Page 106 of 122 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3046

Thread: Ikon Pass

  1. #2626
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,334
    Aspen season passes went up $90, since they added the Ikon Base.

    https://www.aspentimes.com/news/loca...kon-base-pass/


    Iíll probably only use the Ikon, early and late season, but itís still a nice perk.

  2. #2627
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,151
    At least you get that option, my seasons pass went up 100+ and I didn't even get any foreplay.

  3. #2628
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2
    Who will have the best snow for Christmas? Driving to LA for the holidays from Seattle. Want to stop for a day to use my Ikon pass to ski. Any folks have a sense of where the best snow might be that time of year? My wild ass guess was Mammoth because it's so high, but it's also so far south.

  4. #2629
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,078
    Who let the jongs out?
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  5. #2630
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvin1 View Post
    Who will have the best snow for Christmas? Driving to LA for the holidays from Seattle. Want to stop for a day to use my Ikon pass to ski. Any folks have a sense of where the best snow might be that time of year? My wild ass guess was Mammoth because it's so high, but it's also so far south.
    Probably Snowshoe but youíre on the wrong coast for that. Might want to change your road trip plans.

  6. #2631
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    under the hogback shadow
    Posts
    2,741
    kelvin1 joins 2 years ago and makes first post now.
    poor poor troll, so pathetic

  7. #2632
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvin1 View Post
    Who will have the best snow for Christmas? Driving to LA for the holidays from Seattle. Want to stop for a day to use my Ikon pass to ski. Any folks have a sense of where the best snow might be that time of year? My wild ass guess was Mammoth because it's so high, but it's also so far south.
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Seat...7!2d43.6775677

  8. #2633
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2
    On second thought, maybe I don't really need to see the in-laws this year. Anyone in Vermont want a sketchy stranger at your Christmas dinner?

  9. #2634
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    But never show up for a trail day? Sounds about right.
    Few people show up for trail maintenance in the front range. Newbs and old gen are both saying they don't have time for it. Too busy with the 24/7/365 Colorado lifestyle

    That slightly changed recently with "clubs" being formed but the vast majority just makes excuses.

    Anyway....back to corporate ski season passes...

  10. #2635
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,189
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Few people show up for trail maintenance in the front range. Newbs and old gen are both saying they don't have time for it. Too busy with the 24/7/365 Colorado lifestyle

    That slightly changed recently with "clubs" being formed but the vast majority just makes excuses.

    Anyway....back to corporate ski season passes...
    My favorite saying: "Somebody should fix that!"

  11. #2636
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,078
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvin1 View Post
    On second thought, maybe I don't really need to see the in-laws this year. Anyone in Vermont want a sketchy stranger at your Christmas dinner?
    That's a hard no!
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  12. #2637
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Jong Kong
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Has the majority of the skiing consumer buying power ever really accounted for more than the wealthiest 3-5% of Americans? No. Yes, there are a shit ton of terribly poor folks in my generation; those folks were never in danger of buying an ikon pass. Just because student loan debt crippling a generation is a fun story line doesnít mean itís inclusive of the whole generation.
    My point is, contrary to Bennyís generalization, there is plenty of buying power for skiing in Millennials; there is also a willingness to travel often. Less have kids to tie up their finances and anchor them home on weekends. Come hang out in Seattle, Boston, Denver, Austin and other growing cities. There are a fuck ton of 25-35 yo dinks with plenty of excess income and enough free time to get into skiing; even if it means flying to a new ski area every other weekend. Personally I think Vail and Alterra have recognized this upcoming change in how the skiing demographic is going to want to spend their time and money. They generally donít want to be tied to one ski area.

    If they gave discounts on GoPro accessories, they'd have 'em hook, line and sinker.. Gotta get those "epic" shots pizzaing down black diamonds for their 127 YouTube views.
    "Skiing is the easy part, Carl."

  13. #2638
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NERD,UT
    Posts
    149
    My season stats from Ikon.com
    "56 DAYS USED THIS SEASON" including "ALTA SNOWBIRD
    6 of 5 days used"

  14. #2639
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,661
    no way, ski host.

    i should be out to rip after the new year.

    blade on!

  15. #2640
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,526

  16. #2641
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    678
    Assuming this season is NOT all-time conditions in Aspen, it will be the real marker. Last season was the perfect storm of new influx of Ikoneers, all-time snowfall, and massive increase in local passholder usage. People whined about Ikon passes flooding the hill (myself, a bit, included), but I don't think it was that big of a deal over the course of the season. Time will tell, but I think for here, it will likely only be a big glaring issue on 20" weekend pow days when the 4Runners and Outbacks race up I70 to ski "the BOWL."

  17. #2642
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    5,875
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Assuming this season is NOT all-time conditions in Aspen, it will be the real marker. Last season was the perfect storm of new influx of Ikoneers, all-time snowfall, and massive increase in local passholder usage. People whined about Ikon passes flooding the hill (myself, a bit, included), but I don't think it was that big of a deal over the course of the season. Time will tell, but I think for here, it will likely only be a big glaring issue on 20" weekend pow days when the 4Runners and Outbacks race up I70 to ski "the BOWL."
    I am coming back either way. Last year MC this year as an Ikonic. My daughter has never skied Basin or Copper either because we avoid the area like the plague for obvious reasons but this year we will probably ski them on the way through.

    Hope to finally ski with some of the RFV kooks this year. Keep missing everybody.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  18. #2643
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,526
    try cooper...

  19. #2644
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    5,875
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    try cooper...
    Been there many times m series Jong. Who the fuck are you?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  20. #2645
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,334
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Assuming this season is NOT all-time conditions in Aspen, it will be the real marker. Last season was the perfect storm of new influx of Ikoneers, all-time snowfall, and massive increase in local passholder usage. People whined about Ikon passes flooding the hill (myself, a bit, included), but I don't think it was that big of a deal over the course of the season. Time will tell, but I think for here, it will likely only be a big glaring issue on 20" weekend pow days when the 4Runners and Outbacks race up I70 to ski "the BOWL."

    Yeah, I agree. Didnít really effect me at all.
    But I donít drive to Highlands, unless itís afternoon.

    The problem will be in shitty years, when everyone follows the snow.


    Iíll ski with the Uglies. Just show up for 1st chair at 1A.

  21. #2646
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Didn’t really effect me at all.
    But I don’t drive to Highlands, unless it’s afternoon.

    The problem will be in shitty years, when everyone follows the snow.


    I’ll ski with the Uglies. Just show up for 1st chair at 1A.
    I hear ya. The amount of fast, chargy runs on Corkscrew from Jan-May this year was phenomenal. I've always been a 1A drum-beater (despite my cohort being Gondi lappers), but damn if Corkscrew wasn't my favorite line on Aspen Mountain all year. Cone 2 with hero snow, close second.

  22. #2647
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I am coming back either way. Last year MC this year as an Ikonic. My daughter has never skied Basin or Copper either because we avoid the area like the plague for obvious reasons but this year we will probably ski them on the way through.

    Hope to finally ski with some of the RFV kooks this year. Keep missing everybody.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You're good - Alltrack owners get a honorary pass from any bitching I might still mutter.

  23. #2648
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    300
    Hello Zermatt.

  24. #2649
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,589
    ^^ fucking sweet

  25. #2650
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,098
    Yes, please!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •