Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My policy through work covers 100% of the Delta contracted fee (which is less than the billed fee), no deductible or copay, up to $2000/yr per person. I pay everything over that. Like I said, it's a group policy, maybe unusually generous? And like I said, not really insurance--an insurance policy would pay everything over $2000, not everything under.
    The dental insurance I’ve had over the years at several different companies (in the tech industry) never paid 100% of the cost of crowns. But, I’m sure there are some companies willing to pay more for decent employee benefits like you get.

I remember my dad had excellent health-care benefits - although I don’t recall the specifics about his dental plan. I’ve watched my medical and dental plans get steadily worse, and more expensive for me every year.

Hey Danno I’m a real periodontist in Colorado- if I’m not already your periodontist (or especially if I am) I’m happy to try and give you a hand. Also, to agree with what many of you already said, In my office we try to not use the term “dental insurance”. What we all actually have is a Dental
    Benefit plan, with a defined dollar amount of benefits and a defined set of procedures available for coverage. The benefits are set by your employer, or by your contract with the benefit plan.

Quote Originally Posted by EatSlpSki View Post
    Hey Danno I’m a real periodontist in Colorado- if I’m not already your periodontist (or especially if I am) I’m happy to try and give you a hand. Also, to agree with what many of you already said, In my office we try to not use the term “dental insurance”. What we all actually have is a Dental
    Benefit plan, with a defined dollar amount of benefits and a defined set of procedures available for coverage. The benefits are set by your employer, or by your contract with the benefit plan.
    Thanks! PM sent.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

IANAD but the point of taking full cycle is that even if symptoms go away you could still be harboring bacteria that would just cause reinfection.

Not sure where the literature sits on that these days, I slept through that part of dental school