Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

22 Designs Lynx (NTN w/ tech toe!)

From the boys in Driggs. They seem to do no wrong - can they sprinkle some of that 22D magic on this tele-tech binder??

Anyone got more intel?

Name:  26814583_1794158773964136_6950310023306607958_n.jpg
Views: 4484
Size:  27.3 KB

FB says for Fall 2018.
    sproing!

You still tele?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    You still tele?
    Still. I know.
    sproing!

Looks cool, but I'm not gonna run out to buy some TX Pros.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Can't wait for the magical boots to come to life!

Damn those look sweet! Doesn't Crispi have a burlier tech compatible boot?

Those are some sweet heels, from like 2010!

They should do a colab brew with Bishop.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I volunteer myself for testing! Need boots and clamps excepting donations (skis would be excepted, too).

On FB, "cesare" made an interesting observation about forward pressure to keep one from not walking out of the binding, i.e. the image does not show any underfoot springs.

Stoked.. Just wish it has a viable release component.

#lockitdownhippie
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I volunteer myself for testing! Need boots and clamps excepting donations (skis would be excepted, too).

On FB, "cesare" made an interesting observation about forward pressure to keep one from not walking out of the binding, i.e. the image does not show any underfoot springs.
    The homie is telepariah over here.
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

sproing!

Even if I was able to flex my left foot into a tele turn anymore (due to injury from said manufacturer's non-releasable binding), I still wouldn't be interested because this is, again, a non-releasable binding.

Looks cool though.

This thing looks fucking sick.

More in-depth: http://www.telemarkskier.com/first-l...-designs-lynx/
    sproing!

agree. it's exciting, but I was still hoping that boots would be the BIG thing for tele next year. i'm still accepting donations and volunteer tester.... former pro gear tester and reviewer....

Unrelated, what's up with his middle buckle in this video?

Just doesn't like it? First time?

Hung over is my bet. At least he has the boots on the right feet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

I don’t care if it releases. Don’t most skiers who blow ACL do it with DIN releasable? An illusion of safety.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I generally try to avoid getting caught is an avalanche, but....

The only time where I truly needed a binding to release, it broke, my boot was severely decanted, and my lower leg was super sore and badly bruised for days. Other times where I wished I sometimes wish that I had a releasable binding is when one ski goes one way around a tree and the rests of me goes the other way. It's always awkward and I sometimes come away a little sore, but I never end up walking out because I lost my ski in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I don’t care if it releases. Don’t most skiers who blow ACL do it with DIN releasable? An illusion of safety.
    Release won’t necessarily save your ACL, but will probably save your tib/fib. There is a reason you don’t hear about too many broken legs in the alpine skiing world anymore.

Interdasting
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by garuda View Post
    Damn those look sweet! Doesn't Crispi have a burlier tech compatible boot?
    Two burlier boots by Crispi, the Evo Tour and the World Cup. Some aren't happy with the Crispi fit compared to Scarpa, but the Crispi Shiver has been good for me regarding fit and durability. No tech fittings on my older version and a little under powered for bigger skis, a booster strap and taller Intuition liners has helped though. I would like to try a TX Comp if they ever put tech fittings on it.

This binding holds a lot of promise, but happy on my Outlaws for now until the kinks get worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by ripvw View Post
    Release won’t necessarily save your ACL, but will probably save your tib/fib. There is a reason you don’t hear about too many broken legs in the alpine skiing world anymore.
    Bullshit. I patrol for a living. I see broken legs (tib/fib) all the time. Super common injury.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I blew out my right ACL on releasable teles, CRB, back in 93.
    watch out for snakes

Maybe the continued development and push of more touring oriented bindings are just ahead of the soon-to-be release of better touring oriented burly tele boots.....

This was the case when the cable bindings came out. The designers knew that the terminator was coming and designed with those boots in mind.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app