Dynafit TLT speed/speedfit binding, anyone used them???

Been eyeing the new Dynafit TLT speed and speedfit bindings. I was curious if anyone has put any days on them and what their thoughts are of them?

I am intrigued by the lower price point and the simple design, but curious how the half pins have held up as well as the rest of the binding.

Also, I did search and turned up nothing, if there is already a thread started, i'm happy to delete this

no one out there has any opinions on this binding?

The adjustable release on the Dynafit's is nice but rotating the heal to transition into uphill/downhill is not as convenient as the Atomic/Salomon Backland/MTN binding which only require a heal rotation for flat mode. The Dynafit bindings also have less fore/aft adjustability (5mm) than the Atomic/Salomon bindings. The Dynafit video even suggests that a person has to step out of the binding to transition which is probably not necessary with reasonable flexibility, but still kinda lame.

Probably just worth getting a used race binding if you want the weight savings
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    yeah in that genre of speed rad / speedfit / speed turn / ion LT / plum guide / etc etc the atomic backland tour seems easily to be the winner for now, maybe the g3 zed will be better?

race-style flaps are so. much. nicer. than having to rotate the heelpiece to transition. how often do you use flat mode in the wasatch right?
    I have the Salomon/Atomic MTN/backland binding. I really like it, but I haven't toured yet without rotating the heel pieces. So it seems like a mute point to me in comparisons to the TLT speed/speedfit.

I'm mainly looking to find someone that has used the bindings to see how they have held up. they certainly seem less stout than the solly's tech binding

I have the Speed Fits and do not like them. I don't mind that their "flat" setting is not totally flat, similar to the Superlight, but the heel risers suck, and they do not have an option to spin the heel unit with a pole, making speedy transitions a bit more of a pain.
    Not a big enough weight savings to recommend these over the Speed Radicals.

Have them and like them but have to pay the price of being the guy who needs his buds to rotate his heel for him every time a new slope is reached.

I think they’re worth having on an ultralight setup but I wouldn’t buy them again for general use.

Any comments on the fixed vertical release value? According to dynafit, the vertical RV on the speedfit should be about a 6 but WildSnow reports it being quite a bit higher(caveat: they were using a beta model). They had a hard time even locking into ski mode.

https://www.wildsnow.com/22473/dynaf...eedfit-review/