Page 189 of 268 FirstFirst ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Mt. Bachelor is changing the blackout dates, instead of requiring lift reservations (well, they are requiring parking reservations):
    "We have increased the typical number of black-out days on Ikon Base pass visitation, 12-Day and 4-Day passes, and limited the sale of the 4-Day pass."
    - https://www.mtbachelor.com/culture/m...blog?page=2821

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Why wouldn't you want to select "All Destinations' as the Adventure Assurance option. Seems like if any Ikon resorts closed due to Covid 19, then you would get a credit. Wouldn't this be better than single destination? What am I missing?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

So, ok, simple question here, since I haven't been digging too deep. What has to happen if I want a full credit for next season if I buy Ikon? The resorts closing and, therefore, I get no days, or will I get credit if I choose not to use the pass at all due to covid fear? Or, both? And then, which resort?

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Why wouldn't you want to select "All Destinations' as the Adventure Assurance option. Seems like if any Ikon resorts closed due to Covid 19, then you would get a credit. Wouldn't this be better than single destination? What am I missing?
    Doesn't it work that by selecting "all destinations" If your home mountain closes you get the same credit as somewhere the other side of the country closing gets you. Seems that option is aimed at the tourist rather than those who now by default have an Ikon pass as there home mountain's season pass>
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    I plan on mainly using my Ikon at Crystal this winter, so I chose Crystal. The scenario that would most screw me is Crystal is open as normal in December and getting dumped on. I use my pass in December and therefore, cannot defer. Then COVID spikes in WA and they chose to impose a lock down for Jan, Feb, ect. But other areas are not on full lock down. This would most screw me so I chose the single area assurance option. But I would love if others could point out my flawed logic because I don't really understand all this. Any actuarial scientist here who can assist us with this very difficult insurance decision?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I plan on mainly using my Ikon at Crystal this winter, so I chose Crystal. The scenario that would most screw me is Crystal is open as normal in December and getting dumped on. I use my pass in December and therefore, cannot defer. Then COVID spikes in WA and they chose to impose a lock down for Jan, Feb, ect. But other areas are not on full lock down. This would most screw me so I chose the single area assurance option. But I would love if others could point out my flawed logic because I don't really understand all this. Any actuarial scientist here who can assist us with this very difficult insurance decision?
    Makes sense to me. In the end, it seems like a way for resorts to pinch some pennies. They get their money if you don't ski and buy the pass - only rolling some over to next season. If you do ski, and cannot defer, they still get the money. And in the latter scenario, the skier is effed out of a full season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 9.45.06 AM.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	340649

I already bought Ikon with 90% of our season to be spent at Squaw/alpine(or whatever Im allowed to call it in a public forum...) Probably make a trip up to Bachelor to use a couple or a few days up there, always have fine intentions of making the drive to Mammoth but havent yet(been out in CA for 5 yrs, bay area, long drive in winter yo), with that Im conflicted...Hoping for some discussion from the Tahoe/TGR glitterati....

does it basically come down to a "Roll of the dice"?

First question: Are any of the locations more or less likely to be closed due to Covid? (looking for reasons why any single location is more or less likely to close, I was thinking Tahoe region in general would be more likely to close(crowded, serves a large population, but who knows?)

Second question: Since you receive a prorated credit when choosing ALL, regardless of which locations close, even if for one day, the amount would likely be smaller, right?

Third Question: If you choose a specific location and it does close for more than 7 consecutive days, you would get a larger credit? But if you really only ski at that one location, why wouldn't you choose it? Does it Matter? I can still visit any Ikon location whether I choose a single or All, right?

And, from what I can tell, I will not need reservations with an Ikon base pass this coming season, at any of the locations as far as what Alterra resorts/partners are saying today?

My goal is to actually go skiing this winter, I wont be waiting to see if there are ridiculous lines, I'm still going to go, and like I said it'll be at squaw alpine. 4 Ikon base Passes in the family. there is some money involved and whatever credit i receive would be a multiple of 4. I guess I could declare for two one way and the other way for the other two?

As far as Bachelor adding more non-useable dates, I think in general IKON Base added a couple more dates than last year, and Bachelor is adhering to these slightly enhanced IKON non-useable dates, am I wrong on this? Bach website is still showing IKON and the same non-useable dates...

great season so far....

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, ok, simple question here, since I haven't been digging too deep. What has to happen if I want a full credit for next season if I buy Ikon? The resorts closing and, therefore, I get no days, or will I get credit if I choose not to use the pass at all due to covid fear? Or, both? And then, which resort?
    This has been covered in a couple of threads numerous times. FFS just go to their website and read the simple answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    This has been covered in a couple of threads numerous times. FFS just go to their website and read the simple answer.
    Thanks sweetheart. I knew you'd come through. I see you haven't been in the maze they call a website.

AFAIK nobody here has access to any more information about the pass than anyone else here. Some people may have better reading comprehension. Many are like my wife--"Why is my computer doing this?" I have no idea, so I google it, find the answer and fix it. Why couldn't she google it? 37 years of marriage and I have no fucking idea.

Sugarbush just pulled the plug on seasonal programs & group lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Thanks sweetheart. I knew you'd come through. I see you haven't been in the maze they call a website.
    Honestly it's the first fucking paragraph on their "maze" of a website.

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=ikon+covid+protection

Thank you^ for making my case.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Honestly it's the first fucking paragraph on their "maze" of a website.

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=ikon+covid+protection

Ah, ok, thanks. That's better. Still not buying in.

We all have to remember that this is a marketing company ruled by salesman.

This thread is about as much fun as a contract law forum.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    This thread is about as much fun as a contract law forum.
    Are there hot Italian Jersey babies there to discuss liquidated damages?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I had an interesting conversation with an extended family member who works in management for Winter Park about their Covid plans. The long and short is that Winter Park and Alterra's approach to the upcoming season and Covid is to basically change as little as possible from prior seasons unless the State or County forces them to. Some specifics:
    -They believe limiting day lift ticket sales will be enough to control crowds and want to avoid a reservation system (lift access or parking) or capacity limits unless the State or County requires it.
    -They do not plan to alter lift loading (keep parties separated) and plan to load full chairs unless the County or State requires it (with the exception of possibly the gondola). They believe their science shows this is not necessary. (Similar to what Alterra's CEO said a while back).
    -Masks will be required in mazes, on lifts and in lodges, but they are not planning on any additional staffing for lift ops to help with soc distancing or face masks and will leave it up to "self-policing."
    -They will reconfigure lift mazes to try to spread out adjoining lines.
    -They do not plan to increase lift capacity (open Challenger, Iron Horse, etc.) on non-weekends/holidays and aux lifts will be open the same as last year.
    -The most notable changes will be for indoor spaces and food service, which will have capacity limits and more outdoor food service options.
    -Everything is subject to change on the fly.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    I had an interesting conversation with an extended family member who works in management for Winter Park about their Covid plans. The long and short is that Winter Park and Alterra's approach to the upcoming season and Covid is to basically change as little as possible from prior seasons unless the State or County forces them to. Some specifics:
    -They believe limiting day lift ticket sales will be enough to control crowds and want to avoid a reservation system (lift access or parking) or capacity limits unless the State or County requires it.
    -They do not plan to alter lift loading (keep parties separated) and plan to load full chairs unless the County or State requires it (with the exception of possibly the gondola). They believe their science shows this is not necessary. (Similar to what Alterra's CEO said a while back).
    -Masks will be required in mazes, on lifts and in lodges, but they are not planning on any additional staffing for lift ops to help with soc distancing or face masks and will leave it up to "self-policing."
    -They will reconfigure lift mazes to try to spread out adjoining lines.
    -They do not plan to increase lift capacity (open Challenger, Iron Horse, etc.) on non-weekends/holidays and aux lifts will be open the same as last year.
    -The most notable changes will be for indoor spaces and food service, which will have capacity limits and more outdoor food service options.
    -Everything is subject to change on the fly.
    That is fucking stupid.
    A) How can that many day ticket skiers/riders make up the normal daily load of people, so that it makes a 50% decrease?

B) Loading unrelated people on a chair like normal?

I think the State will step in.

For my sanity, I hope the states don't step in.

Quote Originally Posted by IrieIbex View Post
    For my sanity, I hope the states don't step in.
    We don't care about your sanity.
    I'll be surprised if California doesn't make some rules. They have extensive rules for everything else.

Loading lifts like normal... ugh.

Yes being outside and wearing a mask are great mitigation. The headwind from the lift is also helpful.

Your mouth being 18 inches away from a stranger's mouth is NOT a good idea. A mild crosswind could make that effectively even closer depending on who is sitting where.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Do any IKON resorts have bubbles like The Can's orange bubble? I swear, the first person who tries to put the bubble down with me in the chair will get a ski pole handle between the eyes.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Killington has a six pack bubble. Okemo a quad. The Killington works on nasty cold days. Big Sky has one up high. Heated seats. Posh.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    theres actually 2 blue bubblers one at the base
    its all posh till yur to baked to open the bubbler and rides the bullwheel

speaking for a friend :
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I’d get in one of those in a heartbeat.