outstanding.
    Next weekend has a band for the new Base Village opening at Snowmass. Nathanael Ratliff is playing the Belly Up.
    The brand new Limelight has a special $159/night.

Copper was phenomenal this morning, we caught the first opening of the alpine lift terrain and too much was just too much fun. After we tracked that up headed back to super B and caught a tree that had fallen and was pointing up hill. 29 stitches between my thigh and face. Iíll be hanging out in gimp central for a couple weeks and getting some family time (aka credit for future ski trips).

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Copper was phenomenal this morning, we caught the first opening of the alpine lift terrain and too much was just too much fun. After we tracked that up headed back to super B and caught a tree that had fallen and was pointing up hill. 29 stitches between my thigh and face. Iíll be hanging out in gimp central for a couple weeks and getting some family time (aka credit for future ski trips).
    Oh shit! Sorry!

Fuck GPP33. Whereís that tree so I can avoid it? Damn!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Its right next to that rock that is just barely covered.

'Warning, early season obstacles may exist."

I stay out of the trees until we have a pretty substantial base, and that base has a chance to compact well. It's always temping, but to many bad consequences waiting to happen.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I’d rally up to Aspen for this or next weekend. Highlands has the Bowl, Temerity and Steeplechase open.
    Ajax has Walshes, Bell, Glades and the Dumps. The skiing is outstanding.
    Next weekend has a band for the new Base Village opening at Snowmass. Nathanael Ratliff is playing the Belly Up.
    The brand new Limelight has a special $159/night.
    Itching to pull the trigger, but going to wait until Sunday to decide where to go next weekend. But Aspen/Snowmass is on the radar. Just want to get a better idea on the forecast. Looks like 7 day plus outlook is wishy washy for CO area. Meanwhile Crystal Mtn, WA might be the place to be next week.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch