Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Warren Miller RIP

Name:  83041220-012e-11e8-97df-295a7fd15d8d-780x501.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  46.8 KB
    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...the-age-of-93/

Warren A. Miller, the pioneering snow-sports filmmaker whose infectious zeal for the “pure freedom” associated with skiing, snowboarding and other pursuits inspired multiple generations of adventure-seekers around the globe, died Wednesday at his longtime home on Orcas Island. He was 93.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

He quite possibly has done more for skiing than anyone else.

RIP Mr. Miller

Last edited by gatorboy; 01-25-2018 at 09:36 AM.

I could be wrong but there's a good possibility this place doesn't exist without him and his work.

RIP Warren, and thanks.
    The Sheriff is near!

Thanks Warren
    watch out for snakes

Growing up, the ski season always started with a trip to watch the latest Warren Miller film. RIP, Warren, and thanks for all the great memories.

Dude had a good run of it

One of my favorite celebrities of all time for a multitude of obvious reasons. I am so thankful that I got to meet him at a dinner last winter in Big Sky. A friend of his told me that they believed this would be his last trip out there. Unfortunately it seems that they were correct. Warren lived an amazing, full life that most would envy. Time for a re-read of Wine, Women, Warren and Skis. Fantastic book.

Thanks for being such an inspiration to us all, my friend. Can't wait to ski with you on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    I could be wrong but there's a good possibility this place doesn't exist without him and his work.

RIP Warren, and thanks.
    he was the first. Seeing ski films as a kid in the 70's , warren was the king. Then Stump took it to another level. Mack Dawg, Matchstick,etc...all inspired by warren

his dream lives on
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by uburoi View Post
    Growing up, the ski season always started with a trip to watch the latest Warren Miller film. RIP, Warren, and thanks for all the great memories.
    This. Thanks Warren. RIP

Onward to the next phase.

RIP.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Dang. RIP WM. So much respect for that man and what he did.

Seems like the industry he spawned has two eras: Warren and post-Warren.

Mr. Miller suggested that a fitting memorial, for those able, would be a run down a favorite local slope in his honor.
    Time to take a run.

Damn, loved his movies growing up. His narration and his take on skiing were easy to resonate with.

Side note: The videos on youtube without the original narration need to die a fiery death.

Weird, I was lying in bed just minutes ago wondering how the old boy was these days.
    RIP Warren, take your camera with you.

He touched a lot of peoples lives in a positive way and lived to a ripe old age. That is a life well lived. Hoping your days are filled with sunshine and champagne powder Warren. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

“The best thing about skiing backwards is you can see where you’ve been.”
    -Warren Miller

Damn. Thanks Warren for the good times.
    I still call it The Jake.

“If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

Thanks, Warren. RIP.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

3 winters living the sun valley parking lot for $30. #realvanlife enjoy the turns warren.

So many great stories being shared about him on my social feed this morning. RIP the slopes in heaven. You were a positive influence on me and helped me shape how I wanted to live my life.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

RIP Warren

He had a good run

Official start of ski season when he came through Portland and narrated in Person in the 80's. Read his book awhile back and it was entertaining. Thanks for the memories and inspirations to a kid learning to ski in a non skiing family.

Hey had a great life and made it to 93, hopefully he knew that.

I never saw one of his movies not being a ski fanatic, just enjoying skiing; but I know what he meant to serious skiers and the industry; he was one of a kind.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

There always was something soothing about Warren's voice that made his narrations so inviting. You could always tell that he truly and deeply loved to ski, and that always translated onto the films he shot. When he was quoted saying that he 'never worked a day in his life', I always had to laugh in reminder that he followed his life's passion to a T, and lived a full life as a result.

The man's legacy shall not be so easily forgotten, and it's something we can all find inspiration in.

Now let's go skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    the bunnies attempting to safely offload the chair were good.
    thanks to Warren’s filming, we could all have a good laugh
    That's one of my favorite things about him for sure. He never seemed to take skiing too seriously. It was all about having fun and enjoying everything you possibly could in the mountains to the fullest. Kind of the opposite of some of the PSIA geeks who take things WAAAAYYY to seriously or some of the tourists we see who act all hard core but far too stressed out when at the resort. W.M. always knew how to present the sport in such an enjoyable light.