Page 129 of 268 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Granted I'm just an east coast ikoner jong but there was plenty of space at Snowmass on the recent Thursday/Friday I skied there (Jan 2-3). Snow was pretty nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    2 friends from Maine left yesterday. They got a damn good deal on airfare from Portland to Bozone, had IKON passes, stayed with me 4 nights and another buddy 4 nights. Skied 5 days at Big Sky on IKON, 2 days at BB that they paid for, spent money in some shops, went to Yellowstone, took me out for a nice dinner and bkfst and had a great time.

The didn't stand around mouths agape or impede the flow of either mountain and were a joy to ski with. Met 2 other friends of theirs who were also in town on the dreaded passes. They stayed in Big Sky were fun to hang with and left me a nice blunt.
    Respect. It's not that hard of a concept and us Mainiac's tend to get it. Wish I could get to the Big to meet and ski this year, but we just booked into Revelstoke for the first week of March with the dread pass.

I know there is a bunch of money out there, but it amazes me anyone will pay window prices. I am to cheap to that is for sure, as I see 0 value in a $150+ per day lift ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Snowmass is terrible. It will be the usual shit show on Presidents day weekend. All four mountains have been really bad this year. Shitty snow and a million Ikoners. Even on weekday powder days.

2 friends from Maine left yesterday. They got a damn good deal on airfare from Portland to Bozone, had IKON passes, stayed with me 4 nights and another buddy 4 nights. Skied 5 days at Big Sky on IKON, 2 days at BB that they paid for, spent money in some shops, went to Yellowstone, took me out for a nice dinner and bkfst and had a great time.

The didn't stand around mouths agape or impede the flow of either mountain and were a joy to ski with. Met 2 other friends of theirs who were also in town on the dreaded passes. They stayed in Big Sky were fun to hang with and left me a nice blunt.

OTOH I had some interactions with some "Locals" who strafed me on a cat track yelling to get out of their way. We had words I was ready to drop one of them but they decided they were assholes and beat it.
    What did they do in Yellowstone? Snowmobile?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I know there is a bunch of money out there, but it amazes me anyone will pay window prices. I am to cheap to that is for sure, as I see 0 value in a $150+ per day lift ticket.
    The crazy thing is that $150 is what you'll pay after the ikon or advance discount at most of these places. The cheapest advance ticket at Steamboat is $159. Recently paid over $150 for a rest of the day ticket around noon at Deer Valley (and that was using the Ikon discount!). Left me a little salty.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Dum dums pay FFR$.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    The crazy thing is that $150 is what you'll pay after the ikon or advance discount at most of these places. The cheapest advance ticket at Steamboat is $159. Recently paid over $150 for a rest of the day ticket around noon at Deer Valley (and that was using the Ikon discount!). Left me a little salty.
    I mean, $500 plus a night hotel rooms definitely make a $184 ticket seem cheap.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Respect. It's not that hard of a concept and us Mainiac's tend to get it. Wish I could get to the Big to meet and ski this year, but we just booked into Revelstoke for the first week of March with the dread pass.
    Just came back from there and didn't get a sense they are dreading the Icon quite yet

The disconnect between the amount of terrain that is available and the number of people skiing that terrain is unlike any other place in North America

Hope that doesn't change

A lot of the folks who are there for the season are Australians or Scandinavians, so generally less territorial

Also - the only place in North America where everyone is stoked on a bluebird day when it finally stops snowing...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This is a solid go on the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Valentines Day is not blackout.

The next two days (15,16) are Presidents weekend and are blackout which should not come as a surprise.

And pretty sure they offer you a discount if you buy a ticket. on a blackout day. Can’t seem to confirm with the webs but I think it is either 25 or 50% off window price.
    Thanks, did just realize it's Prez day on that Monday until after looking at the calendars. If you find it listed that there's a discount on blackout days post the link as I scoured the Ikon site and saw nothing. Don't think I'd buy at half off, but much better chance than at 25% off.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I mean, $500 plus a night hotel rooms definitely make a $184 ticket seem cheap.
    Is Deer Valley really that expensive? What's so great about it? Runs seemed very crowded and the drink service in the lodge was slow and lackluster the one day I went there. Maybe it was a bad/busy day but I didn't experience anything that would cause me to rush back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Is Deer Valley really that expensive? What's so great about it? Runs seemed very crowded and the drink service in the lodge was slow and lackluster the one day I went there. Maybe it was a bad/busy day but I didn't experience anything that would cause me to rush back.
    I was talking about Aspen.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Snow Coach wild life watching & mid week leg resting. Didn't see no stinking wolves though, still had a great time.

A lot of the folks who are there for the season are Australians or Scandinavians, so generally less territorial
    Huh.... have not encountered either demographic.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Valentines Day is not blackout.

The next two days (15,16) are Presidents weekend and are blackout which should not come as a surprise.

And pretty sure they offer you a discount if you buy a ticket. on a blackout day. Can’t seem to confirm with the webs but I think it is either 25 or 50% off window price.
    Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Thanks, did just realize it's Prez day on that Monday until after looking at the calendars. If you find it listed that there's a discount on blackout days post the link as I scoured the Ikon site and saw nothing. Don't think I'd buy at half off, but much better chance than at 25% off.
    I have an Ikon Base pass (that I got from you actually!) and I tried to buy a ticket at Snoqualmie on MLK weekend and can confirm that there is NO DISCOUNT on blackout days. They wanted over $100 for Snoqualmie...so I just went home, lol.

On the flipside, I know last year I bought a ticket on MLK with my Epic Pass at Kirkwood and the discount was 50% off.

Huh.... have not encountered either demographic.
    I think he was referring to RMR, not Big Sky.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Makes sense now.

That beer after skiing and all.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Yes. Why not. It’s fkna awesome
    Slow machines but great scenery
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    I have an Ikon Base pass (that I got from you actually!) and I tried to buy a ticket at Snoqualmie on MLK weekend and can confirm that there is NO DISCOUNT on blackout days. They wanted over $100 for Snoqualmie...so I just went home, lol.

On the flipside, I know last year I bought a ticket on MLK with my Epic Pass at Kirkwood and the discount was 50% off.
    I know there have been base pass discounts on blackout days in the past. Didn't notice they had done away with those. Probably wouldn't make a difference to most folks but it seems like it would be nice to point out changes from last year in big print. When you buy a Sugar Bowl pass you have to go through a bunch of disclosure pages before they let you buy the pass--operating dates, which lodges open which days, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Yes. Why not. It’s fkna awesome
    Slow machines but great scenery

I did it one time. I felt guilty afterwards. Especially when I saw about 200 machines idling at Old Faithful. You could see the exhaust cloud.

Actually, I was wondering if there was anything else. I've driven that road a few times between Driggs and Big Sky, which spends maybe twenty miles in the park, and it looked like there was some nice backcountry at the turn offs in the park.

I did it one time. I felt guilty afterwards. Especially when I saw about 200 machines idling at Old Faithful. You could see the exhaust cloud.

Actually, I was wondering if there was anything else. I've driven that road a few times between Driggs and Big Sky, which spends maybe twenty miles in the park, and it looked like there was some nice backcountry at the turn offs in the park.
    A decade ago the regs forced 4 stroke engines. Less fumes
    Yes it sucks driving slow. But better than a snow coach
    And once you get to the geysers, wildlife and hotpools, I know you know it’s cool
    . . .

I wish they would ban them entirely in the park. Plenty of other places to get your brappin' jollies.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I wish they would ban them entirely in the park. Plenty of other places to get your brappin' jollies.
    It's a big park. Touron snowmo's are limited to the groomed roads, afaik. Also, only so many "local" riders are allowed, chosen by lottery, or somesuch. Afaik.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post

That’s my disconnect we have a KW Only Pass (no blackouts) but can buy 50% off at some Fail resorts.

Shocked icon offers nothing.

That’s my disconnect we have a KW Only Pass (no blackouts) but can buy 50% off at some Fail resorts.

Shocked icon offers nothing.
    Yeah me too. My take one it? I don't think they want Ikon holders to actually ski on blackout dates...