Page 185 of 268 FirstFirst ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 6685

Thread: Ikon Pass

^^^^that is what I would do, if we lived close enough.

Kind of shocked they chose Mondays. All the districts I have contact with chose Wednesday, so that didn’t have a short week. Meaning they would be more likely to work on that off day if it was mid week.

But I’d ski Wednesday.

My kid still has daily meetings at 8:30, but on Wednesday that is the only one. He is back in at 10:30 and 12:30 other days.

So maybe a Wednesday bike ride is in order. If the smoke ever goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    From IKON "Director of Digital"

"All you skiers out there, RIP your inbox on Monday."

https://twitter.com/stevenhubertron/...94281676259332
    Today, that tweet has become "unavailable". Also, that user's Aug 31 tweet has also become "unavailable" today---the tweet which leaked that the number of IKON resorts would increase by 1, the day before the RED Mountain public announcement.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    IKON's policy gives you credit ONLY for days of 100% lift/gondola closures. No credit for any border closures.

Also... No credit for a day that a resort runs ONE magic carpet conveyor belt for only one lap (3 minutes?). No credit if you select "Single Destination" and they close that resort every Saturday (because that's not enough closed Saturdays to meet the 21-day trigger). Etc. Many loopholes if IKON resorts feel like gaming the system against their own customers.

Also, my recollection is that the resort closure counts only if it is due to Covid. Meaning that, if spirits are awakened thus causing Avalanche Sharks to once again plague Mammoth closing the mountain for some period of time, that doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Today, that tweet has become "unavailable". Also, that user's Aug 31 tweet has also become "unavailable" today---the tweet which leaked that the number of IKON resorts would increase by 1, the day before the RED Mountain public announcement.

I would imagine they are looking for a new director of digital.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Also, my recollection is that the resort closure counts only if it is due to Covid. Meaning that, if spirits are awakened thus causing Avalanche Sharks to once again plague Mammoth closing the mountain for some period of time, that doesn't count.

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of this amazing movie that garnered 2.3/10 on IMDB...

ETA: OMG it is on Prime!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of this amazing movie that garnered 2.3/10 on IMDB...

ETA: OMG it is on Prime!
    Filmed in & around Mammoth. A couple of my bro’s were extras in it. I think they got a $100 bucks and a free bag lunch out of it. I highly suggest you go for the double feature with ..........
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	379314A3-A712-4491-96B5-A68DC5669D31.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	550.4 KB 
ID:	339955
    A film that is almost equally as bad.

I would like it if IKON decided to have a no reservation for single resort policy, so I am guaranteed a skiing spot each day of the season....like old times.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I would like it if IKON decided to have a no reservation for single resort policy, so I am guaranteed a skiing spot each day of the season....like old times.
    I would like it if the pandemic was over, racism was gone, and the west coast was drenched with rain for a week starting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Wait just cuz they aren't physically at school, don't they still have classes online? And don't parents have jobs?
    At my kid's school Monday is a planning day for teachers. He's in Kindergarten. He does have some assignments but no online class. I taught him to read, add and subtract over the spring and summer, but the little dude needs to get out of the house and exercise. I teach a class Monday evening but made sure not to schedule any meetings on Mondays. We're fucking skiing.

Unless everything changes again and ruins my plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    I understand your sentiment, but that would lead to Ikonic Mudslides.
    (Coming soon to a theater near you.)
    good point. How about snow?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    That's what I was thinking, but then I figured that maybe IKON already sold too many passes to handle that.

Like, let each IKON passholder select one resort as a "Priority Resort", where I never need reservations at that one resort, but I always need to make reservations for every other IKON resort. Would be like having a bunch of A-Basins (A-Basin's policy is: low enough pass sales so that no reservations needed). But I figure maybe IKON has already sold too many passes, and then too many passholders would choose Squaw as their "Priority Resort", and then Squaw can't handle all those people, so then Squaw would need to require reservations anyway. Not sure, might work though.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

The Squaw vs. Alpine balance this year will be interesting as well... I suspect people will submit for both on the same day and hope to land one spot. (assuming there's a reservation system)

I cleaned and swept out my inbox yesterday.
    Looking empty so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Looking empty so far.
    http://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/20...edium=facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Looking empty so far.
    Here's the info:

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/reservat...MwPnda38mF15zo

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo666 View Post
    Talk about passing the buck. “Pending” or “Not at this time”.

No doubt things will change between now and then and people will be PISSED THE FUCK OFF.

Interesting they list Big Sky as "Yes" reservations are required for Ikon pass holders. Nothing on the Big Sky website about that, and nothing at the link they provided. I just talked to somebody in Mountain Services this morning and asked about reservations and was told "not at this time," although that was in reference to season pass holders, not Ikon pass holders. Anyway...maybe Ikon has been told by Big Sky that reservations will be required for Ikon and they just haven't let the cat out of the bag yet.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/reservat...ZLIQNs2uI33ac4

Here we go.

Other than Alta / Bird and Aspen, which are TBD, looks like most places in the US which are not directly owned by Alterra will look to manage skier numbers by restricting Icon visitors, which devalues the pass from my perspective.

I thought it was a bit condescending for Alterra to claim that reservations are "Not required" for ski areas that have parking reservations instead of lift access reservations like Killington...

So fucked up.

Ikon passholders will need a reservation to ski ABasin after Nov 9th this season.

Old's Cool.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Ikon passholders will need a reservation to ski ABasin after Nov 9th this season.

So I’ve heard Vail and now Al say they don’t expect reservations will affect anything, other than a handful of the busiest of days. Should we trust them?

My uninformed guess is that anyone who books lodging through a resort's central reservations will be able to get ski reservations. Others might have problems, especially on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So I’ve heard Vail and now Al say they don’t expect reservations will affect anything, other than a handful of the busiest of days. Should we trust them?
    No.

Honestly, at this point, nobody knows shit. If it gets bad with a second wave in the cold, all bets are off. Remember how quickly everything shut down last March? I went from planning a cross country trip to nothing in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Should we trust them?
    They've already redefined what the word unlimited means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My uninformed guess is that anyone who books lodging through a resort's central reservations will be able to get ski reservations. Others might have problems, especially on weekends.
    This is why Kmart and other mountains have established parking reservations. Beds are money.