RIP. Mark E. Smith of The Fall

Dead at 60.
    https://amp.theguardian.com/music/20...l-dies-aged-60
    Saw them once or twice, back in the day, when his wife Brix Smith was bass player.
    Uncompromising dude.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

MES was only 60, but somehow his death isn't real shocking. He was a unique talent, that's for sure.

Only 60 but he looked about 85- must have had some degenerative illness. Love the "This Nation's saving Grace" album
    Last edited by Tele 'til You're Smelly; 01-25-2018 at 12:32 PM.

He mentioned being in "lousy" health in an interview he did back in Sept. I don't think this was unexpected

Just saw the news. First heard of the Fall on the classic album, Burning Ambitions - A History of Punk. Loved this song.

https://youtu.be/ZjO2ZbrIT6s

There's a tribute going right now (6:00-9:00 PM, PST) on KXLU's Part Time Punks show. Live streaming over your computer/phone.

Some good shit.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

guy smoked like a chimney for a start, fag after fag (ha!), add in the bad diet and drugs. Bingo masters breakout...aand early death!

I liked 'em, but was always put off by the hudge back catalog, where to start? 30+ albums, 30 ish Peel sessions and all. Sometimes a bit too repetative, they really milk a riff, but MES was a poet. God speed.

back in my freshman yr, college radio DJ, got into the Fall. I don’t think it’s an overstatement to compare him to Dylan or Joyce in his forceful use of words. Acquired taste, like most worthy things. RIP.