Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Slightly entertaining, but more irritating that he's ruining skis. Which got me thinking, the bases for those skis would have to different than bases made for snow.

I've never been a fan of scratching across shit that aint snow...

Maybe these skis are built totally differently. As in maybe he only went through s single pair. I’ve no idea.

As for the surf, yeah that is likely real too. Cody and friends were playing with that a while ago.

And what Meanfruit said. Maybe background was enhanced at times. For instance, I doubt they built a chair lift in the jungle.

And man, can’t believe that is a single lift served run. Imagine it with a shit ton of snow.

I'm not so sure that that was a skiing video. I can't help but think.....man he should be riding a mountain bike instead of ruining those skis.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I want to know what base material is being used on those skis. I would be willing to bet it isn't your run of the mill sintered PTEX. Obviously they're still getting thrashed, but I would think it has to be something lower friction. PTEX doesn't slide like that, even on steep slickrock.
    Purpose-built sandboards and sand skis use hard plastic bases, usually formica or laminex. Audi probably paid Faction to build him a bunch of custom pairs for this with a similar base material and no edges.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    More like towards CGI. I still don’t believe 50% of that was actually skied, the sand segment looked sick though.
    Are the outtakes CGI too, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    For instance, I doubt they built a chair lift in the jungle.
    That lift is real: http://www.rainforestadventure.com/j.../sky-explorer/

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Slightly entertaining, but more irritating that he's ruining skis. Which got me thinking, the bases for those skis would have to different than bases made for snow.

I've never been a fan of scratching across shit that aint snow...
    I’ve heard Formica bases work well on sand, I’m sure for dirt you’d want something similar as ptex doesn’t slide worth a shit on anything except for frozen water.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Purpose-built sandboards and sand skis use hard plastic bases, usually formica or laminex. Audi probably paid Faction to build him a bunch of custom pairs for this with a similar base material and no edges.

Are the outtakes CGI too, then?

That lift is real: http://www.rainforestadventure.com/j.../sky-explorer/
    I’ll wait for the outtake reel on this latest commercial .....they certainly took what they did in that commercial and upped the ante.

But yea, CGI enhanced outtakes wouldn’t be unheard of. Ever see outtakes in animated films? Release an outtake series for your commercial and people keep talking about it long after they stopped watching the original. It’s just good marketing. Not saying that’s what the outtakes you posted are but i’m Saying it wouldn’t be crazy for them to do it. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think I am.

Super entertaining but highly doubt he landed in the back of a wagon with his skis on.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Super entertaining but highly doubt he landed in the back of a wagon with his skis on.
    No he definitely did.

He's a really good skier.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Sharp as a tack, you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    For instance, I doubt they built a chair lift in the jungle.
    The chairlift was already there

Global warming, that lift used to serve pow

I think some of it was CGI, not because Candide couldn't ski it, just that there would be too much liability for a mega corp to let some jib kid throw 3's on top of the Great Wall of China, where a fall could send him a couple hundred feet to his death, or fuck up a millenium-old artifact.

The sand spines section of that was awesome. Brown pow

ITS REAL!!! ITS ALL REAL. Man.