Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Actual dental question

My kid has two cavities and the dentist is telling me he needs two separate appts , WTF ? Is there a good reason for this or does that fucker just want yo charge me for two separate appts ? Sick of this fucker raping me for sealants and the kid gets cavities anyway. He once had my kid come back because his sealant failed and charged us for the reseal.
    If he was a skier and needed to add to his DPS quiver I could almost be cool but I guess I need to help him pay for his two kids in private colleges. Ready to bust out my rotozip and take care of this shit myself.

Maybe he thinks the kid can't sit still long enough? Just assure him you'll give the kid a couple of valiums beforehand.

Get a second opinion?

Actual dental question

Tie the teeth w string attached to a doorknob. Shut door fast.

As a person that was born with shitty teeth, I have a few comments. 1) a child's teeth will decay more easily than an adults. So regardless of sealers, some kids (like me) had their fair share of cavities. As far as filling two teeth at a time, that is a lot of work for the kid to sit through, hence why the dentist may suggest splitting it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Maybe he thinks the kid can't sit still long enough? Just assure him you'll give the kid a couple of valiums beforehand.
    Maybe I'll teach him how to roll a phat one to burn before he goes in, it's legal here in Oregon.

Sedation Dentistry.

If ur guy can't provide, time to shop around.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Get jr. the red crowns.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    As a person that was born with shitty teeth, I have a few comments. 1) a child's teeth will decay more easily than an adults. So regardless of sealers, some kids (like me) had their fair share of cavities. As far as filling two teeth at a time, that is a lot of work for the kid to sit through, hence why the dentist may suggest splitting it up.
    Your probably right about the time thing. I just don't like this guy's approach but can't really leave. The dentist's kid is friends with my older son and I know the family pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Get jr. the red crowns.
    Pfft, fuck the red ones. If we go down that road we're getting all crunked up with diamond encrusted gold for street cred.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    As a person that was born with shitty teeth
    I'm no dentist, but I have hundreds of hours in the chair.

novocaine in two separate regions in his mouth. Both cavities will be to the inner parts of the tooth? Could turn into a very memorable event that will be hard to forget. Brushing will become the new norm, but the nightmares could last for years.
    Last edited by Gepeto; 01-25-2018 at 07:05 AM.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Your probably right about the time thing. I just don't like this guy's approach but can't really leave. The dentist's kid is friends with my older son and I know the family pretty well.
    Then fuck he shouldn't be raping you...sounds like an asshole if you ask me..new dentist.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Then fuck he shouldn't be raping you...sounds like an asshole if you ask me..new dentist.

The whole industry is 50% racket to generate revenue. Teeth whitening, beauty grinding on and on. My cousin is a dentist and he is even apalled by the private sector. He is not local and in the military so does me no good.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Get jr. the red crowns.
    Bright Cherry Red molars. All my lowers on the right and a few uppers. Courtesy of the VA, circa 1980-81. Experimental materials; had to have them all pulled eight years later.

My cousin is a dentist and he is even apalled by the private sector. He is not local and in the military so does me no good.
    No reflection on the Cuz
    ​I am not in your hurry

I just had 2 fillings replaced and one was crowned in about two hours. You pay by the filling and perhaps this guys schedule is tight.

Never leave a good dentist!!! You will pay 2x as much to fix shitty work, and you will suffer!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

They don't like to do multiple teeth at once.

I always insist because I would rather suffer a little more once than a little less twice but that might not be a great idea for a kiddo.

I had a shitload of fillings as a kid. The dentist would fill several at a time, no anesthesia or sedation, slow speed drill. Back when kids were tough (and nobody seemed to think that kids could feel pain. They still don't--I've seen too many kids get inadequate or even no pain medicine after surgery.)
    I can't say it was a fun experience. My kids didn't get cavities when they were kids.

The whole industry is 50% racket to generate revenue. Teeth whitening, beauty grinding on and on. My cousin is a dentist and he is even apalled by the private sector. He is not local and in the military so does me no good.
    Maybe you should enlist!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Wow. do some of you just have a low threshold for pain? I've had more than a few fillings in my 46 years. Never did one hurt..hell I had a root canal and that didn't even really bother me. The dental dam was the worst part actually. Always ask for nitrous.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Sedation Dentistry.

If ur guy can't provide, time to shop around.
    This.

Fluoridation Mandrake

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Bump

The only insurance my long standing awesome dentist takes is Delta. They seem to have a slew of bad reviews. Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Bump

The only insurance my long standing awesome dentist takes is Delta. They seem to have a slew of bad reviews. Opinions?
    I've had delta for years. Group plan (very large group.) Never had a problem with them. They have criteria for what they will cover--how many cleanings per year, how often xrays, etc. I think the only time they denied was after I switched dentists and there was some duplication. Unless your dentist overtreats you should be fine. (Although a self paid plan might be different than a group plan--with a big group the insurer doesn't want the group management getting a lot of complaints.)

Yeah that’s exactly what I’m worried about, would be self paid at a mid tier plan to the tune of $500 a year or so. I need two crowns and if they actually pay the claim I’d come out a bit ahead. Not so much if I didn’t need the crowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Yeah that’s exactly what I’m worried about, would be self paid at a mid tier plan to the tune of $500 a year or so. I need two crowns and if they actually pay the claim I’d come out a bit ahead. Not so much if I didn’t need the crowns.
    Call the insurance company up front. They'll figure out your coverage and dentists in network. Just went through some dental insurance shit with my oldest needing wisdom teeth pulled. Wife fucked up following our dentist's recommendation and it was out of network. Ended up costing us about $600 extra.