Page 233 of 268 FirstFirst ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 6685

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    I wonder if we will actually see anyone wearing these new Ikon Pass gear from Dakine:

https://www.dakine.com/collections/now-trending
    I'm so confused as to why anyone would want these. They're not even exclusive designs with features you can't get elsewhere, literally just normal products with an extra logo embroidered on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    I'm so confused as to why anyone would want these. They're not even exclusive designs with features you can't get elsewhere, literally just normal products with an extra logo embroidered on.
    yahbut it has a cool 'x' in the design. You know, just like EVERY FUCKING marketing collab right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    yahbut it has a cool 'x' in the design. You know, just like EVERY FUCKING marketing collab right now.
    The 'X' didn't even make it into the design!

They could have leaned into the bumblebee color-scheme more heavily, partnered with a few brands to offer the colorway on their most popular gear, and done some sort of custom 'Ikonic [brand]' logotype for the collab and it would have at least been an interesting project. This is just lazy cross-branding design by committee that no one in their right mind will buy.

Isn't it a little strange that IKON would brand a pack that will be used primarily away from resorts? Or, at least, encourage non resort skiing in the long run?

I can’t wait to see gapers wearing Ikon TM Heli packs around the resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Like wearing a bandshirt of the headliner at a concert

Like wearing a bandshirt of the headliner at a concert
    If that is a movie reference that is excellent work.

If not, you missed an opportunity, but still well done.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    If that is a movie reference that is excellent work.

If not, you missed an opportunity, but still well done.
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  9.9 KB

The 'X' didn't even make it into the design!

They could have leaned into the bumblebee color-scheme more heavily, partnered with a few brands to offer the colorway on their most popular gear, and done some sort of custom 'Ikonic [brand]' logotype for the collab and it would have at least been an interesting project. This is just lazy cross-branding design by committee that no one in their right mind will buy.

Yeah, I guess it's an easy and lazy way to do this. For Ikon, it's like "Yeah, just put our logo somewhere on a couple items. Yeah, yeah, that's good, whatever, that'll do" and for Dakine, they just send a few items to be embroidered, and in the off chance that someone buys one (by mistake or on a dare, most likely), both Alterra and Dakine make a few extra dollars.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3415.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	390516

Outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    With one or moe unused and needless carabiners clipped to the pack.

YES! A classic. Nice pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3415.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	390516

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Kinda this. I always say I'm gonna ski the Basin in the spring, and then get distracted mountain biking or whatever. And now that I live further away it's even less likely that I'll make it there for anything other than Drinko. Highly considering a couple November days before Monarch opens.
    exactly. used to be the same with Loveland 4 packs, "I can't use them early season, I need to wait for those spring powder days!" More often than not, I am strategizing at the end of the season about how not to waste my LL tix.

Unless you are damn sure you're gonna use all the days in the spring, just ski where you want when you want and figure out the rest later.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah, but, even in an average year Abasin is good until May1. Certainly much better than even up to mid January. A few of the best powder days I've had in Colorado are midweek dumps in April. Ridiculous how uncrowded it was on a bluebird day afterwards.

Ikon Pass

Yeah, if you run out of LL 4 packs, there are also people selling them in April and May online.

April usually is my favorite month to ski in The Rockies. So many big days come to mind with no one out.

Had a ridiculous day at Loveland on the first Monday of April once after it snowed all weekend and chair 9 was down in the storm. Actually had to stop once to wait to ride a chair with someone just to socialize. Glorious.

Uh, yeah, I know there are great ski days in April (and sometimes May), that's the whole premise of this discussion. But IME, it is rare that I have run out of days at the Basin or at LL (and as was pointed out, that time of year is EASY to find face value or cheaper 4 pack tix to LL). My point was, everyone always says "don't use your days at ABasin early season, that's dumb" but IME, it makes more sense to just days when and where you want to. Unless you specifically have a personal history of running out of days (even when I had an Epic pass and there was no "running out of days", I always talked a MUCH bigger game about Spring at the Basin than actually happened). Most of the resorts have been staying open later and later, too, so mid- to late-April offers lots more options than in the past when it was JUST the Basin or LL.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This is my first Ikonic year and I have some frequent flier miles to burn. Zermatt or Niseko?

Dolomites

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    This is my first Ikonic year and I have some frequent flier miles to burn. Zermatt or Niseko?
    Eldora.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Dolomites
    Also in the mix.

Never skied in the Dolomites but based on skiing in Courmayeur--I gotta think Dolomites, for the food.

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    You can get into Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Dolomites
    What this guy said ^^^

Just bought tickets. Looks like we're going to hire a guide out of Corvara. Send any recommendations my way.