Moccasin-type athlete's foot

I appear to have acquired moccasin-type athlete's foot. No idea how, other than occasional public pool use during summer I don't frequent communal locker rooms or similar high-risk places. No major history with Tinea infection, a little toe web stuff here and there but that's it. Anyone beat this with OTC treatments? Everything I've read indicates it's hard to treat and I'd really like to avoid systemic antifungals. Current plan of attack is a nightly 30-minute soak in warm water generously dosed with selenium sulfide dandruff shampoo, and 2-3x/day application of miconazole and terbinifine.

You need to disinfect and dry ALL your shoes you normally wear in addition to treating your feet. Pull out all the insoles and lysol/bleach them. Also use the powder inside your socks to keep your feet as dry as possible.

OTC works for most (but not me). Certainly give it a try--if unsuccessful there are prescription antifungals that may be more effective. I would certainly try to avoid systemics.

Soak your feet in water and turn them into water moccasins

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    You need to disinfect and dry ALL your shoes you normally wear in addition to treating your feet. Pull out all the insoles and lysol/bleach them. Also use the powder inside your socks to keep your feet as dry as possible.
    Definitely going to disinfect all shoes, then only use one pair for the next month. That pair will get lysol-douched daily and live on boot heaters when not in use. I've read conflicting things about powders for moccasin-type infections. Because the skin is thicker it's harder for the drugs to penetrate to the infected skin layers if things are overly dry, and deep cracks and skin splitting become more likely.