Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Napa Beta needed

Wife's 40th. Where should we go, stay, etc.?

Pics of wife will not be provided, but you are free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Wife's 40th. Where should we go, stay, etc.?
    When are you going?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

didn't it all burn?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    When are you going?
    Early June

Bistro Jeanty in Yountsville is a hidden gem. Great country-style Frenchy food. We've always gone without a reservation, but times change and it may be prudent to make one now. Ask for the "Surprise Pitcher of Wine" with your meal.

Don't bother visiting Copolla Vineyards- those cocksuckers started charging folks years ago just to visit the property, much less sample the wine.

Sonoma's also worth a visit. Time permitting, check out Mendocino. fucking beautiful out there.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Mrs. Suit & I have had great lunches at:

- Redd Wood in Yountville
    - Solbar in Calistoga
    - Farmstead in St. Helena

Isn't it the kimchi capitol of the world?

Sounds spicy!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Skip Napa and go to Sonoma.

Their branded winter blades are actually decent and helpful.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Auberge du Soleil and Meadowood are the fancy pants resorts. Both are very cool, and if staying ther is not your style, lunch is good at either.
    Places I’ve recommended and people liked: Prager, (cuz it’s Port, and small), Jarvis, (a whole winery carved into a hillside with a ballroom the size of a basketball court), and Inglenook, (see a Tucker, an Oscar, cool history).
    There are a few other threads about this as well. A nice plan is to see a winery, have lunch, maybe see 2 more in the afternoon. Great road and mountain bike rides, golfing, but I doubt you’ll do that, coming from FL. Call ahead to the wineries, as a tour usually needs res.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Skip Napa and go to Sonoma.
    Downtown Napa has infinite more to do than Sonoma.

Visit Healdsburg. It’s an excellent day trip or place to stay

Wine tour at Jordan is great.

^^^Auberege is really nice. We stayed there for my wife's 50th, recommended.
    https://aubergedusoleil.aubergeresorts.com

Gott's Roadside for lunch:
    https://www.gotts.com/about/

The French Laundry for that special dinner - can be difficult to get reservations, start soon,

Terra if you can't get into the French Laundry.

Stop by the Napa Valley Olive Oil Manufacturing Company, cool place, great stuff:
    https://www.nvoliveoilmfg.com

My favorite vineyard is Coppola's - great memorabilia from his movies and the wine is decent. Edit: I just saw Viva's post - fuck paying to visit, but it's cool if it's free.

Another fun thing to do with the wife. Volcanic ash mud baths and mineral pools. Just north of the valley about 20 minutes in Calistoga. Seems a lot more posh places have popped since I've visited here:

Indian Springs
    https://www.indianspringscalistoga.com/

Once the hangout of the Greta Garbo era movie star.

There was plenty of tchotchke from that time.

Definitely will soothe any woman's beast and feels great.

Your all done, laying there in a warm full body towel with cucs over your eyes. Takes a few to settle in and loosen your grip on the man card. Very invigorating :>

The bungalows were funky and the whole setting is very low key
    ​I am not in your hurry

Napa Beta needed

Coppola’s is Inglenook, BTW. There’s a Coppola winery as well in Sonoma.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    The French Laundry for that special dinner - can be difficult to get reservations, start soon,
    Check the prices before hand, they do pre fixe meals and timed seatings. As I recall in the $300 - 350 per person range.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    Check the prices before hand, they do pre fixe meals and timed seatings. As I recall in the $300 - 350 per person range.
    Yeah, well...special.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Downtown Napa has infinite more to do than Sonoma.

Visit Healdsburg. It’s an excellent day trip or place to stay

Wine tour at Jordan is great.
    Yea, I should give Napa another chance. It just gave me a similar feeling to the pricey places in NYC; smug, arrogant and every employee gave you the utmost deference and respect but they really hated your guts and wanted to kill you with a spoon while you drank your $30 tasting. But we had no idea where we were going and went to most of the big vineyards.

Actually, just remembered I'm going there the end of May for work. Subscribed to this thread. Make my Napa trip not suck.

Auberge is on the list, recommended by my FIL. Holy hell it better be worth that price. Not sure if that will make the cut. $300 pp price fixe meal is about normal here. That will be in the plan.

Thanks for the info. I know a lady from high school that is a cook out there. She should have some good Intel, since she is pretty plugged in to the scene there. If she gives me some other suggestions I will share them here.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Early June
    Yountville and Healdsburg are nice. Look at Russian River and Mendocino too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    W/o wine

Napa Beta needed

June can be chilly with fog. Calistoga has a resort with a hot springs pool we went to once. Spa massage and then soak in the mineral waters until the fog burned off. Then lunch and wine.

Edit: I see Indian Springs was mentioned, so +1

Some people like the wine train. Dinner and wines while you rail through the Valley.

I like Cline’s wines in Sonoma. Silver Oak is Oakville.

Healdsburg should definitely be on your list of day trips.

A bit off the beaten path, but Manka's Lodge in Inverness is quite nice.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    A bit off the beaten path, but Manka's Lodge in Inverness is quite nice.
    The missus and I had one of our best meals ever there before it burned down - haven't been since rebuilding but it was great back then.

Napa local here........ Hard to do in one single list. PM me for questions and have a great visit!

French Laundry and the Meadowood are both 3 star Michelin restaurants. Both will be incredibly expensive and are tough to get into, but any list should at least mention them. That being said, here’s the more accessible good stuff.

Michelin 2016 Bib Gourmand just came out, which is supposedly reasonably priced delicious restaurants.

Bistro Jeanty in Yountville made the list, and it’s one of my favorite restaurants ever. So good. The French Onion soup is amazing and the escargot is really good.

Also in Yountville but more $$$ are Buchon which is delicious French. Bottega, which is amazing, so good. And Ad Hoc, which is Thomas Kellers kitchen but much more accessable.. (think French Laundry). Redd is up there too and super good, pretty pricey but not unreasonable.

You should definitely go eat in Yountville. I would go to Bottega, Ad Hoc, or Bistro Jeanty. Bistro may be my favorite restaurant in the valley.

Red Wood is an Italian pizza pasta place that is fabulous. Up in Yountville. Easy and delicious.

There is also a bistro that is really good on the way up to Yountville. Bistro Don Giovanni. Always good.

Cook, in St. Helena and Farmstead in St. Helena both made the list. Both are excellent.

Rutherford Grill is upvalley in Rutherford, about 15 minutes north on highway 29. They don’t take reservations and its delicious.

Grace’s Table in downtown Napa would be good for lunch or dinner. Locally sourced, simple and delicious.

Onetri is downtown Napa. Very good Italian. Great Pizza and salumi. Soo good.

Restaurant Allegria in Napa is consistently good Italian, and reasonable prices.

Also in downtown Napa and delicious.. Angele – French, on the river… Celedon – close to Angel Coles Chop house, expensive steakhouse, very good.

Miromoto- amazing Japanese. Very expensive but sooo good. Great bar and cool design.

OXBOW -- Great place for lunch. Lots of easy, reasonable food and relatively quick.

In the oxbow.

C-Casa - Great Tacos and Salads. Buffalo Taco is my favorite taco anywhere. –maybe

Ca’ Momi, good pizza

Hog Island Oyster Company – oysters and champagne.

Kitchen door, attached to oxbow and good.

Gotts is next door and has great burgers and wine and beer available. (outside the oxbow)

Ritual is great coffee

Cupcakes, Fieldwork Beer, Olive Oil and cocktail store. Lots to do and see in the Oxbow. Highly reccomended.

Next door is the Model Bakery, people seem to love their English muffins. I think it may have been on some TV show. I get their baguettes.

Faster, cheaper, local good eats.

Villa Corona. Close to Mariott, great Mexican, quick basic. Big burritos.

Squeeze Inn hamburgers, has fried cheese on the burgers, pretty unhealthy and delicious. Near the Marriott on Solano ave.

Norman Rose tavern downtown is reasonable, burgers, good fries, good beer selection etc.

Wine bars

1313 downtown lots of good wine

Carpe Diem more of a bar, good apps.

Bounty Hunter good wine, and good food for lunch

Mark Herald tasting room has good wine.

Tons of tasting rooms downtown.

Good Beer at "Tannery Bend" and "Trade" taprooms.

Breakfast,

Downtown

ABC bakery. Good food.

Sweetie Pies, good bakery, limited food, but the cinnamon roll with cream cheese frosting is sooo good heated up.

Buttercream bakery, local favorite diner for breakfast, pancakes eggs etc. kind of in the middle of town.

In Yountville Buchon Bakery is great for breakfast sweets but gets an enormous line.