Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    I guess my main concern is the claws popping up when I'm touring..
    I would reach out to 22D or FHL when the upgrades are out and see if you can get them gratis or on a sweet deal. When touring in powder, the snow can get under the claw and release it; it then locks onto your boot and you're in ski mode. It doesn't happen often, but when in the right snow conditions, it can be unavoidable and obviously fucking annoying. I would put my risers up so it couldn't happen, but on flat terrain, that kind of sucks too. The new cam and new springs are intended to mitigate/resolve that.

For now, given you're using inserts, mount 'em up!

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I've been on Rottefella Freerides since 2009. Still my favorite resort binding for ease of entry, several successful releases, easy swap between skis, and I haven't broken one yet.

That being said, I locked my heel in the BC last year for the first time ever and have no regrets. Got tired of chasing a light releasable bc option. Really liked the Outlaw but too heavy. I haven't skied a tele tech toe binding, too many failure stories, fiddle factor / after fixes, and release issues steered me away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Same on the Freerides. That binding with the WC Evo boot rips. Managed to get a pair of Freerides right after Mitch got me on his setup (2008? Can’t remember).

I do like the way the Lynx skis but it’s been a ridiculous wait for that new Scarpa tech toe boot & so I’ve just gone with AT for the BC. Mostly. Sometimes use Freedoms for BC pow days still.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Same on the Freerides. That binding with the WC Evo boot rips. Managed to get a pair of Freerides right after Mitch got me on his setup (2008? Can’t remember).

I do like the way the Lynx skis but it’s been a ridiculous wait for that new Scarpa tech toe boot & so I’ve just gone with AT for the BC. Mostly. Sometimes use Freedoms for BC pow days still.
    I’m sure you’re aware, but it’s not recommended to make tele turns on AT gear…. :P

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I’m sure you’re aware, but it’s not recommended to make tele turns on AT gear…. :P
    Yeah that’s the main weakness of AT…sucks for tele turns.

PSA: 22 Designs has updated v3 main plates in stock. I splintered my v2 plates at the cam stop nubs on the second day out with them, and 22D shipped out replacements within an hour of me emailing them. Great customer service, thanks Jake and Libby!

Comparison of the various main plate versions from Instagram:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211116-214850.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	394.2 KB 
ID:	393008

New version replaces nubs with gradual taper.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

I heard that 22 Designs will also have a softer-flexing plate option for sale. It's not mentioned on the website yet.

I’d love to have some ease-up in the flex for the Lynx. It’s just too damn stiff for the TX pro boot. I’ll prolly be getting some early season days on the Lynx as they’re currently mounted on my beater skis.

Mountign question here, according to 22D template you mount the lynx as if it was an outlaw, with the front of the boot being on the vice pin line... but when I go to mount the lynx it seems like it puts the BC line significantly (1.5 cm-ish) behind the corresponding line on the template. The website says they are the same in their FAQ and I can't get ahold of anyone at 22designs via phone to answer my question.

Anyone have any beta for this issue?

EDIT: Figured it out... the numbers on the template are not the mondo size... whoops.
    Last edited by ASmileyFace; 01-26-2023 at 10:22 AM.