Page 175 of 268 FirstFirst ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

FWIW Vail has put serious restrictions when Perisher opens tomorrow. Day tickets on line only, two day minimum, limited restaurants / day lodges and 1.5 meter (5') social distancing everywhere. Encouraging people to bring lunch and enjoy the mountain views. So here is where it gets challenging and I could see this all but killing tourists even bothering to come. Social distancing will be enforced in lift lines. Members of the same household can ride chairs together. Others will be limited to one person on double and triple chairs. Two people on Quad's and three on eight packs. I am no statistician but uphill capacity is going to be reduced by at least 50%. Trams are going to be pretty useless with social distancing and how do you manage lift lines other than putting a severe limit on the number of skiers. Think about the shuttles that are in use in ski towns or the shuttle that get you from the parking lot to the base. I think the only way you do this is to limit the number of skiers each day. If you are a visitor and want to come for a week are you going to be able to buy tickets that guarantee you access? Are they going to count skiers and when they reach the magic number will they turn people away? If that is the case are they going to turn season pass holders away or require them to have a reservation.

Lets hope we figure this thing out...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Trump suspends work visas for foreigners. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/22/u...gtype=Homepage
    Having a bunch of people from SA come to work in the US ski industry this winter would not be the best idea. I might have to agree with the Trumper on this one.
    So you're saying that Trump is trying to protect these foreign workers from getting sick? Seems to me that, pretty soon, most will not want to travel to the U.S. and our passport will be looked at as toxic by the rest of the world if we keep on "opening up" like we are.

Sounds bearable for the "local", and very challenging and tenuous for the tourist.
    Here in Park City, the following short term rental limitations have been put into place:
    1) A person may book a short term rental
    2) Upon check-out, no one (not management, cleaning staff, maintenance personnel, etc., is allowed to enter the unit for 72 hours.
    3) After that, the unit may be cleaned and readied for a new tenant.
    4) After the unit is cleaned, a tape will be placed (crime scene type tape) securing the unit, which will not be broken for another 48 hours.
    5) So, 120 hours (5 days) after the 3 day stay, the unit will be ready for occupancy.

Clearly, this will promote longer stays (maybe 7 day minimum). Maybe, we will switch over to the 7 night European method of STRs.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Members of the same household can ride chairs together. Others will be limited to one person on double and triple chairs. Two people on Quad's and three on eight packs.
    This sounds so stupid. A chairlift, outdoors, whizzing through the air at 5 m/s, a virus can't have much of a chance at all to be passed around, right?

Just make everyone wear a mask or bandanna or whatever, and kick them the fuck out if they don't comply. The yellow jackets can stay busy enforcing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So you're saying that Trump is trying to protect these foreign workers from getting sick?
    no

no
    Then what you're saying is that America, responsible for a very large percentage of Covid cases and deaths, should be fearful of OTHER world citizens coming here to somehow spread more virus sickness and death?

Then what you're saying is that America, responsible for a very large percentage of Covid cases and deaths, should be fearful of OTHER world citizens coming here to somehow spread more virus sickness and death?
    You all know this isn't about Covid whatsoever. It is about Trump's "Make America White Again" goal. Covid just provides a convenient scapegoat.

Deer Valley summer rules:
    Summer guest lift tickets will be limited each day, dispersed over 2,000 acres and approximately 70 miles of trails. The bike skills park at Silver Lake will only allow up to 10 people at any given time. Parking density will be minimized to use approximately 25% of available capacity.

Chairlift queues will include markings to remain compliant with six-foot social distancing and there will be separate queues for scenic riders and mountain bikers. Only groups of common households will be permitted to ride together. Carriers and operational controls will be sanitized twice daily.

Snowbird Summer Tram rules:
    Tram Health & Safety Measures

Snowbird requires face masks to be worn at all times on the Tram and we request that face masks be worn throughout the resort. Face masks are available for guests upon request.
    Tram cabins are limited to 25 people.
    Before each trip, touch-point areas and handrails are disinfected.
    All windows are open throughout the trip.
    Guests are required to use hand sanitizer prior to loading cabins at the base and top station.
    Maze configurations are set up to maximize social distancing when queuing.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You all know this isn't about Covid whatsoever. It is about Trump's "Make America White Again" goal. Covid just provides a convenient scapegoat.
    Of course. But Goat seems to imply that we'll all be protected from dirty Latin death disease with this order.

Ikon Pass

Oh, just shut up bunny.

Timberline has stopped requiring reservations.
    Anyone here able to give us aa actual report on how well it is working on Mt Hood?

Can you really be that dumb ?
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    With no cheap foreign labor, ski resorts might be forced to hire ski bums like the olden days.
    I predict a lot of waiters and bartenders will be stuffing butts this winter.

Snowmass Bike Park is open with 3000ft of vert and gravity trails up to 7 miles. Gondi’s are hydrostaticilly cleaned after every ride.
    No real lines and easy to get away from people.

I’ve dined out alfresco a bunch of times and I feel safe here. I think there will be some challenges,
    but I’m pretty sure we’ll be fully open next season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0234.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	332404

Name:	IMG_0232.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	332405

Of course. But Goat seems to imply that we'll all be protected from dirty Latin death disease with this order.
    I didn't read it that way Benny
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yes. We haven;t figured out how to deal with the viral burden we have here already. We don't need to be importing more virus from elsewhere--and there are a lot of cases in SA,

I'm not defending Trump's reason for the ban. I realize he isn't thinking about public health; it just works out that way in this case.

And BTW, any country that lets Americans come to work or vacation is nuts. I think it will be years before we can travel outside the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Oh, just shut up bunny.
    If 8nly he would...and Trump as well for that matter.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I'm not defending Trump's reason for the ban. I realize he isn't thinking about public health; it just works out that way in this case.

And BTW, any country that lets Americans come to work or vacation is nuts. I think it will be years before we can travel outside the country.
    He is also banning those from NZ and Oz, not exactly hotbeds of COVID. He is doing it because he wants to all immigration, except maybe from Norway.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Yes. We haven;t figured out how to deal with the viral burden we have here already. We don't need to be importing more virus from elsewhere--and there are a lot of cases in SA,
    Dude, really.

The top headline on the NYT front page now.

"E.U. May Bar American Travelers as It Reopens Borders, Citing Failures on Virus

European Union officials are racing to agree on who can visit the bloc as of July 1 based on how countries of origin are faring with new coronavirus cases. Americans, so far, are excluded, according to draft lists seen by The New York Times."

You don't get it. The world is looking at us in horror.

Dude, really.

The top headline on the NYT front page now.

"E.U. May Bar American Travelers as It Reopens Borders, Citing Failures on Virus

European Union officials are racing to agree on who can visit the bloc as of July 1 based on how countries of origin are faring with new coronavirus cases. Americans, so far, are excluded, according to draft lists seen by The New York Times."

You don't get it. The world is looking at us in horror.
    Do you even bother to read what you're arguing with, or do you argue just to argue? Have you ever agreed with anyone on this forum, ever?

The world is looking at us in horror.
    So what else is new.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    So what else is new.

Name:	2599.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	332429

Just like the polyass posts keep appearing, I'll be skiing next season just like this spring or on the lifts. Bought a pass and thinking about October early snow turns already.

Name:	20200524_121106.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	332427

Name:	20200428_133751.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	332428

Name:	20200501_230206.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	332431
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Portillo cancelled their opening and may not open at all. Is this a hint of what’s to come?

Covid rampant through LatAm so makes sense. Too early to tell what will happen here. Probably a go in some modified form, but the case spike even in summer is concerning.