Page 105 of 268 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 6685

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by steadieflow View Post
    Tell that to all the millennials that have and continue to move into the Front Range.....I think there is a sign at the state line now that says you must buy a ski pass and a mountain bike.
    On credit.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And then they are required to bitch about trail maintenance and traffic.
    Ha....and new development as they live in a brand new apartment building......

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Friends selling their house in Redmond for 1.4M were told they needed to re-stage to better attract the 30-35 demographic who would be the potential buyers.

They are renting out their xtal parking pass too.
    [bunny]Yeah but .. Vermont.[/bunny]
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    [bunny]Yeah but .. Vermont.[/bunny]
    lol....

[bunny]Redmond, harharhar, Redmond. Land of stupid money that makes you poorer.[/bunny]

Quote Originally Posted by steadieflow View Post
    Ha....and new development as they live in a brand new apartment building......
    This

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And then they are required to bitch about trail maintenance and traffic.
    But never show up for a trail day? Sounds about right.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Aspen season passes went up $90, since they added the Ikon Base.

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/loca...kon-base-pass/

I’ll probably only use the Ikon, early and late season, but it’s still a nice perk.

At least you get that option, my seasons pass went up 100+ and I didn't even get any foreplay.

Who will have the best snow for Christmas? Driving to LA for the holidays from Seattle. Want to stop for a day to use my Ikon pass to ski. Any folks have a sense of where the best snow might be that time of year? My wild ass guess was Mammoth because it's so high, but it's also so far south.

Who let the jongs out?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin1 View Post
    Who will have the best snow for Christmas? Driving to LA for the holidays from Seattle. Want to stop for a day to use my Ikon pass to ski. Any folks have a sense of where the best snow might be that time of year? My wild ass guess was Mammoth because it's so high, but it's also so far south.
    Probably Snowshoe but you’re on the wrong coast for that. Might want to change your road trip plans.

kelvin1 joins 2 years ago and makes first post now.
    poor poor troll, so pathetic

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Seat...7!2d43.6775677

On second thought, maybe I don't really need to see the in-laws this year. Anyone in Vermont want a sketchy stranger at your Christmas dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    But never show up for a trail day? Sounds about right.
    Few people show up for trail maintenance in the front range. Newbs and old gen are both saying they don't have time for it. Too busy with the 24/7/365 Colorado lifestyle

That slightly changed recently with "clubs" being formed but the vast majority just makes excuses.

Anyway....back to corporate ski season passes...

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Few people show up for trail maintenance in the front range. Newbs and old gen are both saying they don't have time for it. Too busy with the 24/7/365 Colorado lifestyle

That slightly changed recently with "clubs" being formed but the vast majority just makes excuses.

Anyway....back to corporate ski season passes...
    My favorite saying: "Somebody should fix that!"

On second thought, maybe I don't really need to see the in-laws this year. Anyone in Vermont want a sketchy stranger at your Christmas dinner?
    That's a hard no!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Has the majority of the skiing consumer buying power ever really accounted for more than the wealthiest 3-5% of Americans? No. Yes, there are a shit ton of terribly poor folks in my generation; those folks were never in danger of buying an ikon pass. Just because student loan debt crippling a generation is a fun story line doesn’t mean it’s inclusive of the whole generation.
    My point is, contrary to Benny’s generalization, there is plenty of buying power for skiing in Millennials; there is also a willingness to travel often. Less have kids to tie up their finances and anchor them home on weekends. Come hang out in Seattle, Boston, Denver, Austin and other growing cities. There are a fuck ton of 25-35 yo dinks with plenty of excess income and enough free time to get into skiing; even if it means flying to a new ski area every other weekend. Personally I think Vail and Alterra have recognized this upcoming change in how the skiing demographic is going to want to spend their time and money. They generally don’t want to be tied to one ski area.

If they gave discounts on GoPro accessories, they'd have 'em hook, line and sinker.. Gotta get those "epic" shots pizzaing down black diamonds for their 127 YouTube views.
    "Skiing is the easy part, Carl."

My season stats from Ikon.com
    "56 DAYS USED THIS SEASON" including "ALTA SNOWBIRD
    6 of 5 days used"

no way, ski host.

i should be out to rip after the new year.

blade on!

Assuming this season is NOT all-time conditions in Aspen, it will be the real marker. Last season was the perfect storm of new influx of Ikoneers, all-time snowfall, and massive increase in local passholder usage. People whined about Ikon passes flooding the hill (myself, a bit, included), but I don't think it was that big of a deal over the course of the season. Time will tell, but I think for here, it will likely only be a big glaring issue on 20" weekend pow days when the 4Runners and Outbacks race up I70 to ski "the BOWL."

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Assuming this season is NOT all-time conditions in Aspen, it will be the real marker. Last season was the perfect storm of new influx of Ikoneers, all-time snowfall, and massive increase in local passholder usage. People whined about Ikon passes flooding the hill (myself, a bit, included), but I don't think it was that big of a deal over the course of the season. Time will tell, but I think for here, it will likely only be a big glaring issue on 20" weekend pow days when the 4Runners and Outbacks race up I70 to ski "the BOWL."
    I am coming back either way. Last year MC this year as an Ikonic. My daughter has never skied Basin or Copper either because we avoid the area like the plague for obvious reasons but this year we will probably ski them on the way through.

Hope to finally ski with some of the RFV kooks this year. Keep missing everybody.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

try cooper...