Page 123 of 268 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 6693

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    At least they put in a lift. Around here we just get more snowmaking guns and 'enhanced guest experiences'.
    Daisy and Brooks are totally Epic now

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

i know it's a long shot being that passes are only on sale for like 9 more days, but by chance does anyone have access to working discount codes? I tore my PCL in Sept and was told by my doc I was out until March or April. He cleared me to ski today. Since I didn't think I was skiing, I waited on the pass. I know, should have bought it with the insurance, I guess, but just wondering if anyone has a code to save a few bones not that I very unexpectedly got the OK to get on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    i know it's a long shot being that passes are only on sale for like 9 more days, but by chance does anyone have access to working discount codes? I tore my PCL in Sept and was told by my doc I was out until March or April. He cleared me to ski today. Since I didn't think I was skiing, I waited on the pass. I know, should have bought it with the insurance, I guess, but just wondering if anyone has a code to save a few bones not that I very unexpectedly got the OK to get on the boards.
    Pm ottime

If anyone else is holding, LMK please

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Pm ottime

thanks. I got some codes. they don't work anymore. oh well. at least I get to ski.

so, since I haven't been paying attention because I thought I wasn't going to be able to ski, what's skiing well on the Ikon in CO?

Aspen, Highlands and to a lesser extent Snowmass, will be really good this weekend.

Gondy running. Thankful it wasn't a month out like I thoght it would be. On the other hand, Steamboat is being very stingy with terrain openings right now. We got spoiled last year. .

noticed they do not have much open. copper has surprisingly been opening up a decent amount of terrain. always felt like they used to be super conservative in that regard.

Just skied most of the week at Mammoth. Pass is payed for, the rest of my season is free

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Just skied most of the week at Mammoth. Pass is payed for, the rest of my season is free
    Sweet. Mine was paid for last May. By June I was down to $65 per day. Hope to get ten more days this winter on it, and maybe 10 days again after KW closes. Almost wish I had money to buy some plane tickets. And more time.

https://www-1.thenewstribune.com/new...39284433.html#

Ikon strikes again!

Can only imagine what it's going to be like once the powder really starts dumping this season. Everyone been saving up their 5/7 days for the big pow pow days coming soon...

No worries though, Alterra CEO said he doesn't want Ikon to overrun resorts. "The company cares about a quality experience at its resorts." So I guess we got nothing to worry about since he said so.

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/color...such-as-aspen/

There's a whole thread about that.

Anyone know if these passes are going back on sale?

I’m going West for work in March-ish and want to go skiing as well.

this year's pass isn't going on sale again. last year, they started selling 19/20 passes on March 5th, but only a handful of resorts allowed spring access, and for most of those resorts, access started in April (you couldn't use it in march). support your ski resorts and buy full-price or lightly-discounted tickets.

No

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    this year's pass isn't going on sale again. last year, they started selling 19/20 passes on March 5th, but only a handful of resorts allowed spring access, and for most of those resorts, access started in April (you couldn't use it in march). support your ski resorts and buy full-price or lightly-discounted tickets.
    Is it crazy to not want to support the current pricing system almost all resorts champion? Personally, I'd rather drop more on my ikon/epic pass if it meant skiing were halfway affordable to any of my friends or that I could visit a nonikon resort without feeling like I'm being bent over. I'm probably just a poor east coast jong but I just dont understand how you expect to get new people deeper into the sport at close to $200 a day on just the lift ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Is it crazy to not want to support the current pricing system almost all resorts champion? Personally, I'd rather drop more on my ikon/epic pass if it meant skiing were halfway affordable to any of my friends or that I could visit a nonikon resort without feeling like I'm being bent over. I'm probably just a poor east coast jong but I just dont understand how you expect to get new people deeper into the sport at close to $200 a day on just the lift ticket.
    cheap megapasses are unsustainable, at least in the current duopoly form, and they directly contribute to high daily rates. really sweet deal for motivated long-time skiers in cities or living near unlimited mountains. I would like to see megapass rates go up, with more alternate deals on lift tickets for the 5-day/year skier. I don't care if epic pass sticks around, but I want to see more independent major resorts.

cheap megapasses are unsustainable, at least in the current duopoly form, and they directly contribute to high daily rates. really sweet deal for motivated long-time skiers in cities or living near unlimited mountains. I would like to see megapass rates go up, with more alternate deals on lift tickets for the 5-day/year skier. I don't care if epic pass sticks around, but I want to see more independent major resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post

skiing ain’t gotta be expensive....

https://www.indyskipass.com/

started at $200 early, at $239 right now for 94 days of skiing at 47 mountains.

giggity.

Wonder if you can buy two of those passes, so you can spend four days at a resort. Kind of hard to ski much on that pass without a fair amount of travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Wonder if you can buy two of those passes, so you can spend four days at a resort. Kind of hard to ski much on that pass without a fair amount of travel.
    The megapasses obviously want you to buy into the #vanlife and travel, but the individual ski areas will start to charge you out the nose to park it and camp on site. It's the same old ski area as real estate corporation shell game repackaged for #millennials. A spot to park and camp is the new condo boom.

They've been around for twenty years and steamrolling the whole business . Of course they're substainable.

Ticket pricing will follow the market. When they start losing customers to high prices, high prices will go down.

The top ten percent and the Boomers are the market. All the rest are slaves to that market. And, if you go back and check out the market over the past decade, it's done very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    They've been around for twenty years and steamrolling the whole business . Of course they're substainable.

Ticket pricing will follow the market. When they start losing customers to high prices, high prices will go down.

The top ten percent and the Boomers are the market. All the rest are slaves to that market. And, if you go back and check out the market over the past decade, it's done very well.
    Just don't go back 12 years. Downward Slide is the only work I've seen concerning the long-term sustainability of the current RE/resort model. Doesn't bode well in downturns. Typically lots of consolidation in the ski industry during market corrections. I think the current duopoly is a result of the 09/10 event. They're giving the skiing away trying to hedge the loss with f&b and lodging gains.

Today's super pass has certainly not been around for 20 years. Multi-mountain passes sure, but not on the scale of the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Just don't go back 12 years. Downward Slide is the only work I've seen concerning the long-term sustainability of the current RE/resort model. Doesn't bode well in downturns. Typically lots of consolidation in the ski industry during market corrections. I think the current duopoly is a result of the 09/10 event. They're giving the skiing away trying to hedge the loss with f&b and lodging gains.

Today's super pass has certainly not been around for 20 years. Multi-mountain passes sure, but not on the scale of the last few years.
    Doesn't "bode well in downturns"???

Wtf. The ski industry bounced from the great recession, the worst financial crash since the 1930s, really fucking well, I'd say. Look at the price of window tickets since then. Try buying a nice piece of real estate close to a Rocky Mountain or far west resort since then. Look at the fucking crowds at a lot of hills on weekends and holidays since then. Fuck, if that's bad times, I don't want to see good times.

And, you're probably way too young to know, but the Epic pass has been around nearly twenty years. I owned one in 2002.

That’s true bunny. And you were spouting about how it was the best thing ever. Big ole Vail fanboy. Look what you have brought upon us all. Shame.

Hey, I'm all for it. For 600 bucks or so, in April, I can commit to a deal that will buy me a ton of skiing days in many places, east or west. I'll take that bet. And, if Sugarbush goes Ikon season pass next year, cool, I have a great mountain a days drive away. PLUS 25 days in Utah, five days in Big Sky, five at Taos (or maybe seven each mountain?), etc.. Great. I ain't bitching. You guys are.

And I dont like Vail.