Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    The light is very flat (top 1/3 especially it seems) but the level is very, very high. Wow!

Wow, so many awesome runs this year. Wasn't sure what the level would be like with Turdell already being champ (and injured) along with Pehota and Malakov. Everyone showed up looking to win, very impressed... the Bec delivers!

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Wow! Berkley's run was SICK. I'm not a judge but that felt mid to high 80's to me.
    I just watched it, I've got to say... fuckin' wow! Incredible 360 up high there.
    Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too

I can’t seem to find a way to watch the men’s SB and ski segment only the women? When I go to fwt.com and try and go the the men’s category the link is dead as in no action when clicking on it.

Nvm found the full deal on redbull.

That was pretty insane. Big lines. And Geo will sell a million skis next year. Go down skis!

But Remember: if you want to cater to the DPS crowd, you have to triple your prices.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Some great runs today. Very happy for Bimboes, (who was obviously stoked and hugging and highfivin' everybody...). But the 5 top runs were so close it's tough to tell.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Wow! Berkley's run was SICK. I'm not a judge but that felt mid to high 80's to me.
    I didn't watch live, and the reply doesn't seem to include him. Can anyone point me to his run??

^^^something weird going on with men's category replay online at redbull and FWT.

What a show it was today! I thought Markus' run was the winner FWIW. That switch 5 was bonkers. Scoring anomalies blahblahblah.

Thing 2 apparently got his couloirs mixed up. He'd intended to go one more couloir to looker's right on the face but missed the entrance. Think he had a big flatty planned in there. He wasn't too stoked about his run but as always knows how amazing it is to be able to be there and be a part of it all.

6th overall in the FWT and rookie of the year is a pretty nice season to have in your pocket and I couldn't be more stoked and proud of him. What a beast.
    Last edited by oftpiste; 04-02-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

really happy for you, thing3 and your family, oftpiste.

I’ll track it down to watch later today, but congrats to thing 3!

& very cool for you, oft!!

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

What a show it was today! I thought Markus' run was the winner FWIW. That switch 5 was bonkers. Scoring anomalies blahblahblah.

6th overall in the FWT and rookie of the year is a pretty nice season to have in your pocket and I couldn't be more stoked and proud of him. What a beast.
    👏👏👏 you should be super proud! The 360 at the top 💪💪💪

The standard was exceptional. Best i’ve seen. With you on Markus Eder. The « Butter » was special...

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Congrats, oftpiste. Every competitor, EVERY competitor is scared of that face before they compete. To ski it as a rookie is an accomplishment, and not fall, is awesome. Just being able to qualify is amazing.

^^^something weird going on with men's category replay online at redbull and FWT.

Thing 3 apparently got his couloirs mixed up. He'd intended to go one more couloir to looker's right on the face but missed the entrance. Think he had a big flatty planned in there. He wasn't too stoked about his run but as always knows how amazing it is to be able to be there and be a part of it all.

I actually came here to ask if he got lost in the middle of his run, it definitely looked like it. Regardless, the 3 off the top and singling the double at the bottom were dope and what a fkn killer rookie season! He should be super stoked on how he skied this year.

Wow, Berkeley's huge 360 at the top was bad-ass... I thought he was over-penalized on the landing - it looked like more of a double hand check than a backslap IMO. Judging today must have been tough, lots of good lines.

I thought Eder should have won... super technical line choice up top and that bottom section with the butter three cliff drop was nuts! Pretty sure we've never seen that in a comp before. That was Candide level.

Some great riding today. Any idea how steep the upper half is? I liked the drone shots giving a better perspective of that angle.

i don't think he was so much penalized for the landing as they just weren't scoring tricks well at all. i don't know how much info makes it to the riders at the top since they fire off the competitors so quickly but it was pretty obvious even before the snowboarders were done.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Agreed that they were putting much more weight into charging the face and ripping down fast than they were for tricks.

Nonetheless a great comp. Berkeley’s 3 at the very top with so much consequence was bad ass!

Quote Originally Posted by matoco View Post
    Berkeley’s 3 at the very top with so much consequence was bad ass!
    Yep, it's one thing to throw a 3 lower down with nothing but a nice long runout to the arch ahead of you (which is still bonkers, of course), but to basically hop off the summit with a 3 while there's still a Bec-load of gnar directly below you... that's scary behaviour right there.
    Powdork, you and the family headed through Chamonix on the way home at all?

Quote Originally Posted by peds View Post
    Powdork, you and the family headed through Chamonix on the way home at all?
    do you mean oftpiste?
    i'm in Tahoe and my stupid daughters don't even compete on the tour wtf?!
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Awesome accomplishment!
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Some great riding today. Any idea how steep the upper half is? I liked the drone shots giving a better perspective of that angle.
    Watch the replay at 9:20 and they go into great detail on the face.

Agreed on Eder. I wish they wouldn't penalize so much on small mistakes like hand plants and slaps. The riders are putting so much on the line with just visual inspections and so fucking entertaining to watch.

Thanks for all the support everyone. I've said before it means a lot and it still does. Slight correction.... I did this earlier too but the FWT kid is thing 2​ and not 3! I guess I could always just use his name....

It's a strange world for them in the judging realm. The vibe out here this year from the very top of the FWT organization is progression. "We want more tricks, we want more young style riding." Yet today that didn't seem to work that well.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    i don't think he was so much penalized for the landing as they just weren't scoring tricks well at all. i don't know how much info makes it to the riders at the top since they fire off the competitors so quickly but it was pretty obvious even before the snowboarders were done.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    do you mean oftpiste?
    i'm in Tahoe and my stupid daughters don't even compete on the tour wtf?!
    Dang, saw the wrong name somewhere along the line. The offer for a beer is there for you too though if you find yourself on this side of the pond!