Page 160 of 268 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Thanks for the laugh OG. There is an UC Doc in Truckee, who is known, but will remain nameless in this thread. He put 12 stitches into my thumb and a few internally to repair the tendon following a campfire wittily accident. I was 12 or so.

About 20 years later I fell while fly fishing and ripped my hand apart. Same Dr. feel good put the opposite hand back together with 18-20 external stitches.

For a bit of time, I wondered if OG was The real Dr. feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    That’s amazing.

The 5th Element?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Swing and a miss, strike 2

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Swing and a miss, strike 2
    Did you catch the part about any pass use after 3/15 this year disqualifies you from requesting a deferral to the 21/22 season?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during their planning sessions but I don't want to be around ambient/2nd hand crack smoke.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Name:  630E2AC9-6722-4FDF-9C6F-EB9C0AFC8B1F.jpeg
Views: 1988
Size:  250.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    The 5th Element?
    Leeloo!!!

Dat hand
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Are day ticket rates going down next season at all... Anywhere? I doubt it but I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

You'll find out the first time you go to ski the single wrod on manmade snow and your credit card is declined.

And now, there's a class action https://www.classaction.org/news/alt...cOzn7bNcuDv22w lawsuit:

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik View Post
    And now, there's a class action https://www.classaction.org/news/alt...cOzn7bNcuDv22w lawsuit:
    Yeah, that class action suit is circulating as a "sponsored" ad on Facebook right now. I guess the success of it will depend on what terms people agreed to when they bought their Ikon Pass. You know, that shit you never bother reading...

We can all wait until the class action is decided. My guess is that if there is a class action settlement, the plaintiffs' lawyers will obtain a list of all IKON pass holders, and then write them a letter urging these people to file a claim. I just received one of these the other day for a class action filed and settled against VW for misstating the mpg for certain vehicles. I never knew that there was a problem. Yet, I will receive $1800 ......SCORE!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

The lawyer's resume is some entertaining reading.

"Greg litigates important cases for people and small companies suing large corporations.

Greg is a graduate of Harvard Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1986), where he was the Developments Editor for the Harvard Law Review. After graduating from Harvard, Greg served as law clerk to Ninth Circuit Judge J. Clifford Wallace. He then clerked for Chief Justice Warren E. Burger and Associate Justice Antonin Scalia of the United States Supreme Court.

Greg practiced at Kaye Scholer where he became a partner before leaving to form his own firm in 1995. In 1998, Greg partnered with Sean Luner, forming Dovel & Luner."
    https://www.dovel.com/our-team/greg-dovel/

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    The more we all hold out, the more they will sweeten it up. We're only 2 steps into the dance. I'll see what things look like as it gets closer to the end of May.
    Not sure why anybody would buy now even if they think they will get one. You have until end of May to make the decision. Until then, no decision to be made. I wouldn't pay that far ahead even without this virus. O could have an injury between now and then and no incentive to pay early.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    No business experience, but like all doctors I am an expert on everything.
    And you did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Just got this email today:

"Dear William,

Thank you for your recent purchase of a 20/21 Ikon Pass. Since your purchase, we have doubled the 20/21 Ikon Pass renewal discounts and you will be receiving a price adjustment to reflect the new renewal discount. There is no action required on your part.

You can expect the following adjustments to your future monthly payment amounts and a credit to your purchased insurance (if applicable):

Pass Holder
    Pass
    Future Payment Schedule (x4)
    Insurance Credit
    if applicable

Ikon Base Pass $100.00
    a reduction of $12.50."

For context, I signed up for my pass before all this shit started popping off.

I’d buy for deferral if I can start using 21/22 next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik View Post
    Ikon won't see sales until they go half off. Or extend this year's pass to next year, maybe through Jan 1 or something. Believe me, by January 2, they'll be begging us to buy.

2008 crash taught us that ski industry is the first to suffer. And this isn't anywhere near over, we've got a big crash coming before (maybe after) the election - Covid19 or no Covid19.
    Exactly what I was about to post. Passes were way fucking cheap after 2008. I put down the $25 or $50 on an epic pass just to feel like that wasn't a lot to lose if it all looks like shit come fall. But I think you hit the nail on the head, Yoga.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Are day ticket rates going down next season at all... Anywhere? I doubt it but I don't know.
    High day prices support higher price season passes. And I think they would follow on a downward spiral.

You guys are dreaming.

I feel like this all falls under "You pay your money and you take your chances".

I never once thought about asking for my money back on my passes that I bought. Yeah, it sucks we aren't skiing right now, but I'm just hoping to ski again next year, and I've already bought those passes. Water under the bridge.

I mean, the ski areas didn't really have a choice of staying open, and they lost millions if not billions of dollars for it too. Sorry about your luck, but when they close early because of a shitty snow season, they don't offer refunds, and when they stay open later than ever because of good snow, they don't charge extra.

...so, if you ordered skis on Amazon, paid for them, but they ran out of stock before shipping you would just buy another pair next season? Makes sense to me

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    ...so, if you ordered skis on Amazon, paid for them, but they ran out of stock before shipping you would just buy another pair next season? Makes sense to me
    Not really apples to apples there. I still got 40+ days in on my pass. Now, if I received the skis, but I never skied them, then tried to return them for full refund in May, then you might have a better analogy. Not their fault that some people never used their passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Not really apples to apples there. I still got 40+ days in on my pass. Now, if I received the skis, but I never skied them, then tried to return them for full refund in May, then you might have a better analogy. Not their fault that some people never used their passes.
    Seriously! It was mid MARCH, not January.

lotsa different pass types beside seasonal.... not really looking for a refund, just a chance to use my vouchers when they do get an opportunity to operate again. Seems pretty easy to me to just treat them like rain out dates at the local racetrack. "hold on to your tickets folks and we will see you next week!"

the customer did'nt miss out on available ski days because of poor planning on their part, so why not let them use the service that they paid for at some later date TBD?