Page 43 of 268 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

4 passes arrived, one singular lanyard. Bravo powers that be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    There it is. Thanks!

Through Sunday you can take your skis in to get $15 off basic and full tunes.

http://www.crystalskishop.com
    Sweet. I have at least a couple pairs that could use a base grinds.

Yikes, that picture is brutal. Like an 80 grit belt and no water. What year is this? Yeah, that is a low price, but come on man. These days, no robot, no haps.
    Woof
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Yikes, that picture is brutal. Like an 80 grit belt and no water. What year is this? Yeah, that is a low price, but come on man. These days, no robot, no haps.
    Woof

I'll have what he's having.

Woof
    I've been out of the loop for way too long (doing all of my own work), so I don't know what a good rig looks like (Wintersteiger, etc), but those photos make me shudder at the thought of them "tuning" my skis.

Then, they say that turnaround is 2 weeks due to early season volume. High volume with questionable looking equipment. I think I'll pass.

Ya know what's really scary? They have good reviews on Yelp.

I'm prepared to eat my words however, 'coz maybe it's crappy photography.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Thinking about pulling the trigger on The Epic pass. Stowe, Okemo and Sunapee for $709 and some blackout dates seems like the best deal for the NE. Missed the deadline for the Peak Pass but Wildcat is the only hill I'd be stoked for. Attitrash and Mt Slow, all set.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Their tunes have been fine, IME. But I'm not a tune snob so YMMV.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Woof
    Website says "We feature a SKID Snowboard width belt grinder, a state of the art Montana Ski Machine Edge Grinding, and a computer controlled “Crystal Glide Finish” Stone Grinding machine." Could someone interpret?

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    But rfid is integrated in the pass, and is dependent upon whether the resort uses it?
    Last year WPMJ was RFID and Eldora was scan. They just scanned the bar code on the RMSP at eldo with no hassle. I'm guessing teh same.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    Thinking about pulling the trigger on The Epic pass. Stowe, Okemo and Sunapee for $709 and some blackout dates seems like the best deal for the NE. Missed the deadline for the Peak Pass but Wildcat is the only hill I'd be stoked for. Attitrash and Mt Slow, all set.
    If you happen to be a vet, the cost is $549 now. It’s just $149 for active duty and retired folks.

If you happen to be 65, Sugarbush midweek pass is 189. Was 129 all summer.

They've mounted about 6 pairs of skis for me including some touchy remounts, and they've always done a great job, but I don't know about the tunes.

They have two guys who have been there forever that do that mounts who are quite good, but I would assume they have newbies doing tunes?

I will point out that their website is one of the worst I've ever seen, so I'm not sure photos on it should be considered representative of what they are actually doing. Maybe I'll call today and ask what machine they are using...
    Last edited by beece; 11-02-2018 at 08:16 AM. Reason: grammar and shit

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Website says "We feature a SKID Snowboard width belt grinder, a state of the art Montana Ski Machine Edge Grinding, and a computer controlled “Crystal Glide Finish” Stone Grinding machine." Could someone interpret?
    With that info, now I'm now curious - at least for occasional major base mainteance (still waiting to hear other's moments about the machines and possibility of operator error - Danno's experience notwithstanding).

If reports are good, but you want to be cautious, you could have them just flatten the base and drop on by here where we can lay on a 1 degree bottom and either a 1 or 2 side with my SVST tools maybe 10-15 minutes per pair.

That doesn't mean they can can't screw up the bottom which could result in major butthurt.

Another possibility is the shop at the base of A-basin. Never used 'em but maybe others can report, although I'm guessing shop turnover is annual. A buddy used them for a quickie base grind that they did while he waited. They seemed pretty gentle with their touch but I didn't inspect the work with a true bar.

Life yourself, I'm really tempted to supplement my Ikon with an A-Basin pass. I don't know if I can go a year without going there.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Another possibility is the shop at the base of A-basin. Never used 'em but maybe others can report, although I'm guessing shop turnover is annual. A buddy used them for a quickie base grind that they did while he waited. They seemed pretty gentle with their touch but I didn't inspect the work with a true bar.

Life yourself, I'm really tempted to supplement my Ikon with an A-Basin pass. I don't know if I can go a year without going there.

... Thom
    The shop at Abasin is legit. The guy running it has been the same for a while as have a few of the employees.

I do my own side edge sharpening and waxing during the season, but I haven't worked up to doing base edges or basework. For these prices it would be nice to bring in the stack and have them clean stuff up to start the season, and then I can just maintain during the year. Since it's 8 pairs for the family the cost adds up, so this is tempting. Though I could probably run over my teenagers' park skis with a tractor 12 times and they wouldn't notice...

Whoa!! The IKON pass added A-Basin????

I didn't think so. Get the fuck of my lawn EPIC losers!!!!
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I didn't think so. Get the fuck outta here EPIC losers!!!!
    At least we have snow to ski on and lifts turning.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    At least we have snow to ski on and lifts turning.
    not sure what you mean. this was just a week ago. look at all that pow!
    Name:  44337365_10217903619767511_5049706643202244608_n.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  85.7 KB

and isn't Copper open?

Copper doesn’t open to the public for a couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Copper doesn’t open to the public for a couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Heard they were gonna have Super B open on opening day though. That's pretty cool.

I could ski Sunday River if I wanted...

I didn't think so. Get the fuck of my lawn EPIC losers!!!!
    LOL. Good guys at that shop though.

Broomfield Rentals has done good work for me, including mounting several pairs of skis, binding testing and tunes. Yes. You can also rent a ditch witch there, dont be scared.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Pretty standard set up. Full width wet belt sander, most likely a ceramic side edger and a Montana stone grinder.

If reports are good, but you want to be cautious, you could have them just flatten the base and drop on by here where we can lay on a 1 degree bottom and either a 1 or 2 side with my SVST tools maybe 10-15 minutes per pair.
    At a production tune shop, a majority of the base and edge material is removed by the belt. The primary function of the stone grinder is to fine tune the base/edge flatness and put structure in the base. My experience is the way skis get fucked up is three fold 1)shitty machines 2)shittily set up machines 3)equipment getting stuck in machines by shitty ski techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    At a production tune shop, a majority of the base and edge material is removed by the belt. The primary function of the stone grinder is to fine tune the base/edge flatness and put structure in the base. My experience is the way skis get fucked up is three fold 1)shitty machines 2)shittily set up machines 3)equipment getting stuck in machines by shitty ski techs.
    I worked in a tune shop for a few years. My boss shot a ski through a window because he didn't put enough water on the stone. We were laughing our asses off till corporate decided to drug test him and he was fired for the marijuanas.