Page 186 of 268 FirstFirst ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So I’ve heard Vail and now Al say they don’t expect reservations will affect anything, other than a handful of the busiest of days. Should we trust them?
    Al mentioned specifically they are worried about the 20-30 busiest days that are mostly weekends. So thats 10-15 weekends with the odd holiday taken off. Thats a lot of weekends.

I’m guessing more resorts will act on their own and limit Ikon pass holders later on when/if the virus has a second wave?

Let's not forget the governors just shutting it all down, again, but, this time, far enough into the season that you're beyond refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Let's not forget the governors just shutting it all down, again, but, this time, far enough into the season that you're beyond refunds.
    Just like colleges.

Maybe I missed it, but doesn't anyone know what the reservation process will look like? How far in advance do we reserve? How many days at a time can you reserve? If someone is a pass holder, can they select a bunch of days/all the days of the season? An email today from Solitude said they are prioritizing access for season pass holders, but no additional details that I saw.

Everything Ikon and Epic says should be assumed to be subject to change at any time.
    Sure wish I could buy a Squalpine only pass. I would rather not pay more for access to resorts I have no intention of visiting this winter. They do offer that pass to military.

Today from DV

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 1.54.33 PM.png
Views: 982
Size:  48.9 KB
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Sure wish I could buy a Squalpine only pass.
    those were the good ol days

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So I’ve heard Vail and now Al say they don’t expect reservations will affect anything, other than a handful of the busiest of days. Should we trust them?
    I trust their intentions, but we'll have to see how that actually plays out......
    Old's Cool.

Has Ikon given the date for the next deadline before prices go up?

^^^^^Last year the prices remained the same after August 31st until they closed sales in October

JFC folks. I can't believe the doom and gloom ya'll are posting up about. Just gonna point out that missing a season of skiing is a rich guy 1st world problem. Yeah, it may suck.

Just gonna point out a few things:

Epic - buy now and hope for the best. Use your pass 7 days, and you will get no refund no matter what.

IKON - Buy now and have until mid April to decide if you want to use your pass or use it to credit toward 21/22. Use your pass as much as you want, but if resorts close, get some credit.

So, in Benny's world, you are all fucked no matter what happen. Throw in the towel and put spikes on your road bike to ride the icy Connecticut roads all winter like a champ.

Or, if you have an IKON pass you have options. Wait it out the season looks like it is worth skiing (coverage, conditions, covid). If it never seems worth it, call IKON and get your credit for next season. No loss to you other than the 0.05% interest your saving account earns. OR, ski on day 1 and ski until the cover shit hits the fan and earn credit towards next season cause the resorts closed down.

If you are unsure about how the reservation program is going to work, and it makes you feel uncomfortable, you can turn your 20/21 pass in for credit toward 21/22.

It is not really all that bad, and IMHO IKON has offered plenty of ways out of the purchase.

If you are EPIC, OTOH, you need to wait and see what Vail decides for you. Hence, we are not renewing our Kirkwood Pass this season. With Vail, if I ski 7 days, that is it. No credit, no refund. So if we were to ski over the holidays and put in 7 days, and Gavin shuts the place down, that is it. No nothing back from Val as if that was a full season. Fuck that,

Or don't ski, bitch and complain and save up for spandex, cause that sounds fun.

Its not like there is not a pandemic going on right now.

Maybe your age is getting to you. If you recall, the Squaw pass used to be much more expensive. So, you could go back to paying $1600 if that please you.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but doesn't anyone know what the reservation process will look like? How far in advance do we reserve? How many days at a time can you reserve? If someone is a pass holder, can they select a bunch of days/all the days of the season? An email today from Solitude said they are prioritizing access for season pass holders, but no additional details that I saw.
    Solitude is not requiring reservations... at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Everything Ikon and Epic says should be assumed to be subject to change at any time.
    Sure wish I could buy a Squalpine only pass. I would rather not pay more for access to resorts I have no intention of visiting this winter. They do offer that pass to military.
    But it’s actually cheaper than before, so...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^^^Last year the prices remained the same after August 31st until they closed sales in October

JFC folks. I can't believe the doom and gloom ya'll are posting up about. Just gonna point out that missing a season of skiing is a rich guy 1st world problem. Yeah, it may suck.

Epic - buy now and hope for the best. Use your pass 7 days, and you will get no refund no matter what.

IKON - Buy now and have until mid April to decide if you want to use your pass or use it to credit toward 21/22. Use your pass as much as you want, but if resorts close, get some credit.

So, in Benny's world, you are all fucked no matter what happen. Throw in the towel and put spikes on your road bike to ride the icy Connecticut roads all winter like a champ.

Or, if you have an IKON pass you have options. Wait it out the season looks like it is worth skiing (coverage, conditions, covid). If it never seems worth it, call IKON and get your credit for next season. No loss to you other than the 0.05% interest your saving account earns. OR, ski on day 1 and ski until the cover shit hits the fan and earn credit towards next season cause the resorts closed down.

If you are unsure about how the reservation program is going to work, and it makes you feel uncomfortable, you can turn your 20/21 pass in for credit toward 21/22.

It is not really all that bad, and IMHO IKON has offered plenty of ways out of the purchase.

If you are EPIC, OTOH, you need to wait and see what Vail decides for you. Hence, we are not renewing our Kirkwood Pass this season. With Vail, if I ski 7 days, that is it. No credit, no refund. So if we were to ski over the holidays and put in 7 days, and Gavin shuts the place down, that is it. No nothing back from Val as if that was a full season. Fuck that,

Or don't ski, bitch and complain and save up for spandex, cause that sounds fun.

Well said. I was always a solitude pass holder and forced into ikon, which in turn had me resort hop, therefore, I guess I stick to solitude and not really resort hop.
    We normally have friends join us on a trip or two, but as non pass holders and having to purchase tix ahead of time, they won’t go, so maybe traffic is lower for us passholders.
    If shit looks real bad, well I guess I’ll be using the boat all winter in SC and fishing more or fly fishing winter trout in NC.
    Ikon has been sort of reasonable given the ongoing pandemic. I mean worst case I get passes rolled over and start over a year older.
    In the grand scheme, their business model is fucked for this winter because bookings will be really impacted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe your age is getting to you. If you recall, the Squaw pass used to be much more expensive. So, you could go back to paying $1600 if that please you.
    I’d pay that if it meant no chance of reservations for pass holders. Still would have to contend with possible covid closure though, which is rich white man problem for sure. I agree with your other post too, Ikon is making it more convenient than they could have.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    But it’s actually cheaper than before, so...
    does anyone have actual data on how daily skier traffic increased/decreased at squalpine since Ikon?

So, you could go back to paying $1600 if that please you.
    I'd do that if it means fewer people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Any tips on how to choose the assurance option? I get a separate pass at my home mountain and then travel around and hit ikon places enough to make it worth it.
    I understand how it works but not sure what to choose

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I'd do that if it means fewer people.

Same here... the only reason I didn't buy a JHMR pass this season is because I think its inclusion into the Ikon pass really devalues the traditional season pass. Knowing that all the best powder days are going to be overrun with Ikoners really makes one hesitate to commit to an expensive season pass when you can just join the Ikon gang and chase powder all winter. I know I'm not alone on this either.

In any event, rumor has it that the Ikon pass is only a 3 year commitment so we'll see what next year brings us. Hopefully JHMR and Alta won't be on it anymore.

I'm considering deferring the Ikon passes for me and the kiddo (14) and getting the A-Basin unlimited passes.

with the A-basin + $119 kid add-on its $588 for our passes, plus we get Taos and Monarch days in addition to 50% off at mountain collective destinations. Paid $1750 for the ikon passes that will now (or likely will) require reservations at the destinations we are most interested in (Jackson, Aspen, Taos, Copper). We also have Loveland passes (I coach on Saturdays) and the silverton unguided.

Quote Originally Posted by IrieIbex View Post
    does anyone have actual data on how daily skier traffic increased/decreased at squalpine since Ikon?
    Ikon is our pass at Squawlpine, there's no other option. Same deal for Mammoth. So you can't really calculate any distinction between those who would have the normal pass or an ikon pass, even if you had data. Is it more crowded the last few years? Absolutely - the parking lots fill up every weekend and that used to only happen on big powder days or certain holidays.

Ya, I just meant since they switched to Ikon.

I'm right with ya'll on the pass thing. I complained loudly on these forums when Vail bought Kirkwood. It for sure has ruined the experience there. Way more of a clusterfuck. Especially Sundays when all the Heavenly Bay Area skiers show up so they don't have to be on Route 50. Even the drive is much worse due to all those 50 drivers who don't know how to drive fro shit fucking up the flow on 88.

If I was a dedicated Alpine skier, I would be pissed about more than just IKON. It was a different place before Squaw bought them and flooded them with Squaw skiers. Not the Gaffneys, but all the BA tools who think skiing is glitzy. Still, I know gapers who would. never go to Alpine but wait 45 minutes to get onto Shirley Lakes cause it is the only terrain they can ski.

Anyway, I like not needing to make a reservation. Prefer the resorts just selling limited or no day tickets. Also expect to be surfing and biking more this winter than usual.

The whole point is that people want to fucking ski this winter, like we have been for, like, forever. What the fuck else are you going to do in the winter without travel?

Waiting for April is not an option. That's Spring, dumbass. When I've been on the bikes for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The whole point is that people want to fucking ski this winter, like we have been for, like, forever. What the fuck else are you going to do in the winter without travel? .
    This was covered already up thread, by a local: ice spiked tires for road riding in CT.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.