Thread: FX Femur

FX Femur

This sucks.

Well, rehabbed from hip resurfacing and did great. Opening day of ski season Black Friday after Thanksgiving, on my second run caught an edge and fell. Slow speed, no twisting, etc. Landed squarely on the point of my femur. Fractured off the greater trochanter, or so I thought. Helicopter ride back to SC ($66,000) for surgery. Buy the air transport insurance for $65/year.

Turns out the big problem was a splinter fracture through the femur in the top 1/3rd of the shaft. Rod and nails in the bottom, and through the femoral neck at the top. Says the resurfacing had nothing to do with the fracture, just bad luck.

Been on crutches for 8 weeks now. Weight bearing starting last Wednesday for two weeks, down to one crutch for two then a cane for 2-3 weeks. So, total time on support for leg, 14-15 weeks.

Hopefully get to ski next year. Had a trip to Canada planned for next month with the daughters and some ski buds. Obviously not happening.

Doc told me if I was 4 years old, I would be healed and walking. Lesson, don't break bones when you are an old fart.

Ken
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Cool

It only takes 1 degree of happenstance. Watched a girl make a clean tear of an acl negotiating a snow cookie in a lift line. Sorry for your pain.

Losing a year on the tail end of your good years smarts a little more

Based on your recovery from the hip... just another bump in the road

plus ur the ultimate antijinx in ur nek-a-the-woods
    ​I am not in your hurry

vibes

That sucks.

I think i will go chug some more milk
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

jesus man that sucks. good luck.

That totally sucks. I've been sidelined for multiple seasons. I feel you. Heal up soon dude.

Last edited by LightRanger; 01-22-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post

Losing a year on the tail end of your good years smarts a little more

Based on your recovery from the hip... just another bump in the road
    Yep, had that thought many times. I've got several good years left, but this takes one away. I can still run the dispatch radio.

I'm healing good, just slow. No pain at the moment, but it doesn't take much to get it sore.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Well, first visit to the gym this evening. Did 30 minutes on the bike for a little over a 3 mile ride. Lots of strange looks walking into the gym on crutches.

Sore tomorrow.

way to go, man.