Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

22 Designs Lynx (NTN w/ tech toe!)

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Bullshit. I patrol for a living. I see broken legs (tib/fib) all the time. Super common injury.
    Figure youíd see more or less broken legs if alpine bindings didnít release?
    The entire purpose of safety release bindings is to protect the lower leg. Not saying people donít still break their tib/fib, but most research shows a decline of 80% or more with the widespread adoption of release bindings in the 70ís.

Ok thatís probably true but I have not seen any reduction in my last ten years. Bindings are about as good as theyíre gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Unrelated, what's up with his middle buckle in this video?
    He says blister prevention and heel retention. Weird but works.

Anyone have an update on this? Not even the folks at EYT have posted up preliminary reviews.

All 22D said was: "Direct orders expected to ship early December." And those come after shipments to fill orders made at retail stores.

22 Design Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    All 22D said was: "Direct orders expected to ship early December." And those come after shipments to fill orders made at retail stores.
    Any updates on bindings in use? Curious what the opinions are as keeping an eye out for future purchase

TA

Quote Originally Posted by TA61 View Post
    Any updates on bindings in use? Curious what the opinions are as keeping an eye out for future purchase

TA
    Shipping delayed so not too many folks that have tried them yet:

http://www.backcountrytalk.earnyourt...ynx-v1-delayed

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Shipping delayed so not too many folks that have tried them yet:

http://www.backcountrytalk.earnyourt...ynx-v1-delayed
    Thanks for the link. Sounds like 22D is trying to get things right.

Buying these as soon as they're readily available!

I skied the Lynx in a pre-production test with Backcountry Magazine last year. At the time we didn't know how to adjust the preload on the springs and while the binding skied great, I had trouble with it releasing on me when I didn't want it to. It was after the test that Dostie dismantled a pair and I shot some video of him demonstrating how to get to the springs in a way to turn them tighter. On that model, it was not possible to do without removing the flex plate. Based on that I bought a pair this spring and mounted them on Atomic Backland 107s with threaded inserts. I won't ski them until next season so all I can say for now is that they feel very tight with a boot in them so I don't anticipate any pre-release issues.

WRT to catastrophic release in the event of an avalanche, I think any tele tech binding that is not locked out has at least a chance of releasing. My recent three years experience with TTS tells me that they do release if not locked out. Lynx is supposed to be skiable without locking the toe so the best we can hope for is perhaps they will release. I endeavor not to get caught but I'm only human. I recognize it can happen. I've been caught three times in 40 years, never been buried. Terrain, terrain, terrain. I manage terrain on very small scales in terms of not only go or not go but precisely where do we go if we do go. Small features can trigger big slides or small slides into terrain traps. Look at every inch of a line and identify the places where triggering is more likely so we can stay out of them and out from under them. I also put key rings on the leash attachment on my boots so a release in a minor fall will not run away but a release in an avalanche will rip right through the key ring. Release is possible, not guaranteed.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2235.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	285765

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--